Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Are there any recommended ways of getting your paws on a key these days? The curse.com giveaway was over when I finally managed to find a US proxy that allowed me to access it . Sorry in advance if I overlooked it in the thread somewhere.

This really looks like it could be the alternative to worldoftanks I have been looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbobobo View Post
    Did anyone else see the post about upcoming spawning changes? Liking the look of the way this game is taking shape.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...gistics.17169/
    Yes, that's a great change and I'm glad it's finally coming.

I'm not sure making galaxy-spawning very expensive cert-wise will help much in the long run, but at least they've acknowledged that some extra changes will be needed once most people have unlocked everything and the kitchen sink, and it'll help tremendously in the coming weeks. It was getting game-breakingly silly, to be honest.
    Just this evening an NC galaxy landed less than 10m away from ours on top of zurvan after we'd flipped the base. Both the galaxies were being tanked by 3-4 engineers and even with a good 20 players on each side pounding on them (and eachother) they just wouldn't go down. It went on for almost 10 minutes and could have taken a lot longer if I hadn't managed to light assault my way around the base superstructure and nade the engineers from behind.

@karandraz, the resources are yours, but the periodic gains are the same for everyone. You get more resources every few minutes, and the amount you get depends on the amount and type of regions your faction controls. You can see what kind of regions give what using the filters on the map screen.
    You also get a fraction of any gained xp as wathever resource is produced by the region you're currently in. I've only remembered to check when fighting in auraxium bases (I'd usually get +3/+4 for a node capture), but I assume it works the same everywhere else.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Signing up for duty. VS.

Can't access the servers right now but my name is RIDEBIRD01 as I got some random numbers attached last time I logged on. Been looking for a large outfit as that seems to be a necessity in this game, hoping this is awesome! Joined the mumble as well.

I'd like to get in on this like ridebird above, after last night I figured I might as well jump in here after the group of people I had gathered into a mini-outfit seem to have stopped playing. As an added bonus for me, I was delighted when I realised this site was purely about PC gaming. I'm OriusNero in-game (subject to change to OriusNex after the next char wipe). VS, obviously. Got mumble working!
    Last edited by Orius; 13-09-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by W0nk0 View Post
    Are there any recommended ways of getting your paws on a key these days? The curse.com giveaway was over when I finally managed to find a US proxy that allowed me to access it . Sorry in advance if I overlooked it in the thread somewhere.

This really looks like it could be the alternative to worldoftanks I have been looking for!
    You can follow Planetside 2 on Twitter and spam them with nice words/beg for a key, they seems to give them out pretty frenquently. Alternatively you can buy the Alpha Squad pack which gives you a beta key, plus they've also started sending out extra keys to everyone who baught the pack so if you know anyone who did buy it they may have a spare key.

Obscure Node
    I'm in! My PC can just barely run it even on the lowest of the low settings (it's like playing System Shock 1!) but I can pilot gals/libs/tanks/turrets, and do support roles like medic and engie.

Info!

Kittz, NC, EU02
    Kittiah, NC, EU01

I'd be happy to roll another character on any server/faction if there's a decent group going! Any recommendations?

Obscure Node
    Meusli NC EU1

originalmeusli VS EU1

See you there!
    Last edited by Meusli; 13-09-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Obscure Node
    Had great time with you yesterday, so I'll put my nickname here!

Prospekt VS EU1

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Just in case some people aren't aware, there's a 1.4gb patch. The downloader also seems to be working a fair bit quicker than it has been recently, so that's a plus.