Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Look for your nearest friendly ammo pylon. They are easy to spot when you know what to look for due to their tallness and the picture of bullets on the side. They aren't present at every base however, so you may need to search around a bit.
    Watch towers tend to always have one. Watchtowers are the multi-leveled bases with landing pads for air vehicles and a ground vehicle spawn on the bottom level.

Sunderers can also be outfitted for ammo replenishment. There is currently no easy way to tell what a sunderer is fitted with, so your best bet is to drive over and see if your ammo grows.

Nc outfit will be up in Eurydome Shortly. Pm me with requests for invites and I'll send them out this week. Remember, freedom friday this.... wait for it.... Friday. Always good fun

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOKKA View Post
    I got access to the beta yesterday. I would probably like to do some semi-organised stuff in the next days, but right now all I want to know is where and how I can replenish ammunition for a vehicle.
    I was driving around in a Tank yesterday and ran out of ammo just when some kind of big vehicular assault started (which was very impressive by the way). Sadly all I was able to do was drive around and pretend to be a thread to other players.
    There are supply towers at some outposts (the big ones with the ammo symbol).
    There also is a sunderer cert to do the job

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I have set it so that all members should be able to send an invite to the VS outfit.

Can someone please let me know if this is actually working if they give it a go?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Stick me in the NC outfit - Harlander in game.

Does anyone one if there is a limit how many terminals, turrets and the like a single infiltrator can hack? I have the feeling that it sometimes resets. But maybe it's just re-hacked. Couldn't tell this far.
    And so annoying that hacking terminals doesn't give xp.

Network Hub
    I've read the guide on the front page which cleared up the resources and so on...Is there any sort of guide that assumes that the reader has suffered from some sort of head injury?

I've spent the last 30 minutes going around on foot looking for someone to shoot in the face, and still don't think I've picked a class. I don't feel that this is how I was supposed to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Davkaus View Post
    Is there any sort of guide that assumes that the reader has suffered from some sort of head injury?
    You could try the official wiki or this reddit thread

I've spent the last 30 minutes going around on foot looking for someone to shoot in the face, and still don't think I've picked a class. I don't feel that this is how I was supposed to play the game.
    Sadly it is still difficult to know what is really going on only from looking at the map and the "hotspots" are more or less random (as per a dev's statement).
    Since Esamir is pretty much screwed right now I would suggest you stick to Indar for the time being.
    The biggest battles are usually around The Crown and TI Alloys if your empire has a link to that. Also if one of the big facilities (the ones that give the blue resource, Auraxium) is on the frontline between two empires, 9 out of 10 times there's some action there. The VS and NC specifically usually slug it out between Crossroads Watchtower and Tawrich.

Other than that you can look for bases on the border between two empires that say something other than "No activity".

Network Hub Capt. Eduardo del Mango's Avatar
    I've read the guide on the front page which cleared up the resources and so on...Is there any sort of guide that assumes that the reader has suffered from some sort of head injury?
    It's not just you - I had the same thing, couldn't find where/when/why/how to do absolutely anything. iq was saying that's not a unique criticism - I think you, me and the others left scratching their heads at the Christmas tree HUD all failed to play the same few games that make PS2 a bit more intuitive.

So they decided to get rid of Auraxium gain on bases. It's now a ressource rewarded for the same stuff that gives you xp. Finally. Kinda posting that in beta forums since I got in. It finally worked

Obscure Node
    Delphine VS Eurydome
    Romy NC Eurydome

please let me be your friend

MalReynolds2112, NC, Eurydome

Vadriar, VS, Eurydome.

Demisen - VS - Eurydome
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Activated Node
    AsimBa - VS - Eurydome

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I got a spare key from SOE, any takers?

Only restriction: you have to have a few posts on here or at least have registered more than 1 month ago.
    I also have spare key, and presumably if everyone on the beta has had the same email as me then there'll be lots of others too.
    Anyway, everyone I know who wants to play this already is, so my spare key is up for grabs if anyone who wants one still hasn't got one, as it seems a shame to waste it.

Same restrictions as in Jonny's post quoted above.

Oh yeah just send me a PM.

Edit: Gone
    Last edited by Chaz; 14-10-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Network Hub
    Auraxium is going to be scrapped completely, cert gain increased. Just one day after the new auraxium gain was introduced, which was horrible.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I also have spare key, and presumably if everyone on the beta has had the same email as me then there'll be lots of others too.
    Anyway, everyone I know who wants to play this already is, so my spare key is up for grabs if anyone who wants one still hasn't got one, as it seems a shame to waste it.

Same restrictions as in Jonny's post quoted above.

Oh yeah just send me a PM.
    Ditto, got one of the magic email keys to throw out too.

Edit: And gone
    Last edited by Danny252; 14-10-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Will try and join the Vanu outfit (both if its permitted), next time there is an event and real-life doesn't throw hurdles my way.
    Although is there a recommended newbie guide for us who have hardly played Planetside 2 and haven't touched Planetside 1 at all? The one linked on first post gives a Page Not Found error message.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)

Network Hub
    I liked the new auraxium gain. Though it was a little too slow I think. The only way I managed to gain some more significant amount was to place an AMS sunderer in some nice spot. Then I'd just flow right in.
    Wonder how weapon unlocks will work now. Good that cert points are gonna come in faster. It was a pain to unlock anything at all.