Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    The patch notes. They are indeed great.

In the move to the new location, will there be more people going to one faction or another, or is it mostly remaining the same? (Ie. more Vanu at the mo.)
    I imagine it will stay similar. There were roughly even votes for VS and NC in the old thread.

Local authorities rightly steered towards the wonderfulness that is pruple. Others seem to love that god awful electric guitar riff every time they respawn.

(Da na a NEEeeeoooow (FREEDOM!))

In anycase, I try not to make my unyielding love of all that is purple sparkly and the pounding pounding techno music make me overtly partisan and usually play by the "how full are the respective Mumble sections" rule.

I expect both the VS and NC outfits will be healthy come the wipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    That's good to hear.

As for the music, NC's is actually awesome. Gives off a real Firefly vibe too, which doesn't hurt. It's a good thing we're on the same faction, otherwise I'd be willing to kill you for that alone! (Grudgingly, sure, but I would do it.)
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Activated Node
    So did we come up with a name for the Live Official RPS Outfit name?

Rock Paper Scythe is probably a good one.

I say official because that's the way the vote went and people who take part in a vote and then decide that they didn't like the outcome so decide to do what they were planning on regardless shouldn't really be stealing the "Rock Paper" part of the Community as far as I'm concerned because that's not lovely, huggy and democratic.

Not that I care anyway. Whatever they choose to do, I intend to target their TR and NC outfits above all others as traitors, crybabies, splitters and whingy whiners.

Purple for the Purple God!

I'm still partial to Rock, Planet, Shotgun because of the mutliple ways it can be read...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I think they are good ones. Only problem I would see is that it is too "general". Would be cool to use if our outfits would be on different servers, then all outfits could use the same name. Making it easier to recognize.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Perhaps on servers where there's only one RPS faction, it can be "Rock, Planet, Shotgun", and on those where there will definitely be multiple ones, it could be "Rock, Planet, Vanu/Conglomerate/Republic" or whatever.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

If we're gonna keep the Rock, Paper, Shotgun formula it should be Rock, Paper, Jackhammer for NC. Rock, Paper, Lasher for Vanu.

I like Rock, Paper, Scythe, but I don;t want to give the impression we're fly boys. I have died to trees more than reavers so far...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Updated with post-wipe changes.

I'm scratching my head at the best way to arrange invites given that invites have to be sent when the player is online. If anyone has any suggestions beyond "drop into Mumble" I'd welcome them.

I'm still Cooper for VS. Not yet made an NC character.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

The NC contingent has its heart set on 'Rock Traitor Shotgun', and (I believe) IceRaiser has already set up the outfit on Thyrone. Post your NC Thyrone char names, and I'll make sure he adds them.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Quote Originally Posted by StrangLove View Post
    The NC contingent has its heart set on 'Rock Traitor Shotgun'
    Tedious arbitrary naming conventions for RPS guilds are thrown out of the door in the face of such a great name. And that opinion has nothing to do with me thinking up that name; delicious!

Anyway, I have loads of love for NC, apart from the music, I also have loads of love for VS, especially the music now after a few sessions under their banner. I can see myself chopping and changing between them, forget the tech and the colours, there's fun people on both sides.

Are there any people who would like to play as TR a bit?
    I sort of started to find NC boring and I want my double-barrelled tanks, so I'll be playing TR for a while.

I am fairly certain there are other people who would like to play as TR, so maybe we can organise some 10+ people sessions.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Obscure Node
    Just as a note: Made my char on Thyone, some people seem to be on it (The traitorous NC for one)

Activated Node
    Mylton is up and playing on Thyone for the VS too. Do we have an outfit yet?

Obscure Node
    WolfozVS created on Thoyne, and reporting for duty again

I must say, I've been having absolutely shocking performance issues since the last patch.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    I must say, I've been having absolutely shocking performance issues since the last patch.
    Have you tried deleting your UserOptions.ini ? Solved my problems the patch before this one.

New Characters:
    TaLon on VS Thyone
    TaLon42 on NC Thyone

BobHound on Thyone for VS. BobHoundNC for NC on Thyone!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Obscure Node
    Molloy (my char name) is available for recruitment on Thyone! awaiting invite if you please sir

Just recreated somuchforpathos on thyrone if I could get an invite to the outfit
    so much for pathos

Back as WotTheMelon on Thyone, obviously in purple. Hope to see some of you there : )