Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Try adding Cantide or IceRaiser as friends on PS2, they've definitely got add permissions. The outfit night is Friday, so your best bet is to hop on mumble on the night and ask for an invite to the oufit (as well as helping us wipe those plastic-purple-neon-crap-rangers from Indar)
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Just spent 48 certs on the sunderer vehicle ammo thing just to find out that it either does not work or does not give xp. As closer as it gets I'm getting more and more confident of the release date... Especially with Hamma and TB both putting out videos voicing their concern about the state of the game.
    Last edited by bonkers; 28-10-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=E20z928GjoE#!

TB on the problems with PS2 as it stands.

Some of that is out of date, some of that I don't agree with, but by and large he's right.

Thing is, I'll be playing PS2 a lot pre and post launch because there is nothing like it out there (bar PS1 where the shooting mechanics are crap...).

At the same time, launching in a few weeks is absurd given its current state.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Obscure Node
    Hearty hello to all the sirs and madams, new poster here though not new to RPS as whole.
    Been solo playing PS2 for the past 3 weeks. Haven't had a chance to hook up with friends seeing they are still tied up with growing magic carrots in Panda land.
    Lone wolfing PS2 has run its course this past weekend and I was wondering if I could hook up with you guys for a bit of team play with or without Mumble coms.
    Eurydome - Packman (original, I know.)

So Amerish looks pretty cool.
    I really doubt I will ever return to Indar or Esamir when this is out...

http://de.twitch.tv/las0m/b/337499276

Had a fair few people on Mumble tonight. Was good fun.

We had a shot at a Scythe formation. Flying out behind Echo.

Note: I am the chicken.

The moment I heard "shit, so much AA" I banked. Everyone else can be seen flying in formation to the left of my screen as I finish of a Vanguard and then lose sight of everyone else...

I probably shouldn't have plonked the waypoint on top of a tower with 4 AA turrets. I usually pay more attention to the map before sending squads forth. Promise...
    Last edited by Cooper; 02-11-2012 at 03:54 AM.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Hello chaps! just got my PS2 beta invite, wildly excited, downloading now wondering where would be best to start for a total Planetside newbie. If there's an RPS outfit looking for a new recruit, let me know where I should be and I'll report in

Looking forward to seeing you all in game!

Fitz

By the way, there were "Buddy Beta Codes" at the very bottom of the Amerish newsletter email. Almost missed it myself

*edit*
    Almost forgot: the tripple station cash promo is running only today. So its about 3000 Station cash for 10 dollars, instead of 1000 SC. Getting 6000 SC for only 17 euros instead of around 45ish is kinda neat.
    Last edited by bonkers; 04-11-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Obscure Node
    Just started as Whixy, Eurydome, EU. Is there room in the outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    By the way, there were "Buddy Beta Codes" at the very bottom of the Amerish newsletter email. Almost missed it myself

*edit*
    Almost forgot: the tripple station cash promo is running only today. So its about 3000 Station cash for 10 dollars, instead of 1000 SC. Getting 6000 SC for only 17 euros instead of around 45ish is kinda neat.
    Editted.
    Actually, seems like StationCash will be converted at launch, so here's hoping there will be no hiccups with this StationCash.
    Last edited by Sceptrum; 05-11-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    Editted.
    Actually, seems like StationCash will be converted at launch, so here's hoping there will be no hiccups with this StationCash.
    Station cash will be converted to ProSieben Cash for European customers IF they decide to convert their SOE account into a Pro7 account at launch. I doubt anything will go wrong, all they need to do is converting the current balance into Pro7 cash and from what I understand it's a 1:1 conversion rate, but I might be wrong on that.

For everybody who enters(entered) the game before release this will be optional, you have the choice to remain a SOE customer and still play on European and US servers. Everybody who registeres after the release date you will only have the choice to create a Pro7 account.
    But in the end this doesn't change much (I hope). Pro7 only handles support and the like, the servers are still run by SOE.

Downloading now. Excite!

My character is NC: MrTomOBedlam

When do NC types meet up to shoot things? It's not much fun alone.
    Last edited by Tom OBedlam; 05-11-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    But in the end this doesn't change much (I hope). Pro7 only handles support and the like, the servers are still run by SOE.
    Except that ProSieben's tech support has pissed off pretty much allt he everquest and DC online players.

PS7 support phone line is staffed by volunteers. Volunteers who have to be trusted with your CC and account details.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Hmm...might keep my account at SOE then, unless something new changes that makes it advantageous to convert to PS7, even with crap support.

I'm wondering why SOE does this in light of how GOA handled Dark Age of Camelot & Warhammer Online, as well as Codemasters for Turbine titles.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)

Note: There was a bug the other night that lost all character progress for a day (I had pimped out my sundy...)

Good news: The devs gave everyone 1,000 certs as recompense.

I'd suggest people use it to try out weapons. There's no indication that there'll be a VR training area or firing range or anything like that where you can test out weapons upon release. Given they're ostensibly asking money for this stuff, there should be a way to try these out...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

I just logged in 30 minutes ago and I had 100 certs, not 1000. You sure everyone gets the certs?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    About half of the people got the certs, the others seemed to be bugged out. They seem to be working on "fixing" it, lets hope they succeed . SoE, they create as many bugs as they squash in every patch.

I now have 1000 cert points, while I remember myself having 130ish before. So it seems they set your cert total AT 1000, instead of increasing it BY 1000. Gift horse and all that, but still good to know.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Got a Beta key, courtesy of a kind fellow RPSer. Will download tonight and hopefully start playing at some point this week. Who do I contact for a New Conglomerate invitation?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    I had given up trying to get a key for this game, but I have renewed interest. Anyone know if they're still giving out keys and where to get one?