Results 1 to 15 of 15
Thread: Patch 1082
22-08-2012, 12:02 PM #1
We already had patch notes linked in the all-inclusive thread, but I thought we could try to organize things a bit more. The servers are currently down for 1082's implementation, and notes are quoted below.
- A new gametype, CTF Blitz, has been introduced. In Blitz, the enemy flag base moves location each time your team scores, changing routes and requiring varied tactics to win.CTF Blitz is initially played on Arx Novena, Katabatic and Drydock.
- New Technician Weapons and Skin have been added (see below).
- New CTF Maps have been added to the Quick Play Rotation (Dangerous Crossing and Permafrost)
- Classic Tribes 2 voice packs are now available, using the original Tribes 2 voices:
5 male voice packs:
5 female voice packs:
3 BioDerm voice packs
- Custom servers can now be configured/purchased in the N. America - Central region, with servers located in Dallas, TX. Note that this region is for Custom Servers only and does not apply to Quick Play matches.
- Improved language support for German and French.
- Added 3 new items for Technician:
New Primary: The TC24 can fire four short-range explosive projectiles before having to relod.
New Belt Item: The Repair Kit will automatically repair any damaged structures or targets around it.
New Pack: The EXR Turret has a longer range than the Light Turret and fires a small explosive rocket. It deals less focused damage than the Light Turret, but makes up for it with flexibility.
- Reduced reload time on Brutes Gladiator by 7%.
- Increased damage on Pathfinder’s Light Twinfusor by 12%.
- Increased damage on Soldier’s Twinfusor by 7%.
- Increased damage on Juggernaut’s Heavy Twinfusor by 10%.
- Increased projectile size on Sentinel’s Nova Blaster and Nova Blaster MX.
- More than tripled the activation range of the Rage Perk.
- Increased mass reduction on the Rage perk to 20%.
- Animations in the main menu have been shortened, making for faster menu navigation.
- Various cleanups and fixes to existing maps.
- Fixed a bug where deployable sensors, such as the Sentinel's Drop Jammer, could permanently affect players.
- Fixed an issue where a mastered Safe Fall perk was resetting the health regen time even though the player took no falling damage.
- Fixed an issue where deployables were not deploying properly on certain surfaces, such as the threshold between the ramp and interior of the Sunstar temple.
- Fixed issues where overlay effects on the Mercenary Sentinel skin could cause a flashing side-effect.
- Fixed an issue where shotguns would not properly perform a passive reload and therefore could cause odd behavior when the player shot subsequent rounds.
- Fixed a bug in which the “Screen Crack” setting would not store properly server-side.
- Fixed a bug in which featured news ticker items would show under the “Watch Now” menu.
- A new settings option has been added to enable Alienware FX. For Alienware machines, colors will change on the hardware based on your health status. Be sure you have the latest Alienware drivers.
- Non-Steam users may add the option “-steam” under “Optional game command line parameters” in order to access Steam-related features, such as use of the Steam wallet (note: You must be logged into Steam prior to launching the game for this feature to work).
- Fixed a bug with health multipliers on custom servers.
- Implemented several cleanups and fixes to the clan tag functionality.
Last edited by deadly.by.design; 22-08-2012 at 12:05 PM.
22-08-2012, 01:16 PM #2
22-08-2012, 01:40 PM #3
If you can stick it on a Beowulf it'll be my new BFF.
22-08-2012, 02:16 PM #4
The new menu animations are definitely faster. CTF Blitz seemed kind of neat for the brief time I tried it on Arx. The new TCN skin looks like Iron Man with a Master Chief helmet. The TC24 primary costs 88k and the Repair Kit is 42k, but I forgot to check on the missile turret.
The new voice packs are supposed to be 160g, with the Bioderm one being about twice that.
Here's some patch input from a reddit thread:
EXR 380 damage on people, didn't have a chance to try it on vehicles.
Plasma zat minimum splash 160ish and direct hit 387 on people, totaling at 1548 damage per clip if you land it all. 556 damage on vehicles/turrets unupgraded.
Repair thingies repair a grav cycle from 100 to 1400 in around 15 seconds and don't seem to have a limited capability of doing so - did three runs and it's still there. Can be destroyed by enemies.
Last edited by deadly.by.design; 22-08-2012 at 02:19 PM.
22-08-2012, 08:04 PM #5
I played two rounds of CTF Blitz on Drydock and Arx. While my team was bad enough to get steamrolled twice, I found the mode pretty interesting. The changes on Arx are pretty minute, but they seem to be enough to encourage teamwork for capping. (rather than relying on whichever pathfinder can best replicate the route he saw on youtube) I'm not hating on PTHs, but it sure is nice to see some variety in the scoring process.
22-08-2012, 11:50 PM #6
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
Just played a couple rounds of blitz - love it! I played tcn on kata for the last flag location only(joined late, total D stack fest). Crossfire - I played tcn for half and capper for half - capping was fun, the new flag locations made me have to think a little quickly on my feet but not so much as they still allow good side to sides.
New tech gear:
I rarely play tcn except in C&H. I used to play almost exclusively tcn until level 14 or so.
New gun: Pretty fun. decent sized hitbox but the arc of fire is weird and the range is terrible(most of my shots blew up before their intended targets). impulse kinda crappy but for the health, not bad I guess.
turrets: got about 10 kills off of just placing one in gen and one near the indoor flag in Kata. Didn't pay enough attention to them(not used to having deployables)
auto-repair thingies: Great for people who hate repairing(me). sadly, they aren't sticky, they just kind of fall wherever(tried and failed to stick to rear of gen, etc). but good to toss two near gen and take out the attackers while it repairs on its own, then toss a turret to help clean up.
SCUM set up the server for friday as blitz(and for tomorrow)
sorry for the terrible writing, trying to get it in before dinner.
23-08-2012, 11:33 AM #7
23-08-2012, 01:38 PM #8
23-08-2012, 08:26 AM #9
I played four rounds of Blitz yesterday. I can see it'd be great fun for cappers but on defense it felt very spammy, especially when the flag would spawn inside (particularly the warehouse on Drydock) or next to a wall. Might just be while players get used to the new mode but for the time being I prefer vanilla CTF.
I have enough XP for two of the TCN weapons and am completely paralyzed as to which to buy. I'll probably get the turret and repair thing, I doubt any weapon can be better than the thumper for a defense TCN.
23-08-2012, 09:25 AM #10
Played a few rounds on Blitz as HoF and defense and absolutely hate it. They managed to create a new mode that relies even less on teamwork and even more on "everyboy get to their base and spam the fuck out of the enemy team while the cappers do their thing".
23-08-2012, 10:39 AM #11
x.x The new patch is nice and blitz has potential for a great game mode. Most people just need to adapt to it and figure it out.
The main problem I have is, and it happens always with patches like this, the TCN stack. As I try to become better with infiltrator it is frustrating to have turrets all over the place. I am not talking about 4-6 turrets, those I can handle, but 20+...... You can't even decloack for a second or your shot to pieces.
I think ?I'll stick to JUG for now and return to INF after the TCN madness is down to rest.
23-08-2012, 02:20 PM #12
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
So let's recap: Ever since the Thumper was added, people argued whether Techs are OP or not. One of the strongest arguments against them being OP was that they lacked a secondary finisher, as it had to be occupied by Imroved Repair Tool(Otherwise why are you playing a Tech in the first place).
And now HiRez makes it so they can have both Primary, Secondary AND ability to repair... while not even being there.
Oh yeah and let's give them the Plasma too while we're at it.
23-08-2012, 02:27 PM #13
Mohorovic just earned the tribes troll badge!CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS
23-08-2012, 03:13 PM #14
My response to all of the TCN complaints:
Let's give it a week. At least half of the problems we're talking about will likely normalize, because people will have unlocked, upgraded and stopped using them.
Honestly, my problem with the TC24 is getting used to (being attacked by) its fire rate. At least while playing a heavy, the projectile rhythm is really throwing me off, and I feel like I'm under constant barrage. It's not even a fast weapon, but Thumpers & SMGs are more predictable. Meh.
I'll probably unlock the repair kit & TCN shotty. I've been saying that for two days, but I have almost enough XP to do so today.
Last edited by deadly.by.design; 23-08-2012 at 03:15 PM.
23-08-2012, 06:12 PM #15
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
I will play around more trying to stick them around. I find it hard to play as tech when 8 other people on the team already are. Also, I am a pretty crappy tech in general.
I would suggest if you just get two, skip the primary, it is eh.
For Blitz, maybe I love it because it is fun to cap. I think teamwork plays a big part. Sure there is a lot of D stacking/spamming but I still find it fun.