Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    I know I asked this some pages back, but I can't be bothered to go finding it again - do we have a TR outfit yet?
    Not that I know of.

I had a TR character with the PCGamer outfit before the last wipe. They're worth checking out if you're determined to be Red and Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Network Hub
    5 beta keys to give out here, best way to ask is to contact me on Steam (look me up in the RPS group member list)

Activated Node
    Took part in a massive assault on the Crown this afternoon. Don't think I've seen as many tanks before (look at that minimap!). Several blew up from crashing into each other

The scythes kept doing steep bombing runs taking out the turrets, twas beautiful.

Played on for some of Purple Wednesday tonight and when it was briefly working, it was good (if short, due to server crashes and me being on night shift this week, therefore having to leave at 9) fun!
    Thanks to everyone willing to help out us newbies, this game does have a bit of a sharp learning curve for the HUD and such.

I have a quick question regarding technical issues of the game, sorry if this is in the wrong section and I'm happy to move/repost if necessary.

I'm having a lot of crashes in win 7 32bit and it seems from some google searching this is to do with having less than 4GB of RAM (I have 8 but 32 bit only detects 3.5) but I'm was planning to install Windows 7 64 bit tomorrow on a new partition as a temporary measure. I'm just waiting to get paid so I can order a decent external drive to backup then make a fresh install of the 64bit version.
    Anyway..
    I was just wondering if anyway knew whether it's possible for me to transfer this game onto the new partition without having to download it again? On my isp I have limited bandwidth allowance between 8am-8pm and as I'm leaving for work this week at 9pm it's a bit a pain (basically I'm too impatient to wait another day to play it!).

My thoughts were to transfer the current install folder to the new partition, then use the downloaded launcher to set the installation folder as this one, hoping that it would pick up that all the files are already there. Any ideas if this would work?

Hope that makes sense and isn't too rambling!

Cheers
    OP

Activated Node
    Put the files in the same path/folder tree as before, run the launcher and validate the files.
    That should work.

Obscure Node
    3 more codes for you chaps.
    XRXPR92639NDPN7XCC6M
    REDJ4APNNPEHZEZNENX6
    MD39ZG3X3P74EJF4M7FX

see you out there

Quote Originally Posted by IceRaiser View Post
    Put the files in the same path/folder tree as before, run the launcher and validate the files.
    That should work.
    Good stuff, I'm going to give it a shot now. Fingers crossed it'll work and I'll be blasting my way across the landscape in no time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    The lasher got an update today.
    To make a long story short: it's still not worth it.
    It is accurate, even okay on long ranges, but it's damage is still pretty low and due to it's aoe it's useless in close combat as you damage yourself and others around you (getting weapon locked in the process). So the only thing it could be good for is long range engagement, but which really isn't the job for HAs.
    Dont buy it. At least for now. Needs more work.

Video impressions:

Around the 12 minute mark is a typical engagement with several players. Something the lasher should be good at but I would argue a shotgun or LMG would have performed better.
    Last edited by bonkers; 15-11-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Noticed I posted this in purple wednesday thread and might be more apt here:
    Planetside 2 beta closes tomorrow, according to reddit. Trying to find an official link.

You will need a new clean install of Planetside 2 when it launches:
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/268875322383020033
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Mallory) : SceptrumTR (Lithcorp)

Got it working! Played for 2 whole hours without a crash instead of the usual 5 minutes. Hurrah.

I'd also highly recommend everyone join an RPS outfit and get on mumble. Had a nice brief game with Echo early, which was very informative.
    There seemed to be a few people from the RPS outfit online (Vanu) but only three of us in mumble (one seemingly afk) get on there people!

So cert costs have been changed and we are back to a 250:1 xp:cert gain rate. Overall we now have about the same time to get unlocks, but reduced time to get weapons. A good change /imho

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...pricing.46391/

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    Noticed I posted this in purple wednesday thread and might be more apt here:
    Planetside 2 beta closes tomorrow, according to reddit. Trying to find an official link.

You will need a new clean install of Planetside 2 when it launches:
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/268875322383020033
    Augh. Downloads for the download god!

Edit: I trust the beta characters aren't wiped? Hmm? If not, got a nice Vanu on Eurydome called Velko (surprise!). An invitation to the Outfit would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Velko; 17-11-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by izal View Post
    Took part in a massive assault on the Crown this afternoon. Don't think I've seen as many tanks before (look at that minimap!). Several blew up from crashing into each other

The scythes kept doing steep bombing runs taking out the turrets, twas beautiful.

Ha, I was there in one of the tanks. It was EPIC.

So, as the final server names for release are going to be up within the next days some questions to prepare for release:

- How are we gonna decide where to go? Anyone wants to check what other outfits choose? Just take Eurothingy again if it's one of them?
    - Do our NC and VS outfits plan to stay on the same server?

Activated Node
    I came to ask the same thing as bonkers.
    It would be good to have a concensus on what servers we will be on ahead of time.
    Also on who is setting up the outfits and when they will be online.

I wonder if it might be best to have the NC and VS outfits on different servers?
    I'm not sure what the rules will be about multiple characters on the same account but that might prevent problems.
    (I can envisage future meta-game changes meaning they dislike people having multiple faction characters per server.)

Other than that consideration, I'm happy for the squad leaders of each outfit to decide the details and let us know.
    Last edited by Dr.Evanzan; 17-11-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    As for servers, I reckon the best bet is to do as before and go where the ex Werner outfits go.

I'll keep an eye on the PS2 / other outfit forums and go with that.

The ex Werner outfits have been running particularly good PUG squads. Given we are not a massive outfit that can guarantee members online any given evening, a server with decent PUG squads is a plus.

However, I'm worried about the small number of servers. Smedley has said there are more on standby (which will almost certainly be needed).

If it turns out that our first pick is producing absurd queues, I'm not averse to switching server 'cos of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Network Hub
    Judging by this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...outfits_to_be/ it seems that most major EU outfits are ending up on Miller. Release is on my birthday, so I probably won't be around for it but I can't wait to jump in and play a little more seriously with the RPS NC outfit (I've lone-wolfed it throughout the beta).

Quote Originally Posted by evilbobthebob View Post
    Judging by this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...outfits_to_be/ it seems that most major EU outfits are ending up on Miller. Release is on my birthday, so I probably won't be around for it but I can't wait to jump in and play a little more seriously with the RPS NC outfit (I've lone-wolfed it throughout the beta).
    Me and cooper discussed this and agreed miller would be a good place to set up both outfits. We'll get it all figured out on tuesday

So Miller it is. See you there

As a American, I am torn between playing with the bulk of RPS'ers, or playing with the American contingent. I will likely do both, as 'Night Shift' can be rewarding.

See you on Miller as LeoNitro