Obscure Node

Comment Account password

How exactly do I change my password for the blog comments?
    I've been hunting for it for days, and it doesn't seem to exist?

Yeah, it's kind of hard to find: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/wp-admin/profile.php

Obscure Node
    wait.. where exactly is the link to that? XD

I don't think there's a link to that anywhere but in this thread? (btw, thanks for making this thread!) Also, I can't find a log-out button for the life of me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Probably should sticky this somewhere -- there's another thread here with me asking the same thing months ago ;)
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Obscure Node
    Okay, so I hope I'm not ruining my reputation right off the bat by semi-hijacking another post (and I apologize in advance if so), but apparently I can't start new topics (not too sure why, I've verified my forum account; do I need to reach a certain number of posts or something?) and this post seems closest to what I need.

I registered a comment account a while ago, but was never able to verify my e-mail/login because apparently endjunk no longer works. I would like to login and verify, but the password I would have provided does not appear to be working on that account; I can't reset my password because the e-mail address I entered no longer works; and I can't reset my e-mail address because I can't login. Short of just registering a new account under a different name, is there anything I can do (or any way I can reach out to admin) to recover the account?

Thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    @ Toynbee

As an anti spam measure you need 10 posts before you can start posting topics. Afraid I don't know the answer to your problem but hopefully someone else can help.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    @ Toynbee

As an anti spam measure you need 10 posts before you can start posting topics. Afraid I don't know the answer to your problem but hopefully someone else can help.
    Thank you for the info - that certainly does explain it (and Temske's post helps, too ;-)).

As for the second part of your message.. I hope so, too! *crosses fingers*