Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar

New video - Ghandi The Conquerer

I was going to take a longer break from these but it was bugging me that the last video I did was the worst Skyrim one yet. I'd hate to drop dead and have that be the last thing I uploaded.

Look out for a special cameo right at the end, one that I didn't even realise had happened before I joined everyone to play afterwards.

There will be peace in our timeit - http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...tside_2_video/

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nice work.

How long until the two of us have managed to use the entirity of Golden Age in a PS2 video?

(Which reminds me, really need to get one with my "StratGir" vid, was months ago that I started it. Anyone know if Shadowplay works on mobile yet?)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Wow. That song.

Nice video too!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Great sunderer placement.

Nice giraffe sundy, nice battlestar galactica drums (I don't know the real world) in the song. Nice images.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    nice battlestar galactica drums (I don't know the real world)
    Taiko drums, is the "real word" I believe. At least I think that's what they used for BSG.
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 11-12-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: typo
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Taiko drums, is the "real word" I believe. At least I think that's what they used for BSG.
    For me, they will forever be associated with sci-fi because of BSG. So they fit in PS2 videos.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Nice work.

How long until the two of us have managed to use the entirity of Golden Age in a PS2 video?

(Which reminds me, really need to get one with my "StratGir" vid, was months ago that I started it. Anyone know if Shadowplay works on mobile yet?)
    I'm amazed I had the restraint to only use two of them by now, to be honest.

As to shadowplay, it's better than I was expecting it to be but still not a viable alternative to FRAPS or DXtory. The performance hit is bigger and I'm not keen on working with the output either. The files are smaller, but other than that it's worse in every area.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Loved this. You always manage to grab the scale and the feel of the game so well. I really like the top-down shots too, they're pretty effective.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    The first thing this reminded me of was the 'harp' alarm tone i used to have on my old iPhone. But yeah, nice video! Was nice to see the giraffe Sunderer at the end, though the music seemed to cut off a wee bit too soon.

What do you plan to do during this break? If you're still on the "break from these"?
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Its more that I'm repeating myself I think. Backlight rejuvinated me a bit but this last one seemed a bit too familiar in places. If I'm going to do more, I need a valid reason other than some cool music (at least in that regard my cup runneth over. If the challenge was post an interesting song each week then I'd do that til I died).

Funny you asked though, as I've been toying with the idea of a small project which would need one person to help with. Only qualification needed is an ability to put up with me for a few hours and some infantry cosmetics to stand out. Anyone think they might be up for that sometime next week?

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Its more that I'm repeating myself I think. Backlight rejuvinated me a bit but this last one seemed a bit too familiar in places. If I'm going to do more, I need a valid reason other than some cool music (at least in that regard my cup runneth over. If the challenge was post an interesting song each week then I'd do that til I died).

Funny you asked though, as I've been toying with the idea of a small project which would need one person to help with. Only qualification needed is an ability to put up with me for a few hours and some infantry cosmetics to stand out. Anyone think they might be up for that sometime next week?
    Well, i do have some experience in that field, plus i've gone hideously excessive in the Cosmetics department too, so you can give me a shout if the last time didnt bore you enough already.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post

Id be up for helping with any projects man, you only have to give me a shout on one of the many contact formats, if only for support, though if its really only one man needed for every aspect, it looks like you have your man.

Additional support from one or two more wouldn't hurt but the core idea only requires one person to be in shot. Basically, I want to do something spontaneous and real like the other videos but with planned shots of a lone soldier in between. So you'd have them moving from point to point then actively participating in the battles, so those battles become a part of the narrative.

Ill be off work all week next week so between christmas rushing around you reckon you two will be up for it?

I will, sure. Sounds like a nice idea. Your observer cam skills will be tested to their limits to keep up with me though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Yep. Im sure between you, one of you can get hold of me if you need me and im not there. Nick can get hold of me if needs be.

Sounds fun.

Yeah, I'll probably need to rig a couple of enemy encounters, for the big stuff I'll be going natural but it would be cool to have an escape from a single mozzie or suchlike at some point.

if you require someone to pilot/drive, ping me, i have at least a passing familiarity with all vehicles in this game (I'm good with some of them, awful with others, but should be able to handle a filming session with any vehicle)