Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Hi! We have at least one other Gandara native in the guild, and of course you'll still be able to guest over for everything except WvW. Invite sent!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Hi! We have at least one other Gandara native in the guild, and of course you'll still be able to guest over for everything except WvW. Invite sent!
    Excellent! I do love guesting. So much. Thank you~ I'll accept next time I hop online ^^

Obscure Node
    Hi there,

I'm interested in joining your guild. I don't normally play MMOs. Played some vanilla WOW, and have recently gotten into GW2, and I'm loving it. Problem is I'm having trouble finding people to play with. I'm a very casual player. I like all facets of the game, and I'd like to get into PvP more. But mostly I just want some like-minded people to run around with. I'm 35, live in Seattle. I've been reading RPS for awhile, but just barely registered. If you have room in the guild, or room opens up, let me know and I'll switch servers. Thanks

Hi xenophone,

We have plenty of room in the guild and would be happy to have you. We're on Gunnar's Hold (EU) -- if you post or PM your account name one of us will throw you an invite!

I'll second the welcome(s). You'll fit right in, we've got all kinds of players in the guild (regarding both age and playing habits) and if I had to make a guess I would say you'll have little trouble finding company.

Obscure Node
    Hi, recently bought Guild Wars 2 and started an Engineer. I've played plenty of MMO's before and always played Support classes or thieves/rogues. I may have met some of you in Planetside giraffes group so the obvious choice of server when starting GW2 was GH with the hope of making myself useful in a support role.
    I'm still VERY new to the game however, so if there's a minimum level to join, let me know...
    in-game name is handyjim.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimea View Post
    Hi, recently bought Guild Wars 2 and started an Engineer. I've played plenty of MMO's before and always played Support classes or thieves/rogues. I may have met some of you in Planetside giraffes group so the obvious choice of server when starting GW2 was GH with the hope of making myself useful in a support role.
    I'll have to tell you one thing now before you have been tainted, PvE-wise: Engineers are a great support class and really pull up a mediocre party's performance, but you need to run a DPS build for it. For specifics, check out the build I posted in the engineer thread a while back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    of course you may want to play WvW, which is a completely different kettle of fish.

incidentally, our entry requirements are very high, you need to post your account name here. e.g. hawksbane.2783
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Obscure Node
    Ahh it's Account name not in-game name that's needed. Mine is Dansak.1250
    I'll take a look at that Engineer thread thank Malawi. It may not mean much just yet, but I'm sure it will as I get more into the game

I think you can invite people with the character name -- I invited someone called handyjim earlier, I hope it was you!

you can, but it can also bring up the wrong person

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    yeah, I tried to follow some nice guy called Duke With a Heart and tagged some chap instead called Kress or Crapper, something like that. Crazy fool took us for a ridiculous journey round bits of Tyria dressed in spandex. I've never been so shocked in my life.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Obscure Node
    Greetings
    Long time reader of RPS here but obviously only recently registered.
    I've had a rocking past (pun intended) with Guild Wars 2, quite liking the game but my friends had different opinions. Played with one for a month, then with my other for a month, constantly switching servers when it didn't cost so much... Until it started costing too much. Considering guesting doesn't work cross atlantic I got stuck on an US server and pretty much just gave up as I couldn't get on an EU one to have playbuddies in a similar timezone and didn't feel like grinding a week for the gems.
    Stuff has changed though! They lowered serverchange prices for a short time thankfully and accidentally I just saw the post about playing with RPS and am thinking of joining you lot. I wanted to see if I'd be welcome, as I only need to gather like 100 more gems to switch over to Gunnars Hold.
    As for myself, I am a very casual but serious player. I might play for a few days straight and then leave it be for two weeks. I am communicative though (Just look at how much I am blabbering already ew), and friendly and I don't bite. I like getting into the game, taking in the lore, talking about stuff etc. I don't mind getting into the different aspects of the game as long as I have friendly people to play with really.
    Guild Wars 2 was the only mmo to hold me for longer and I'd like to get back into it. So yeah, how about it?
    Edit: Oh yeah right my username there is Tempest.3624 if yah wanna add me.

has Duke been on a recruitment drive again?

Mikhail, you sound almost perfect, you may to drop the serious bit though as being serious isn't one of our strongest attributes.
    Anyway, me or someone else will drop you an invite when they get online.

Obscure Node
    Okay finally got the gems, I switched over to gunnars hold ^^
    Last edited by MikhailG; 14-10-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I'm very serious.

hello i am cheeky most of you who play WvW will know me and i'm sick of having conversation in guild chat with myself so i thought this would be a good place for me. cheekychap.9637

Hey cheeky! You're very welcome, I've sent you an invite. A real WvW celebrity, sweet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Hey cheeky! You're very welcome, I've sent you an invite. A real WvW celebrity, sweet.
    Hahahh, celebrity... Welcome cheekster
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychap View Post
    hello i am cheeky most of you who play WvW will know me and i'm sick of having conversation in guild chat with myself so i thought this would be a good place for me. cheekychap.9637
    You'll fit right in mate, welcome!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.