Thread: Nokia N95 8GB

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Nokia N95 8GB

Hei fellow gamers,i just got this mobile phone today and first thing i did was to try and get Quake 2 running on it. If anyone have any experience why it won't launch at all,it should go black screen for 30 seconds then work normally bt for me it doesn't even launch. I have all original stuff for game and i followed this instructions.

http://<a href="http://koti.mbnet.fi...ation.html</a>

I used to have one of those! :D Good camera in it. Trying to get Quake 2 working on it is pretty pointless though. Sure it's impressive that it can run it, but it's not exacly playable with the phone's controls.

I just want to see quake 2 running on phone lol xD What about some other old pc classics,which ones can be played on this phone ?

No idea. I only tried a few games I bought though the Nokia store, but I wasn't very impressed with the controls. It's really not suited for any more complex gaming than Snake.

What about this,i downloaded Nokia Sofwtare updater and latest version i need to download is "35.0.01",now the updater say i already have the latest one which is 20.0.0.. O.O And i can't download the newest one,i don't know what to do,this phone is like rocket science for me haha :D

Oh i just spend whole hour and i figured out that i need to debrand phone,i did that now i installed latest firmare which is 35.0...something,and now quake can work,and all others SNES,NES,GB,N64 games..woot woot.

Thanks for cooperation :c