Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Invite sent to Ghil.1460, remember to represent the guild after accepting the invitation, to access the guild chat and other benefits the guild has to offer.

@Minsc_N_Boo, hehe, you are welcome! Maybe one day you'll become a smelly unwashed squire!
    John Thorns, Rakel, Elizia Crow, Shiro Kanjo, Edda Swan, Eril Stenr - kinjru.2439

Accepted the invitation and represented the guild. thanks a lot!

Activated Node
    Hey friends, latecomer combined with severe alt-itis means my top character is still only 75, but I'd love to join. Have lots of influence items sitting useless in my bank too. Torabayashi.1924

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Torabayashi View Post
    Hey friends, latecomer combined with severe alt-itis means my top character is still only 75, but I'd love to join. Have lots of influence items sitting useless in my bank too. Torabayashi.1924
    Invite sent, welcome to the guild. Remember to represent after joining, to access the guildchat and other things the guild has to offer. : )
    John Thorns, Rakel, Elizia Crow, Shiro Kanjo, Edda Swan, Eril Stenr - kinjru.2439

hi there,

i am an avid RPS reader from germany. I am 29 years old and currently studying British and American Culture at Bielefeld University. I focus on thinking and writing about video games and RPS is my daily most beloved news site concerning all things PC gaming. As I very much enjoy the comment section for its humor and civil atmosphere I fancy playing with other RPSers :-)
    My account is realkruste.6375. Looking forward to see you in-game.

Hi all,

Long time lurker and level 25 Necromancer here. Just started GW2 a week or so ago and after faffing around with alts I decided it was time to get myself a guild. With RPS being such a shining example of civility on the internet, I have high hopes for the GW2 division.

ID: PolychromaticAardvark.8674

I look forward to seeing you guys in-game.

Invites have been sent, welcome aboard guys! realkruste, I thought Bielefeld didn't exist?!

Obscure Node
    Hi - longtime reader of RPS and shorttime player of Guild Wars, I'd love an invite to the RPS guild, reading this sub-forum it sounds like the guild is a good place to be. Coming from a few years in the same guild in WoW, I've found a few levels of soloing in GW2 a quiet experience!

ID is Brass.5762

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Invites have been sent, welcome aboard guys! realkruste, I thought Bielefeld didn't exist?!
    That is entirely correct! But the university exists, yet... http://www.nw-news.de/_em_daten/_dpa...diereninbi.jpg

Made me chuckle. Thanks for that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    Hey folks

I caved in today and took advantage of the rebate. Fun fact: I've never played WoW. So I'm actually quite excited about joining the fine people here.

Good to see you in here Easy, welcome! GW2 is pretty different from WoW so don't worry, you don't need the baggage

Just make sure you select Gunnar's Hold (EU) as your home world and you're all set.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    Good to see you in here Easy, welcome! GW2 is pretty different from WoW so don't worry, you don't need the baggage

Just make sure you select Gunnar's Hold (EU) as your home world and you're all set.
    Well after my last 3 games of dota 2 that resulted in a soul-crushing defeat of the most humiliating disposition, I think that I will give GW2 my maximum attention. (but I must be doing something wrong as I'm dying a lot even in GW2 !)
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Yet another casualty of the recent rebate reporting in. 30-year old Scandinavian guy, totally not here for your gold and women, so feel free to hand me the keys to your guild vault. Sakkura.2678 is my ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    Yet another casualty of the recent rebate reporting in. 30-year old Scandinavian guy, totally not here for your gold and women, so feel free to hand me the keys to your guild vault. Sakkura.2678 is my ID.
    We usually don't keep our women in the guild vault, so I don't see why we shouldn't... Invite sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    Well after my last 3 games of dota 2 that resulted in a soul-crushing defeat of the most humiliating disposition, I think that I will give GW2 my maximum attention. (but I must be doing something wrong as I'm dying a lot even in GW2 !)
    You have a boatload of stuff to do and discover in GW2, a new content patch just hit with a lot of goodies yesterday.

This applies to any newcomers to GW2... just enjoy the game, do not worry about leveling up or getting to the endgame, because that is mostly irrelevant. Go around the world, explore, kill, pillage, gather plants, chop down trees, do jumping puzzles, fail horribly and die and most importantly do whatever seems fun at the moment (ooooh shiny! moments abound).

If you don't understand something about game mechanics me and all other "old-timers" are there to help you, just pop a question (or 100) in guild chat.

PS Remember to dodge. Disable double tap dodging in the options menu (you can thank me now for saving you a few deaths in jumping puzzles) and bind that dodge key somewhere very handy.
    Last edited by noaru; 27-02-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

May I add to your points, Noaru, that many of those things listed are even more fun when done together with other people. And yes, just ask in guild chat if you have questions or if you are looking for companions.

Network Hub
    Where do most people hang out? As a new Sylvari Ranger I'm exploring Caledon and enjoying it, but I don't see a lot of people much less RPS folks. The world is BIG, so I was wondering how you manage to bump into each other?
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Obviously Lion's Arch is the major hub and therefore kind of the "basecamp" from where people start exploring/adventuring. But I do bump into people whereever something's going on, like the Shiverpeaks at the moment or near Dungeon entrances. Oh, and of course the guild chat is the place to be.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    I was bumbling about in Diessa Plateau last night and wandered into quite a crowded area, and there were more than a few events going on.

Making the inevitable comparison to WoW, I feel like there are more people out and about, but fewer people in the capitals. But maybe that's just because I'm comparing Hoelbrak to Orgrimmar. Might be different comparing Lion's Arch to Thunder Bluff.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgam View Post
    Hi - longtime reader of RPS and shorttime player of Guild Wars, I'd love an invite to the RPS guild, reading this sub-forum it sounds like the guild is a good place to be. Coming from a few years in the same guild in WoW, I've found a few levels of soloing in GW2 a quiet experience! ID is Brass.5762
    Hi - I'm sure bumping breaches some etiquette somewhere, but wondering if this got missed? Let me know if you need any more info