Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Great info Flatline!
    That stuff is hard to find.

Activated Node
    Yeah might look at submitting to wiki.
    Theres LOTS of undocumented stuff and little quirks i've found so far that are kind of undocumented anywhere and you don't really know whats going to happen until you try it.
    For instance some events work on the turn you play them with regards to turn order priority immediately while others do not.
    2 Examples.
    If you play targeted capricious wrath on someone when you have order priority it will gank one of their legions the same turn you play it before they have a chance to do anything with that legion.
    If you play the ritual ban event the same way it doesn't actually effect the player's rituals for the turn you play the event even with order priority (this one stuffed up a vendetta i just did as i expected it to cancel other guy's rituals on the turn i played it which it did not).

Re the training manual info. I actually found that info by trawling the cryptic comet forums (took ages) and it was straight from the horse's mouth (vic davis).

Another thing I have noticed is that internal affliction rolls for some reason seem buggy? Many times I have afflicted legions when i have had a huge destruction roll modifier and they have failed many times. Like a +12 modifier vs a level 4 legion and failing 4 times in a row........and the other guy did not have toughness or the black heart. Other friends also have noticed that afflictions seem to fail more than they should even with big roll modifier. Not sure if this is a legit bug or just a lot of bad luck but cunning rituals don't seem to have the same problem that we have noticed, they generally tend to be a lot more predictable with the right level roll.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Apparently holding on to an event card doesn't stop other people drawing the same one. I assumed it was like a deck.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Apparently holding on to an event card doesn't stop other people drawing the same one. I assumed it was like a deck.
    heh so can have 2 people with fissure at same time?
    Didn't know that one.

I've never seen two fissures in one game but I have been hit with an event I was holding in my hand.

Can tribute costs for durational rituals be paid in advance, like legion upkeep? Manual implies they can't but it isn't clear.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Can tribute costs for durational rituals be paid in advance, like legion upkeep? Manual implies they can't but it isn't clear.
    You cannot over pay rituals, sadly.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Reading around the web I found this little tidbit I didn't know of. I leave it here for the pleasure of those that didn't know already:

Players who are in good standing with the Infernal Conclave (i.e. not excommunicated) do lend combat support to each other against excommunicated players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Reading around the web I found this little tidbit I didn't know of. I leave it here for the pleasure of those that didn't know already:
    You can additionally assist pandemonium itself against invaders by standing by it.

Does rank have any influence in the quality of tribute?

On the first turn you draw more batches based on rank, thats all.

And there's the pair of events that give more tribute to people of low/high rank.

Two questions regarding events:
    First. Traitors everywhere:
    Play this event to prevent all players from using Combat Cards for 3 to 6 turns.
    When does it take effect. Next turn after using or during the following orders in the same turn it is used?

And the same for the Evil amplified event:
    Play this event to double the damage for the destruction rituals Infernal Affliction and Dire Dissipation for 3 to 6 turns.

Events are fussy, some are instant others happen after phase 6. generally speaking if it's an actual happening (like demanding tribute being banned) then it's phase 6, if it's a modifier (combat cards failing to function ) its instant.

Uhm, I'll guess I'll just have to... go to the lab!

Do you know when fissures open?

Fissures are definitely instant, so they open in your order slot, if you are first that means before everyone if you do it in slot 1, if you are last and do it in slot 6 its the last thing to happen in regular actions.

What happens if you orb of oblivion'd Panda?
    And if someone orb of obvlivions a pop with the monolith in it?

Also if a player puts the monolith in a pop and then is killed or the pop rebells against the player. Does that mean that the pop is impossible to take later?

Network Hub
    If you use the Orb on Pandamonium it is destroyed. The conclave will still be there (presumably relocated) but the actual PoP will be gone. This effectively makes it impossible for any other players to excommunicate themselves, apart from the Expel the Heretic event. If you hold both the orb and the writ of rescindment, it's entirely possible to force a pure prestige race upon everyone else. :-D

As for the monolith, you can't actually attack the PoP in question so you can't use the orb's powers on a PoP with the monolith in it. And I would assume an unowned PoP with the monolith would effectively be impossible to take yes...until you steal the monolith obv.

Do any of you know the cost for the hell sculpt ritual?