- Bringing forth The Nuclear Age(Take it or leave it, it's really all turned out for the best. At least so far.)
- The original NASA, and not the bureaucratic cock-up that it is now.
- Franklin and Teddy Roosevelt.
- William Tecumseh Sherman.
- New Jersey.
- And a whole lot more crap that really makes me hate this country and wish I had the money, skills, and ability to understand a foreign language so I could get far away from here.
Makes you proud to be British!
ARPS unofficial motto - And then we leave. No heroic stands.
I'm not sure there's really something I'm particularly proud of. If there's anything I'd have to choose I'll join Cryptoshrimp in praising the efforts of men and women past and present to keep the western and northern half of the Low Countries dry - with the creation of Flevoland being the crowning achievement. That is at least something particular to these regions.
I'm proud of... um... actually nationalism isn't really Australian. Maybe... kangaroos? No, wait, they're pests. Um... being a Western nation in the Eastern hemisphere? Being a really big island? Vegemite? Huh, maybe nothing.
Unless you're a bogan. Then you're proud of the southern cross, because according to them, we own that. Also wars, because WARS ARE AWESOME BRAH.
I would put up "Being more tolerant of different opinions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, religion, etc. etc. etc then every other damn country in the world", but this has changed over the last 10 years.
Oh, and the water. Very very much all the stuff we do with land and water. And dikes. It has been one of the reasons I am studying that at university.
Last edited by Grizzly; 26-08-2012 at 09:01 AM.