Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Right, anyone whos a member of the nc outfit on eu1 should be able to invite whoever they want. No shenanigans though, I don't approve of shenanigans.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I like that wen you are on a full squad organized, almost everything seems possible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    And then the pilot flies the galaxay straight into a rock

Well, after my week long bacation, I hope to finally spend some time with you guys. Will there be another vanu outfit night this tuesday?

I'm Zhaine on VS (think I'm in the outfit already) and ZhaineNC on NC. Both on EU 1.

Character wipe coming: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...17-2012.20623/

Any plans to change/coordinate after that?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaine View Post
    Any plans to change/coordinate after that?
    I still think having a go on EU Beta 02 is a better idea.

BUT

They are going to change the server names after the character wipe. No longer "EU 1, 2 and 3". Which means there's no way of telling in advance which will be the busiest (and thus the most difficult to just drop in and play on).

I'll coordinate the outfit anew once the wipe happens. We'll have to see the effect of server name changes & character name changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I was just about to ask about coordination for post-wipe, myself. The trouble is really that we don't know what the new servers will be named. I suppose we could simply say which (EU) server # from the top or something. All that said, I'm looking forward to it as I might finally get my plain nick back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    They are going to change the server names after the character wipe. No longer "EU 1, 2 and 3". Which means there's no way of telling in advance which will be the busiest (and thus the most difficult to just drop in and play on).

I'll coordinate the outfit anew once the wipe happens. We'll have to see the effect of server name changes & character name changes.
    Ah, yes, good point re the name changes. That seems like a good move to eliminate the problem with EU 1 being too crowded to get on and 2 and 3 being a bit deserted - or at least that's how it's seemed since I joined at the weekend.

Will await info on here, and am happy to help with any organisational stuff if and when I can (and once I'm a bit less of a newb of course)!

Thanks for coordinating
    Last edited by Zhaine; 18-09-2012 at 02:50 PM.

If there is a "Werner" and "Gemini" server you can bet that most of the larger outfits will flock to that
    Last edited by bonkers; 18-09-2012 at 04:27 PM.

I kind of assume most old outfits are going to be on a Werner server (if there is one). I'd lean towards a Werner server if there is one, (most ex PS1 Werner outfits will be there to provide a bedrock of enough organisation for moments of epic achievements without an overbearing anal attitude, if the old VS Werner is anything to go by). Hopefully PS2 is pulling in enough non-vets that Werner won't be a cue for most of them...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Obscure Node
    Does anyone need a beta key? Seems I've got a spare one.

Activated Node
    And the Server Names Are:

Thyone

Herse
    Chaldene

I vote Herse as it's appropriate to constant death and more death

Mmm... Greek mythology. (Well, for Dionysus' mother I'd guess Thrace). I like me a bit of that.

Unless anyone has objections, I suggest we move the RPS outfits to Thyone.

Ex-Werner outfits (in all Empires) are heading for Thyone. The Werner outfits tend to provide a decent bedrock of organisation at the empire level (without historically being anal, domineering or otherwise having that kind of unsavoury overbearing crap that can come with people trying to organise other people).

My main reasoning is as follows: LdD and ISK (old Werner outifts) have - since the tech test - been running the better public pickup squads / PUGs by a long shot. The RPS outfit's not quite big enough to guarantee a squad at anytime, whilst ex-Werner outfits have been offering public squads with some organisation but pretty relaxed too (i.e: None of those leading PUGs from those and similar ex-Werner outfits are overbearing arsehats. You can expect a Galaxy-hopping jolly and a laugh rather than running around like a headless chicken in the zerg.)

Even if the ex-Werner effect may be a pull for players, it will only be a pull for those who bother looking for it and paying attention to the forums. Without a population count display on the server selection list, the majority of players will probably spread out. Thyone should provide a decent place for PUGs and for the RPS outfit to jump in when we organise stuff, without being the problem of "Server number one" which will stuff it full of people.

I may be wrong and Thyone may also end up overcrowded. I don't think so, but if that is the case, there's always the next wipe...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Cooper: sounds good with me, the NC outfit now resides on Thyone, make sure to create those chars and stash that auraxium, we're gonna need it!

EDIT for clarity: the NC outfit will be switching to Thyone when the charwipes come along. Until then, carry on as you were.
    Last edited by StrangLove; 19-09-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Dont know if that already happened yesterday but the character wipe and server renaming took place.
    So our VS and NC outfits are on Thyone (I think)
    Don't know about our US TR chaps.

Well, now let's wait until the server are back online to get the new Char going.

Activated Node
    The New Patch notes are worth a read!

They were an unexpectadly good read.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    The patch notes. They are indeed great.

In the move to the new location, will there be more people going to one faction or another, or is it mostly remaining the same? (Ie. more Vanu at the mo.)