Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    JimReaper, VS, EU Beta 01

Never played Planetside before. Just got involved in an epic base defense....Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbobobo View Post
    Had a blast playing earlier today with some of the other RPS guys, saw massive Magrider tank columns, Galaxy's flying overhead and lots of infantry with rocket launchers. Manage to capture some of our battle on video.

http://youtu.be/j-3XDvJtX2U
    Yeah it was great! We tried a good bit of everything this evening. Shame we didn't get anything of the big push against that TR outpost - it ended with a swarm of about a dozen magriders.

I'm Acidburns, or maybe Acidburns01 on EU1. I have alts on other servers but I can't remember their names.

I'd recommend everyone to get onto the RPS mumble server as the in-game VOIP is a bit spotty.

Was playing as my TR chap tonight, and my oh my there were some insane battles going on around Allatum with the NC. Plus I finally managed to set up a Galaxy as a spawn point without it exploding immediately after!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Played yesterday on EU#1 with some people in the "Vikings" public squad. Peformance is still bad but it was fun.
    We trapped some NC in the small valley outpost which is surrounded by cliffs (forgot the name. edit it in if I remember) as a NC platoon was getting ready to roll out a tank column. Landed a galaxy on the hills, MAXes and HA blasted them from above as light assaults jumped downwards to take the base. We destroyed about 8 Vanguards and some Lightnings in the process.
    God that would be so much fun with more then 15 FPS

Obscure Node
    When are you guys on mostly? Need some vanu comrades

I'm only going to be on at weekends for a while as I'm working away from home, but think I saw a few people planning be on this coming Wednesday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    I mostly play on EU 2, name is DominicusOfSarth on the TR.

As a back-up I have Dominicus on EU 1 on the NC.
    Last edited by Dominicus; 03-09-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Obscure Node
    Acid, Rot, a pleasure flying with you last night. I'll try and work on my Lib piloting skills so you get a turn on the guns next time, Acid. : )

I got in too! karandraz on eu1 Vanu, would love to join you guys and gals, though at the moment I have no idea whats going on, But I quite fancy being a transport pilot, this can only bode well
    Where you can find some of my mischief: http://karandraz.wordpress.com/

TurquoiseTail EU Beta 01, hope people can add me as i am completely unfamiliar and noob to PS2

Obscure Node
    Glad to see there's more of us RPSers coming in...

I had a great days play on saturday with a few of us, though playing NC on EU 2, was my first blast of ps2 with teamwork and it makes it even better.

I also got into a large CKS - Gaming squad on sunday (NC EU 2 again EU1 was full) we had a Gal and halfs worth of troops (~15) moving round the map capping along the border getting into quite a few fights both large and small was bloody brilliant.

I've already booked wednessday off night with the missus, purple lasher noobs (VS) on EU1 should be great, make sure you've patched up before hand (that day) as it can take bloody ages sometimes...

Activated Node
    Do you guys expect the beta to go on till the end of the year?

Had a cracking hour or so last night with the NC chaps on EU1. It was the first time I've flown a Galaxy with a full compliment of gunners and it was absolutely epic, although we took quite a bit of flak from the VS scum occupying one of our outposts and nearly crashlanded in the desert. The fact that everybody trusted my piloting and chose not to bail out made it all the more satisfying
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Obscure Node
    Looks like another beta key giveaway coming up here:
    http://ign.com/prime/promo/planetside2

4th for Prime members, 7th for Regular members as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by motherpuncher View Post
    Do you guys expect the beta to go on till the end of the year?
    Yes. They're shooting for an end-of-the-year release dates and *really* want to make it, to the point where they're willing to cut a little bit of planned content to do it (sounds like there will be two continents at launch rather than three). Beta should go right up until release.

Other dudes: I'd also like to know some times. My EU1 character is essentially unplayed, as I already built up a West Coast character, but I am more than happy to do it whenever you guys are around if time zones ever sync up. Thanks to the brilliant build-certs-while-offline, I may not have any auraxium but it should at least have some certs.

WHY DO AMERICANS HATE PLANETSIDE

Activated Node
    Are people still up for a session tonight?

Obscure Node
    Hi all. Long-time lurker/commenter, first-time poster in the main forums.

RaveTurnedVS, VS (surprise!), EU Beta 01.

I have an NC and TR alt on the other servers, but I can't remember which is on which server at the moment.

Looking forward to fighting alongside you guys.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Norskov View Post
    Definitely!!!

I'll be on 8-8:30ish BST feel free to friend me as OvnoConSyQuence on VS EU1...

Don't worry too much if your early or late, as long as we're all on mumble it'l be easy enough to catch up....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Norskov View Post
    Yep, I just came here to post a reminder

The last get together was early, so for those who couldn't make it last time, let's have it later tonight:

* 8pm BST, EU1 for a bit of purple and green pew pew.

Those having trouble getting into the EU Beta 01 server:
    If you have created a character, simply hammering the "play" button when you are recieving the "server full" message will get you in fairly quickly...

In-game VOIP is still a tad ropey, so Mumble details here:
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?2515-README-Mumble-VOIP-for-Arma-2-and-other-games
    Last edited by Cooper; 05-09-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Obscure Node
    mikeyyy @ EU1 as NC. I'm very new to planetside, but I'll try to make sure I get some practice in for tonight.