Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Novus Eternum

Activated Node

Novus Eternum

I saw some interest in other threads of getting another new game started. I think I can handle running another express your interest here if you want in. I don't feel experienced enough to do anything too fancy here just yet so it will be a regular game, normal length, with expansion content and infernal census. But I am not hard set on that so we can change it if there is a strong consensus.

so:
    Map size, normal
    map type achron's locks
    game length normal
    expansion: yes
    infernal census: yes

Also, this was supposed to be novus infernum (new hell) not quite sure about "New Eternitity" but whatever we can roll with it.

Edit 1/22/2014:
    Yea! And there was much rejocing, a full infernal conclave has gathered. PM me e-mails please so we can get drop box folders up and joined.

The cast:
    StudentEternal (Hosting)
    Subprogram32
    squiz
    baboonanza
    lowkey
    Battle programer spike
    Last edited by studenteternal; 23-01-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Activated Node
    I am interested! :D I have never played before but still.
    Last edited by subprogram32; 15-01-2014 at 04:59 PM.

I am interested if there aren't any other new players that would like to take a spot. Check some of the other threads for inspirations concerning the map parameters. Usually it's a good idea to exclude Lake of Flame from the map selection since it contains a very overpowered Place of Power (with +1 order slot bonus). Lengthy games on large maps tend to get out of hand as well with everyone bunkering in.

Activated Node
    I figure we will leave enrollment open at least through the weekend, nothing really of note to add. Just letting you guys know I am still keeping an eye on the thread. :)

Activated Node
    Good to know! :)

Network Hub
    I'll join in. I'm enjoying getting back into this now.

Activated Node
    Excellent I look forward to subjugating your minions and grinding your throne to dust :) (I am actually not terriably good at this game so I find its important to get my gloating in early)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Put me down as a filler if you dont get two more in time

Activated Node
    I think we can play with 5, if there are no objections I will go ahead and get the game started when I get home tonight. if you haven't already please PM me a good e-mail address for you so I can invite you to the game's dropbox folder.

Wait. I have a friend that wanted to get back. I'll tell him and see if he wants to join you.

Count me in, I'm that guy Tikey mentioned above.

Have the invites been sent yet? I can't see any notification on my dropbox account.

Activated Node
    I pm'd email earlier today, I hope that did not delay it.

Activated Node
    Sorry for the delay, work is a thing that happens apparently. Still I should be able to keep up with at least a turn a day, you should all have invites to the dropbox folder with your invite files. Except for you battleprogramer, becuase I don't have a PM with your e-mail. :)

Uploaded my avatar. student, maybe you could create a couple of extra folders in the existing dropbox folder. It's always useful to have a) an archive and (maybe placed inside that one) b) an invite folder, so if anything goes wrong, people can easily go back and load the last functioning save.

Activated Node
    Uploaded turn file!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Uploaded my avatar. student, maybe you could create a couple of extra folders in the existing dropbox folder. It's always useful to have a) an archive and (maybe placed inside that one) b) an invite folder, so if anything goes wrong, people can easily go back and load the last functioning save.
    Can't you get all of the past revisions from DropBox anyway?

My Avatar is in. Just waiting on battleprogrammer.

Activated Node
    Should we delete turn files after they have been processed or do they self-replace?

Quote Originally Posted by subprogram32 View Post
    Should we delete turn files after they have been processed or do they self-replace?
    In my opinion you're looking at a management hell if you do that. It'll be annoying to see if all the new turns are up and if they're the correct ones.

Usually the person hosting the game deletes the files from dropbox (better: moves to archive). If you fancy having a look at past turns, you can always download the archive folder.