Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    For those wondering, they've brought the servers down to fix a problem with the population metrics, which was causing insane situations of single factions owning entire continents.

Greetings all. Long-time PCG UK reader, and PS veteran from Back in The Day. Just wanted to say that when the dust settles on the official servers post-launch, I shall be willing and able to sign up with any RPS-flavoured TR outfit going. Whilst the Beta is current though, I'm going to solo it whilst I learn the ropes.

TR Forever!

Yeh that was just silly, NC had 70% pop on Esamir, and without AMS Sunderers the VS and TR are just pinned into their warpgates unable to do anything so only go to play Indar earlier trying to get the certs for S-AMS :/
    so much for pathos

Network Hub
    Heyfolks, I just landed a Beta key. I perhaps unwisely created a US based account, I hope it won't keep me from joining EU servers. Looking forward to joining the fight.

Oh, my SOE handle is nCoreX (nCore was already taken, so was Easy). And I have NO idea which outfit to join...
    Last edited by Easy; 07-10-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    Heyfolks, I just landed a Beta key. I perhaps unwisely created a US based account, I hope it won't keep me from joining EU servers. Looking forward to joining the fight.

Oh, my SOE handle is nCoreX (nCore was already taken, so was Easy). And I have NO idea which outfit to join...
    You can always create a characted on an EU server
    and since last patch the character base was wiped and new servers were added. so were scattered right now

Network Hub
    Erm, I'm having install issues, post here http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...085#post199085 any idea how to fix this?
    Find me on Steam

Network Hub
    Looking at the current state of things I'm actually considering betraying the VS and joining NC. VS outfit has no one online lately. On the other side the NC mumble channel has someone there everyday. Ain't there like one day a week we could meet ?

Network Hub
    OK first hour with the game:
    > Runs like shit at Low settings on 1680x1050 (laggyyyyy)*
    > Cannot for the life of me distinguish the various factions at current graphical settings = got pawned twice at close range not having noticed it was an enemy

So mmm, I might have to pass until I (a) have a new machine (not likely in the near future) or (b) they start optimizing like hell.

* my oldish rig:
    Quad2Core 2.8GHz
    ATI Radeon HD 5670

Find me on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I've been away for the week and not been keeping things rolling.

Seems like another charcter wipe & server re-jig. I'll update this post with new details later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Obscure Node
    Not been able to log in all day. Bit annoying that only two servers are available.

Network Hub
    I had to re-install recently and I noticed an issue with lag the first time an area is loaded. It is possible that is the issue your having, in which case you might want to try it for a little longer.

They're stress testing the servers, which is why it's so hard to log in. Ah well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Flobulon View Post
    They're stress testing the servers, which is why it's so hard to log in. Ah well.
    Are server populations still as "low" as they were a month or so back? I kept getting the impression that if the map was half the size, it'd be a perfectly good population - but you ended up with each faction pair having one hot-spot along the border and nothing more, meaning anything even slightly out of the way was totally abandoned. It kinda killed the "big frontline" feeling, and meant so many bits of the map never got seen (I got bored stiff of anything within 5 minute's drive of Zurvan, but I had no idea what the other end of the VS borders with the NC/TR were actually like, apart from the odd Galaxy hit-n-run). I've heard of factions being holed up at the warpgates, but these usually seem qualified with "but that's cos some bug made all the VS weapons die" or something.

(Oh, the joys of being on mobile broadband and hence unable to actually play... I miss my pewpew lasers )
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Well, since they merged the servers into one US and one EU server the populations are pretty much at the server limit a lot of the time. They even managed to balance the empire pops overall pretty well from what I have seen.

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be any continent-specific caps. So right now the NC is stomping everyone on Esamir with 61% and there is no reason for them to leave since you only gain Auraxium on the continent you are on.
    From what little I saw of Esamir with even caps it does seem to promote more of a frontline than Indar. A lot fewer facilities means that there is pretty much no back-capping and at the remainder of the facilities there are much bigger fights than on Indar.

But as mentioned the battles are still taking place around the same regions when the pops are anywhere near even and honestly I don't see that changing as long all three factions have a permanent Warpgate to push from....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Just tried to check out Esamir on the EU server (was playing on the US servers before, but US is pretty much always full so I've swapped to EU, and from Australia neither are ideal) and it was pretty much entirely blue, NC everywhere. At one point VS and TR had teamed up to try to evict the NC from some place that I can't remember, only to get driven off entirely. That's no fun

Incidentally, does RPS have a TR outfit?

I got a spare key from SOE, any takers?

Only restriction: you have to have a few posts on here or at least have registered more than 1 month ago.

EDIT: Sent to grinn
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 08-10-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Hey Johnny my gf is dying to join me - would love the key!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Tuimic - VS - Eurydome. Would love an outfit invite, no idea whats going on but boy is it fun!

Thanks Johnny!

Can someoen add me on NC Eu server? Grynn

I got access to the beta yesterday. I would probably like to do some semi-organised stuff in the next days, but right now all I want to know is where and how I can replenish ammunition for a vehicle.
    I was driving around in a Tank yesterday and ran out of ammo just when some kind of big vehicular assault started (which was very impressive by the way). Sadly all I was able to do was drive around and pretend to be a thread to other players.