Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Hello all. First post! Longtime RPS reader and lurker here, only posting now to make sure I get invited to this here guild. I anticipate that I'll be quite active, at least in this subforum, after the game launches. I am a member of the Steam group.

I've been planning out my character for a while now, I'll be a human engineer with a nice compliment of turrets, and a rifle. I'll mainly play defence in WvW. I plan to quickly max out my leatherworking and huntsman disciplines, as well as one or two others. I'll be, uh, aiming to craft an epic rifle A.S.A.P.

I'm a thirty-something Canadian, I live in BC, some 8 hours off of most of you folks' time zones, but that won't be an issue for me. I played on Aurora Glade during the BWE's, and it mostly went quite smoothly. For maybe 15 minutes on one day the lag was noticeable and annoying. I keep all kinds of weird hours, and will be online playing GW2 *most* of the time for the next few months, so I should be awake and around for any guild-related events.

Looking forward to questing with the lot of you! See you online in 43-46 hours!

Network Hub
    Hi,

you may have seen me occasionally lurking in the RPS steam chat or on a random ARMA2 event. I'll be rolling a mesmer and my favourite aspect of Guild Wars 2 is everything. And I'm also bad at introducing myself.

Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping that GW2 will fill the current MMO shaped hole in my life, having recently become tired of WoW (and MoP doesn't look likely to draw me back).

I've been playing MMOs for a while now (Earth and Beyond, Neocron, City of Heroes, Warhammer Online and of couse WoW), and one of my main interests in every one is finding a relaxed and friendly guild atmosphere. Sometimes such a thing already exists, sometimes I need to create it. I'm hoping that the RPS guild will be the home in GW2 that I'm looking for. A guild with sufficient interest and skill to play the game well, but lacking the drama and tantrums so common in the hyper-competitive guilds.

My main will be a human thief, but I have always been one to be a bit of an altoholic. My priority will likely be PvE at first, whilst I learn the game. But I'm always happy to join in for some RvRvR or PvP if there was a guild group running it.

Hopefully see you in-game soon,

Desvergeh.

PS - Anyone have any idea why GW2 will not allow my username? It seems to think it is offensive language or something.

Hi Everyone

You might know me from the RPS London meet ups. If not then hello! I'm Zhugie. I plan on starting with a Charr Engineer and will mostly be focusing on PvE but I look forward to helping out in WvWvW. This is my first MMO so I have no idea what I'm doing. Should be fun

Oh and because of some terrible planning I won't be on this weekend :-(

Zhugie

Hiya Everyone, I'm Gerbil.

I'm on the young side of the age range when it comes to the RPS community, both online and off - I'm almost 18, and I've only been active on the forums for a month or two now. I'm fairly active in the DotA 2 community, as I admin the steam group and mumble, and coach some of our newer players. I also crop up on the Minecraft server, from time to time.

Guild Wars 2 will be my first "proper" MMO, the only other one I've played being Spiral Knights. I'm looking forward to playing an Engineer, and I'm particularly excited for WvW.

I tend to end up in a command type role a lot of the time in most games I play, but I'm happy enough to sit back and let things flow if need be.

When I'm not playing DotA you can find me doing pen n' paper RPG stuff, Magic: the Gathering, and brewing copious amounts of tea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by desvergeh View Post
    PS - Anyone have any idea why GW2 will not allow my username? It seems to think it is offensive language or something.
    I believe that in German it means 'A Whales Vagina'.

I have no idea
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Hi folks!
    I'm Broen and I'm fucking excited that Saturday is just around the corner! I'm a regular visitor of RPS and really like the writing and overall vibe of the site. The comments section never made my eyes bleed or my brain hurt (only because I like puns... any Buglers here? http://thebuglepodcast.com/?page_id=8 Andy Zaltzman is the king of puns), that's why I was happy to read about Rock Paper Signet on the forum. It just looks like the place to hang out with a nice bunch of people and enjoy the game.

My MMO history is very short. Eve Online (on and off for the last 6 years) and Guild Wars 1 (I'm a casual gamer, so it fits perfectly). I'm very excited for GW2 since the beta weekends were so much fun to play.

My main will most likely be a norn or human thief. Maybe I will change my mind in the last second and then play a norn Elementalist. Right now I'm just confused and I'm happy that I didn't check all of the other classes. What would I do?! To many options!

I will start with PvE at first but I'm also planning to join the WvWvW action on Saturday.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    I believe that in German it means 'A Whales Vagina'.

I have no idea
    Hey Aqualung!

Wow if you take the child out of Beard of Bees intro I could have been reading about me.

Activated Node
    Hello All,

I've dabbled in the free trials of MMOs before but I'm hoping GW2 will be the first one I'll really manage to get into. The concept of MMOs has always interested me but the execution (clunky controls, kill 10 rats, grinding, etc.) has never really kept me playing. I'm also hoping that being a member of a guild will make it feel more "massive" and keep my interest.

I've really no idea what I'll play as, I messed about with some characters in one of the BWEs and I found the melee characters to be pretty chaotic so I'm more likely to play a ranged character, I think. I'm definitely the sort to dabble and then start again so I'll probably end up with a bunch of low to mid level characters rather than one main character.

Initially I'd expect to play mostly PvE and will save the WvW until I understand the game a bit more. I'm pretty unlikely to get huge amounts of time with the game (real life tends to intrude) but hopefully I'll still be playing for months to come.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Wow if you take the child out of Beard of Bees intro I could have been reading about me.
    Please don't do that. It is called kidnapping and it is WRONG.

Hi comrades, I'm Hal9000.

I'm 31. Former EVE player I ragequitted out of frustration. I've tried a few other mmos and none of them made me want to stay more than a month. I didn't play the first GW and I found GW2 art style and no subscription model very attractive. I've played a few times with RPS community (Arma2, Tribes:Ascend, EVE, TF2) and it was always excellent people.

My main character will be a human thief, but I'm still deciding his name. I will play a lot of PvE and some sPvP. During stress tests my rig couldn't handle wvw (slideshow mode) so I'm not sure if you'll see me fighting a lot in the battlefield.

Can't wait to kill ten rats altogether :P

Quote Originally Posted by desvergeh View Post
    Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but I suspect this is because your name includes the word 'verge' which is French slang for penis.

Anyways - Hello all!

I will definitely be moving across to Gunnar's on Saturday morning so I can (hopefully) join you guys. I was briefly a member of the EvE RPS Corp (before a combination of sub running out, and general busy-ness lead to me quitting EvE). They are a great bunch though, and highly recommend them to anyone thinking of playing EvE in the future.

I have been playing MMOs for ages, usually as a dedicated healer, so GW2 should be interesting in that respect, getting a chance to DPS for a change! I was main raid healer for my guild in WoW (Resto Shammy), and was a healer in WAR (Warrior Priest), DDO (Cleric) and AoC (Bear Shammy - this was an all-round excellent idea for a healer, and so fun).

I live in the UK (my name should perhaps give some idea roughly where), and I love talking bollocks with people on voice comms.

I'm going to split my time between PvE and WvW, but I see WvW being the place I spend most of my time over the coming months. My main will probably be a D/D Ele (loved running circles around people in the BWEs).

Timofee, expect a whisper from me as soon as you post your in-game name up
    Squidguts - PS2

Thunderfire/vitae/shield/blast - GW2

Obscure Node
    Hello everyone!

Me being super-duper tired at the moment, I will keep this short:

I am planning to join the RPS Guild because Im looking for a laid back group of nice people to spend time with in GW2. I plan to dip my toes into all the aspects, but will probably be starting with exploring the world and go for THE 100% completion
    I will start with an asura elementalist, because what else

I am long time reader of RPS (probably longer than most on here... ) but didn't dabble in the community so far much

See you on Saturday (after helping friends move, and fulfilling social obligations for the day...) !
    *Falls off chair*

Network Hub
    Hello! I've been around RPS a while, recently was part of the RPS Tribes:Ascend team for the LT tourney. I played WoW back in the day, played EQ WAY back in the day, super excited for GW2. I'm US-based, but I'll give the EU server a shot when everything kicks off (if I could play an FPS competitively on EU servers, I should probably be in the clear for playing an MMO casually, assuming their infrastructure and netcode is good). No idea what class I'll be playing; I like control and support generally (I was a healer in WoW, and only didn't tank because tanking required a rotation like DPS. That and the pain of leveling another character purely for the sake of using them in endgame), so I'll be looking at guardian and Engineer from what I've seen most likely. I like PvE but if I'm going to get even remotely serious about anything in GW2 it will probably be PvP, where coordination seems to matter much more. I'll be all over any guild events that I can be on for, particularly sPvP, RvR, and exploring new areas in the world (especially without the aid of guides or of people who have done it before). I also have a mic so I'll be on mumble whenever I'm playing with the guild.

Obscure Node
    Heya, I've been following the GW2 guild setup with interest but been too lazy to post before! Former hardcore raider in wow but never tried the original. May know a few of you from the London pub nights. Still not sure if I'll be sticking around for the long term, my gaming time is limited by work and I REALLY don't want to get readdicted, but will definitely be around a fair bit at the start and this seems a good place for it! Human Thief, because I was a Rogue previously and I still like to stab things in the back then run away derangedly laughing before becoming invisible...

And in the game.

Hi all,

I am Drayk, obviously.

I'll be playing GW2, starting in october. I am a former WOW, AION, TOR, Warhammer, Rift, Dofus, Ragnarok, AoC player. Wow being the only one I invested heavily in. I played a bit of the first guild wars too.

I like both PVE and PVP but I am better in PVE. I'll probably play an Asura Mesmer, which seems both tricky and interesting to play. (Or A Norn guardian if I get crushed by playing to offensively... I tend to rush in the heat of battle too much).

I'll try not to reroll, and will probably play at my own pace. English isn't my first language, so I might be slow to answer and have some trouble when too many people speak english at the same time on skype...

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Please don't do that. It is called kidnapping and it is WRONG.
    Kidnapping get such a bad press. I blame Hollywood

Obscure Node
    Hey all,

Long time lurker first time poster (I post in the comments occasionally).
    I've been reading RPS since about 2008 though I've been pretty inactive in the community itself, now is as good a time to start socializing as any.

I played WoW for about 2.5 years since it's release (I was Mort on The Venture Co. if that means anything to anyone) and FFXI before that. I have not had a chance to play the original GW but I did play through all the BWEs for GW2, and damn it's looking good.

I will probably be playing an asura elementalist, and I have no idea how deep my involvement with the game will be (I'm in university right now so it really depends on how my studies interrupt me).

See you all in game.

Activated Node
    Hey all, didn't realize we got our own subforum :x

Been waitin for GW2 since it was first announced in PC gamer. Planning on rolling a sylvari thief tonight once the headstart finally starts. I'm a bit on the young side (17) but disrespectful is the last thing I am. If yr at all interested in exploring, questing, or anything else, feel free to message me in game!