Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I think they've tsruck it right with the new cert system.

Getting a cert every 1,000XP felt like an absolute slog. Now they tick up quite nicley. Sure, this is entirely a psychological thing (there's more to spend them on now), but if progression is part fo your game, then most actions should have direct feed into that progress.

Without an "XP bar" like other MMOs, certs are all we have on-screen to indicate progress (XP is relegated to the character screen). So seeing that tick up often is much more satisifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Activated Node
    I got my beta key today, might just start playing tonight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Yeah, cert gain feels a lot better now. The only thing I still miss is xp for various actions like hacking terminals and guns (100 for destorying one, 0 for hacking...) and some other stuff.

Also repairing stations doesn't award xp. Or healing players (most of the time). Also I HATE HATE HATE when the medigun bugs out.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Yeah, same for repairing vehicles for me. Often I do not get a single xp for bringing a magrinder from 10 to 100 pecent.

Activated Node
    Played some light assault tonight while attacking a base at the top of a cliff. Had a lot of fun using the jet pack to get behind the enemy. Seems like a strong class for solo play. I also love the firepower of the heavy assault.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Certs are much better now. It feels great to spend a bunch and then a few minutes later you're already picking them up again.

I've spent most of mine so far on the medic class, however I noticed last night that
    1) there's possibly too many medics running around
    2) when the medigun bugs out it's the most frustrating thing in the game.

Reconsidering trying another class out.

Yeah, I got a boatload of certs yesterday by just sitting in my Skyguard near the excavation site and just taking down galaxies and liberators. I got enough to unlock auto-repair for my Magrider and a second Burster for my MAX.

Also, I had a lot of fun playing with you guys -- a squad that works together well really improves the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Certs are much better now. It feels great to spend a bunch and then a few minutes later you're already picking them up again.

I've spent most of mine so far on the medic class, however I noticed last night that
    1) there's possibly too many medics running around
    2) when the medigun bugs out it's the most frustrating thing in the game.

Reconsidering trying another class out.
    Yeah, I usually play entirely medic, but the medi gun that just stops working mid fight means I've moved to assault for now.

There are never too many medics. In the large base meatgrinders it may seem like too many, but there's hardly ever enough.

For a squad of 12 that's sticking together for mostly ground-based infantry you want at least 3 medics.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

I'll be jumping on later to try some more stuff out but I do enjoy the medic class when its not bugging out.

Some great changes in today's patch.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...25-2012.36675/

Especially of note for the outfit:

• Squad members can deploy on their squad leaders from the Warpgate via the Instant Action menu.
    • Buffed VS weapons to be much stronger at greater range. Projectile speed and Damage were increased on all weapons except sniper rifles.
    • Reload times on most VS weapons are now faster.
    Although I hear the Magrider is broken now.

Saw a lot of complaints about the Magrider

Obscure Node
    anyone noticed a massive fps drop since the latest patch?

Yes. Especially with a lot of tanks on screen, the game is a bit slower. Mind you I never had a lot of FPS in this game with my 4 year old PC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    So I finally got into the beta, and it's currently downloading; I doubt my screwed-as-all-hell schedule will allow to join many (if any) RPS outings but still just in case I'd rather be in a situation where I can jump into the funwagon, proceed to screw up every single thing I was supposed to do, make the whole squad go down in flames and sheepishly leave, never to rejoin.

So, just to be on the safe side: Eurydome (EU) on either New Conglomerate or Vanu Sovereignty, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    So, just to be on the safe side: Eurydome (EU) on either New Conglomerate or Vanu Sovereignty, right?
    Or both! I know a few people have a character for either of the two RPS sides.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Well I'm completely new to all things PlanetSide, so at least for now I'd rather focus on one character while trying to learn the ropes; better bring only one faction to it's knees due to my incompetence than both.

Well I'm completely new to all things PlanetSide, so at least for now I'd rather focus on one character while trying to learn the ropes; better bring only one faction to it's knees due to my incompetence than both.
    It's hard to do that though. In this game, a squad of 12 people who know what they're doing and are working together are worth 50 noobs in terms of base capture.

But if you're going to pick a side, go with style and roll Vanu.

Sorry, picked New Conglomerate. Their rock vibe just won me over (plus the Vanu armour looks like plastic crap out of a warehouse sale from an 80s factory).

Edit: and on that note, to whom must I direct my pestering to be invited to the RPS NC guildthingie?
    Last edited by Rauten; 27-10-2012 at 04:07 AM.

(plus the Vanu armour looks like plastic crap out of a warehouse sale from an 80s factory).
    I think you've missed the point. Because our plastic purple neon crap from some dodgy 80s warehouse is utterly fantastic dah-ling

Re: Invites: I imagine getting on Mumble + asking nice like is probably the best bet. Waffly or Strang will know though
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG