Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    We've got increased auraxium gain since yesterday, at a rate of about 1 aux = 25 xp. Either this'll stay similar with the new cert system, or we're in for a wipe.

So who am I gonna friend to get the outfit? Cooper hasn't yet friended me back.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Anyone in the VS outfit should be able to send invites. I haven't been in PS2 for about a week; am giving it a break as the certs / auraxium get sorted.

Wednesday seems like it might be a better day than Tuesday for the VS meetup. I'll sort out a small outing tomorrow. Nothing big, a bit of a bus ride and some invites.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I've also updated to a new "new player guide" on the first post. Hopefully that won't be out of date all too soon...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quick Q - I haven't been on for a few weeks. Last time I was, it was just after the character reset and the named servers. I was in Thyrone (or whatever it's called) in the VS outfit, but I have no idea what the current situation is. What will I need to do before joining in tonight?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Eurydome server, VS & NC

Same server for the NC & VS outfits. Wednesday night for VS, Fridays for NC.

Create an NC & VS character on the Eurydome server, hop in Mumble and get in the bus (or tank or flying hippo)
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Awesome, ta!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I've also updated to a new "new player guide" on the first post. Hopefully that won't be out of date all too soon...
    404'ing for me already
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Network Hub
    Holy smokes ! Awesome update today. Check it out !http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...0-18-12.33321/
    Top thing for me - no more cloaked shotgun wielding infiltrators and more cert points !

Also fps bug squashed!
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Can anyone say, precisely, how you invite someone to an Outfit? When the NC RTS Outfit was remade after the last wipe, I was invited to the newly formed Outfit, at the 2nd Highest Rank. I was able to Invite people with little difficulty (as long as they were on the Server at the time when I sent the Invite out). Now though, there's no option to send Invites to new members at all... or I can't see it. It's not on the main Outfit page, or the extended Members page. Got a bunch of people that are needing/wanting in to the Outfit (it's much, much easier to arrange squads/platoons when you have everyone in the same Outfit) and I keep disappointing them, and not being able to tell them what's going on.

So how, exactly, do you send out invites these days? On which page in the Social section is the box that you type their name into and press "Send Invite"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Network Hub
    First you need permission. Unfortunately the permission changes aren't saving, so only Leaders can invite.
    I'm a leader so I can invite, but sadly there is a bug involved that prevents my invites from being sent. Essentially the game thinks I'm not in an outfit and every invite is treated like the initial invite used to form an outfit.

As such at the present moment only Cooper can invite people into the outfit to the best of my knowledge. Short of reforming the outfit with all attendant disruptions that will cause, I'm not sure what to suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post
    As such at the present moment only Cooper can invite people into the outfit to the best of my knowledge. Short of reforming the outfit with all attendant disruptions that will cause, I'm not sure what to suggest.
    Wrong outfit (it's the NC Rock Traitor Shotgun outfit I'm trying to figure out), but yeah... I think that's what it is.

Edit: And, it's not just that someone in RTS has, perhaps, changed the permissions and not let others know, or a patch has done it and I didn't read that note... but even Leaders invites are bugged somewhat. Some outfits can't send invites at all. It's just a bit irritating because I said I'd invite a load of people, get them on the server at the same time, then have to turn round to them and say "sheee-it! I dunno what's going on". Doesn't look too organised for the Outfit.
    Last edited by Unaco; 18-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am Herror,NC. What player I have to contact to join the outfit? Is this "Cooper" dude?

Network Hub
    Cooper is the leader of the VS outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post
    First you need permission. Unfortunately the permission changes aren't saving, so only Leaders can invite.
    I'm a leader so I can invite, but sadly there is a bug involved that prevents my invites from being sent. Essentially the game thinks I'm not in an outfit and every invite is treated like the initial invite used to form an outfit.

Aw shit. Thought something was up. I asked a couple of pages back if anyone had had any luck sending outfit invites, guess not...

I'm on every other day and send out invites to anyone who's friended me and not in the outfit. So the easiest route, for now, would be to send me a friend invite. The "they must be online" requirement is a pain in the arse though.

I'll set everyone to leader tomorrow. I did this last time and invites seemed to be working ok.

If someone tries sending invites for the VS outfit again, give me a heads up as to whether it's working again, cheers.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

The fps patch seems to have improved things even more than the other fps patch a month (?) ago. Tonight's nc session will be smoother than a magrider with a butter leather interior.

Good impromptu Vanu fight earlier guys. We pushed really hard, worked really well, got lots of juicy points. Being a squad leader isn't quite as stressful as I thought it would be, but it is certainly hard work! Anyhow, I took a couple of pics from the session. The first I thought was really cool, whilst the second shows off the game's not-quite-fixed physics/collision detection.