Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Hi all,

I've been reading RPS for a while now but I've not really been involved with the community before. I have been following the GW2 threads in here this week and it seems like the GW2 guild will have a nice casual and relaxed atmosphere which is just what I'm looking for.

I didn't play much of the original GW but have been looking forward to the release of GW2 for a while. Other MMOs I've played include EQ2, WoW and Lotro which I still play occasionally.

I'll hopefully see some of you on Saturday.

BTW... I am weak I just bought the game on Amazon You'll see me sooner than expected.

Obscure Node
    Hi, I'm Guarm. I read RPS on a regular basis but haven't participated in the community before.

I've played a few MMOs in the past, Planetside, Age of Conan and EVE. I'm really looking forward to Guild Wars 2 and hoping to enjoy the game at a relaxed and casual pace (though I'm sure I'll soon get sucked into the PvP to the detriment of my game/life balance).

Hope I'll see you tomorrow!

P.S. Does anyone know if my beta client will work (I've kept it up-to-date) or if I need to download the whole thing again?

Quote Originally Posted by Guarm View Post
    P.S. Does anyone know if my beta client will work (I've kept it up-to-date) or if I need to download the whole thing again?
    Hi, the beta client should work, no need to reinstall.
    No stone left unturned. No tree left unpruned.

Obscure Node
    Hi everyone. I'm another one of these long time lurkers you sometimes hear about. Been playing WoW since TBC and looking for something new. Other than WoW, I enjoy all kinds of games, but usually gravitate towards cooperative multiplayer stuff.

Being a responsible (*unconvincing cough*) college student, I currently have too much time on my hands, which I'll mostly dump into sPvP, exploring, and collecting silly armor sets. At least that's the plan. I'm also a terrible, obsessive-compulsive completionist, but not an altoholic. More like a mainoholic. I tend to get really attached to my main character. Which, as of right now, will probably be a Sylvari Elementalist, but knowing myself, I'll probably change my mind in the last minute.

Looking forward to seeing you all in game!
    Last edited by algolicious; 24-08-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Yeah just make sure you've run GW in the last day, as there was another update. Anet confirmed same client is good to go.

oh hai btw

I'll be playing an Asura Mesmer called Thrazz.

hi I'm Hawksbane and I have a wealth of RPG experience from Jet Set Willy 2 through to Monkey Island 1 and I've even played Neverwinter Nights; bit light on the MMO experience though.
    Liked the idea of GW1 but never got around to playing it, so I've been teaching myself the ropes with the beta's on GW2. I only discovered RPS whilst trying to find a shotgun seller on google the other week and have since been addictively reading the posts on this forum.

I haven't yet decided whether to join the guild or not (assuming you invite me of course) or to create my own; or both; or just to completely go it alone. But I do know what my character will be, with absolute certainty, probably.

(OK loose definition of RPG I know, but I had to shoehorn the joke in somehow; and most of you will probably have never heard of them anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by sendmark View Post
    Yeah just make sure you've run GW in the last day, as there was another update. Anet confirmed same client is good to go.
    I've been running it with
    Code:
    every few hours.

Obscure Node
    Hello all, I've been posting on the main site for a while but this is my first foray into the forums. Please tell me I'm not the only one who periodically goes over to the GW2 site in case I'm suddenly able to move the timer forward by the power of my mind.

During the beta I experimented with an Asura Engineer, Sylvari Guardian, Human Thief, Charr Ranger and Norn Mesmer and I still can't make up my mind.

Hey everyone,

I'm Aithael, yet another lurker coming out of the woodwork in the hope of good times in GW2. I used to play WoW and dabbled in a fair few MMOGs after I unsubbed in Cata, but never got that bug again... but I suspect this is the game to suck me back in, whoo! I've had plenty of sleep, fridge is full of supplies, flat is clean and my alarm is set for 4.30am. Only thing left to do is dust off my head set and work out how to use Mumble so I can join you all at 5am with my chipper early morning voice.

I'll probably be playing a Norn Ranger as my main and my goals are to explore everything (especially jumping puzzles), and take part in some epic WvW - and hopefully, someday, become less sucky at PvP

I can't get my mic to work so I am lurk on mumble but will be unable to speak.

Can't wait for the morning now.

'Nother long time lurker.
    Hoping gw2 cures my 9 year long Eve Online problem (and it very much is a problem). Very high hopes for this and very excited.
    No stranger to mmo's, starting out with EQ 'back in the day', journeying through all the biggies, loving and loathing them all in equal measure.

Cheers,

Obscure Node
    Hi I'm Simian, Never played GW1 but have played a lot of other MMO's, WoW for year, Planetside, Lotro, Lineage 2, Sw:tor, Warhammer online....to name a few (actually thats all)

I missed pretty much all the beta trying it out for 1 day only but loved it.

looking forwards to joining up with you all....tomorrow!

Thanks

Simian

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Nalano here, pew pew maven, massive ego, formerly Nalano from

• WoW (Scarlet Crusade)
    • WAR (Phoenix Throne)
    • APB (LaRocha)
    • Rift (Sunrest)

and finally Shujen from AoC (Cimmeria).

Classes tend to fall under the Hunter/Ranger/Sniper motif, except WAR, because Chaos doesn't have Ranger motifs and friends don't let friends roll Order. In that case played an elven self-healing piranha, because fuck yeah.

Currently playing Sylvari pewpewpewpewtabpewpewpew.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Activated Node
    If any sylvari/players in the Grove wanna get together for some PvE, my account name is footlingsummers.7810

I'm yet another lurker coming out of the woodwork. Played a whole lot GW1, didn't get to play as much at the beta weekends as I'd like to have so I've not decided on my main yet, suspect it'll be a Sylvari mesmer but we'll see. Really looking forward to running around and exploring and maybe a little PvP here and there..

I will likely be joining with several friends. I don't know what my character's name will be yet, however.

Hi, my name is Owen (as you may have guessed), I'm Irish and that's about all I can think of off-hand.

I hope to see you fine folks in-game in ~5 hours. I'll probably be on mumble from about 4:45 (if that's ok of course) to share my account with ye and do some adventuring.

Hello! My name is neither Betty nor Martin but there you go. I come from an MMO history that basically was WoW but had a brief dalliance with Eve and a secret trist with SwTor.

As you can see from my post count, I'm throwing my hat in with all the other woodwork dwellers to say hi and looking forward to seeing you all in game in JUST A FEW HOURS!!1! (Yes, I did that lame exclamation mark number one joke thing and I'm not going to apologise for it.)

(So there.)

Ello all! Chromatism here.

Yep, another lurker coming out of the woodwork. Thoroughly looking forward to getting into this! I've a... 'history' with WoW both sworded and two faced. I couldn't stand its previous grindey incarnation which has successfully managed to turn me off the vast majority of MMOs - the exception to that formula being Planetside, anyone? However it found redemption when I began to play with my significant other. It was this glorious moment when I realised that the journey is made by the people with whom you interact.

I was just slightly slow on the uptake with what that little scamp known as 'Social Gaming' was up to... the tyke!

Anyway I'm looking forward to meeting some new people, taking my time to soak in the experience and enjoying some fantastic comraderie and team play in PvP/WvWvW (When did the community 'dub' this Dub V Dub? Is World V World any more difficult to say? Really?!)

I'll probably be playing either a Sylvari elementalist or an Asura thief... I've not yet fully decided. I could quite easily hurl myself into some Nordic Norn shenanigans.

Only a few hours to go chaps. I fear not this night, but that doesn't help my patience. Onwards! In the name of our ursine lord!
    Last edited by Chromatism; 25-08-2012 at 01:57 AM.