Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    So shadow binding doesn't block +5 melee but it blocks all named bonuses like ranged resist, skip melee, charge etc. Whether natural or paid for, essentially it peels back all named combat traits but doesn't effect the numbers.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I have a question about The Wheel of the Broken.
    It says it special ability is "Wall Ram: Melee damage against enemy Places of Power is doubled"
    Does it mean that it doubles the attribute when going against a pop or just that the damage done is double.
    For clarification
    Unit X against POP Z
    Unit X has 4 melee and POP Z has 3
    In combat the resolution is of 8 against 3 or is 4 against 3 and then the difference is doubled (which is how the siege engine works I think)

Once damage is delt say 4 vs 3=1 dmg that will be doubled (to 2). If you double damage twice its only triple FYI.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    So shadow binding doesn't block +5 melee but it blocks all named bonuses like ranged resist, skip melee, charge etc. Whether natural or paid for, essentially it peels back all named combat traits but doesn't effect the numbers.
    ahh damn!. I guess blocking named bonuses such as melee twice/first etc isnt bad! but was hoping it actually blocks all bonuses such as +5melee etc and perhaps combat cards too!

Then again it might be a little too uber if it did all that.

Hrmm so it would block skip infernal or such on combat cards too would be good though i guess!

Although it says it counts as deceit ritual for targeting and power purposes though so might have a hard time getting it to work on starting legions :(

Activated Node
    Hmm just still a bit more confusion with shadow binding ritual.
    The wiki said special abilities same as you confirmed.

although the official patch notes or whatnot word it quite differently.

Official patch notes :
    Shadow Binding Ritual
    Select a legion controlled by any opponent regardless of diplomatic stance (perforned as a deceit ritual) and if the challenge roll is successful, temporarily remove all special abilities and attachment bonuses for a set number of turns.

the official patch notes seem to suggest that *all* special abilities and attachment bonuses are removed if successful which would make me think +5 melee etc are also removed. The wiki page words it differently though so hrmm!

Just wondering if you have you tested this one out? Sorry to be a pain in the ass but it would be quite much better if it removed all attachment bonuses than rathetr just special abilities! Might have to try to test this one out in an ai game somehow.

oh i have another funny one also! Not sure if anybodfy has tried this one or not but i saw the possibility in my first mp game.
    So I already know that if you play the infernal promotion event (black ring) on one of the units with upkeep (say the gorgons or sons of typhon etc) that not only does it give bonuses it also removes their upkeep requirement which i guess converts them into a cool unit u dont have to keep paying for.

soooooo. my question is has anybody tried playing the infernal promotion event card on "The Devourer" once you have summoned it?
    Theoretically if it worked it could be pretty awesome!. The devourer is a loyalty9 level 7 legion with nice stats but it has a really expensive upkeep! I'm still new so im not sure if when u summon the devourer you have to leave the statuettes in your ritual chamber or not once it is summoned. (if you dont have to leave them in there then great).

Theoretically if black ring worked properly on devourer you could have a legion that
    (a) Has nice stats, is level 7 loyalty9 (which would make it very resistant to deceit/destruct rituals), has 4 attachment slots and supposedly also does not count towards your command rating!
    (b) a unit that drains 2 prestige from everybody else every turn just by sitting there.

I'm thinking if it worked you would be really hated really quick in a 6 player mp game draining 2 prestige per turn from everybody just having devourer sitting around.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
    I'm thinking if it worked you would be really hated really quick in a 6 player mp game draining 2 prestige per turn from everybody just having devourer sitting around.
    That would require alot of fortune, but yes epic.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    That would require alot of fortune, but yes epic.
    Heh i'd like to try it see if it worked. Only 2 concerns would be that it doesnt work right or something because it's a summoned legion and that perhaps you couldnt take the statuettes out of your relic chamber without messing it up. Worth testing.
    Other game i'm in i had blackring card and used it on gorgons since someone else had devourer but gave me the idea.

Oh blackring gives +5 loyalty so a black ringed devourer would be level 7 loyalty 14. I guess basically immune to anything deceit based. ouch.

Network Hub
    How do you ask someone to be a blood vassal? or vice versa in this game? I don't see the option in any of my diplomatic screens

Network Hub
    The blood vassal has to petition you. You can't ask someone to become your vassal.

and there are several requisites. The vassal must have half the lord's prestige and cantons. Both must share a border. The vassal must have at least 1 prestige.

Network Hub
    is there a specific place in game to find that option? If it is eligible, does it appear as a diplomatic option?

It does appear under the diplomatic action options. It's in the same menu as making a demand or sending an emissary

Activated Node
    Ok i have a question regarding a certain combination or game mechanic.

So the cunning level 5 ritual "strategic deception" which hides your legions from everybody.
    That's pretty straightforward.

My question is more to do with the intellect ritual "infernal eye" which I guess is the counter to strategic deception.
    So apparently when you use the ritual eye ritual it should show you other player's units which are hidden by strategic deception.

My question is this.
    Does the infernal eye ritual have to make a challenge roll to successfully reveal the other player's hidden legions.
    More importantly what is this challenge roll conducted against?

For example.
    I am using strategic deception in a game and I have a deceit roll of +13.
    Somebody else is using the infernal eye ritual and let's say they have an intellect of 4.

sooooooo...
    does their infernal eye ritual roll at +4 vs my +13 deceit roll
    or does their infernal eye ritual roll vs my avatar which would have a roll of 0 (I dont have iron tower of mind or anything like that).
    I guess it's a fairly important question and i can't find this one explained or discussed anywhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I would hazard a guess that the challenge roll is per legion, modified by the legion's level. Try testing it in a hotseat game to see if all legions are revealed or only some.

Anyone know if the "Marked with Evil" trait applies to level rolls in combat?

"When making Challenge and Resistance Rolls, Legions under your control add a +2 modifier to their level."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Anyone know if the "Marked with Evil" trait applies to level rolls in combat?

"When making Challenge and Resistance Rolls, Legions under your control add a +2 modifier to their level."
    Excellent question, try testing in SP, not at pc ^_^

Battle advantage roll is level + d6 right? Looks like the trait does add to it.

Network Hub
    Question about the 'beast is loose' event...does it strike in any particular order? does it target the prestige leader first like the Angelic Host does? Or is it random?

Tip for new player. Even if you have 2 orders you still have six order slots. Don't be afraid to use them.
    Making something the last order can be quite useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Tip for new player. Even if you have 2 orders you still have six order slots. Don't be afraid to use them.
    Making something the last order can be quite useful.
    Especially when you know what your opponent is likely to do and you have a zinger lined up.