Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gonna have a good few games tonight if you'd like to join. Feel free to add me!
    Last edited by Al Jolson; 24-09-2012 at 10:11 PM.

There are at least three or four full games a day at the moment, message me (hexagonalbolts), Bilbo or anybody on the steam group to find out if anything's going on

Network Hub
    Does anyone have any ideas how we can improve the group?

I've recently picked up Dota 2 and have been trying to scale the legendary barrier to entry, with varying degrees of success. I played LoL a tiny bit some time ago, so the concepts were familiar, but secret shops, couriers, and being utterly owned in less than 5 seconds by enemy heroes have all taken some time to adjust to.

I'm now in a position where I think I understand the game, I just need to get good at it (I think this is called "Conscious incompetence...) but can safely say that I think it's brilliant.

I'd love to join you gents for a game or two sometime - Mondays and Thursdays are normally good days for me so I might jump on the mumble / steam group next time I'm around and see what's going on - is that the best strategy?

I've been playing Drow, Lich, Crystal Maiden, and Anti-mage so far. Drow is far and away my favourite to play at the moment, and I'm kind of getting the hang of last-hitting with her and doing the orb-walking/animation cancel/frost arrow pursuit thing. It is not what I would call *reliably* successful... but I'm having fun.

Network Hub
    Welcome BoB. Join us, we play quite regularly and in an atmosphere of brotherly love seeking to being peace to the world. Also, we get owned all the time so you'll feel right at home with us ^^
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Thanks to everyone for the intro to organised Dota the other day. It was amazing, and I learned more in those two matches than all my others put together. There's still some way to go though. I'll check in sometime whenever I get some precious gaming time, though since my free time at the moment is pretty scarce, I expect my progress will be somewhat slow. Ho hum!

Network Hub
    Anyone interested in joining the group I've got a spare DOTA 2 key just PM me

**EDIT now 2 spare keys
    Last edited by Bilbo1981; 25-10-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Obscure Node
    I've got a spare key too, I will rarely be on here but send me a message on steam

And another spare key here too.

How does one go about joining this electromoniacal gaming group? The Steam group appears to be invite only. I go by "Smingleigh" these days, and my Dota 2 experience consists of games against the tricksy computer.
    Fear me, for I am also Lord Custard Smingleigh... I just can't work out how to change names on this newfangled thing. Not a valve or a pressure dial in sight!

Network Hub
    Hi Daiv

You should be able to join again from the link on the front page. Something really weird happened the link even though it showed the correct address linked to the main RPS group. I haven't got a clue who did this or how so I've updated it. Weird!

Activated Node
    Hey guys. Complete noob here. Looking for a game where no-one will (hopefully) shout and curse me until the end of time for playing crap. Any chance I could join you for a match?
    Steam name: Blankenhorne

Obscure Node
    Orontes, here's a hint comming from someone like you: ignore them all and play for your own fun. I'm decided to do so. Even if my status it's not so encouraging: 4 or 5 games, 2 wins. Good luck

Network Hub
    Hi

Your best bet is to play with us we never shout at each other ever! Winning is basically a bonus :) Most of us don't take the game seriousley and I'm working full time so I will never get any good now! Just message me or anyone else in the group when you fancy a game.

Obscure Node
    That's awesome, I've played some HoN, but I'm awful at Dota 2.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpatrol View Post
    That's awesome, I've played some HoN, but I'm awful at Dota 2.
    I find that incredibly weird (unless you're also awful at HoN :P). Just curious, which part(s) of Dota are you having the most trouble with when coming from Hon? Is it just a knowledge problem, i.e. figuring out the heroes and items?

Bilbo, I'm also plagued by the curse of a full-time job.

Steam tells me that HexagonalBolts has played over 500 hours of Dota now, including 89.5 hours in the last two weeks alone.

Somehow I wonder about how loosely these spongers can stretch the "noob" description. That said, it's a blast to play with this group regardless of skill level, so I'd encourage even the newest of the new to join up and have a go.

I've just cleared 70 matches so have a ridiculously long way to go before I'd consider myself in the same league, but I'm finding that life has plenty of optional activities such as sleep which can happily make way for Dota.

Network Hub
    Hey Bees, sorry to hear that :)

Ive got like 250 hours now too scary as hell! Yea well the noob description is rather loose you know. Its more about the noob mentality as in not taking it too seriousley. Congrats on reaching 70 matches, the groups got very mixed skill levels no ones that good tho apart from Rifter but hes a nice guy so we can forgive him for that :)

I have 3 keys to give away by the way incase anyone wants to try it!

Obscure Node
    To me a noob is a person who despite much experience is still quite terrible due to ignorance. A newb however is a new player who will typically listen to everthing he is told and do whatever he can to make the team win.

Activated Node
    Joined the Steam group. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the in-game chat channel. Unless you are using the Rock, Paper, Shotgun channel instead.

I'm a complete newb but willing to jump right in. I've read tons of stuff and watched tons of stuff as well. I understand the basics. Just item recipes and choices I feel would be my weak points.