Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Cases - cheap but decent - recommendations?

I need a new case because this one vibrates and thrums and generally annoys the hell out of me (it's just the cheapie this PC originally came with).

Requirements
    No flashy lights/perspex covers/illuminated fans or anything like that
    Easy access for HDD (3) mounting - and SOLID mounting so they don't shake the case to bits.
    No cover on the front - I want to be able to use the DVD drive/front-panel sockets without fannying about
    Cheapish - certainly under 60

Current mobo is a K10N78 but I'm looking to build a I5 system in the next 6-9 months so if there's a difference in mobo formats (I never bother understanding those) I'd like it to support both

Oh - a case where someone has thought about the layout would be lovely too - this case is designed so that HDDs sit on top of the SATA connectors on the mobo making connecting them up nigh-on impossible (I can tie a knot in a SATA table with my eyes closed now!)

TA

Obscure Node
    a mate of mine has the NZXT Vulcan and i have the CM 690 ( mine is the original one with the window), but theyre cutting pretty close to your budget.
    This Antec One is cheaper and a classic for gamers, fill it with quiet fans an dit will cool and be silent too, downside is that itll get dusty, but a vacuum and brush fixes that.
    Me on Steam

you could get your hands on an Antec 300, it's not a bad case and you can pick it up for about 30-40 or so.
    Official RPS Thread argument catalyst.

Obscure Node
    i love thermaltake and fractal design (i know you can get them both in UK, not sure about the States.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slick_101 View Post
    you could get your hands on an Antec 300, it's not a bad case and you can pick it up for about 30-40 or so.
    I've one of these. They're definitely cheap and cheerful. It doesn't look anything special, but considering my computer is mostly out of sight I don't care. My one complaint about it is that the two installed case fans are not PWM controlled. You set a switch on them to either L/M/H and that's it. Those would be replaceable though if that's an issue. I set mine to M and I never hear them or have overheating issues.

I'd have to not recommend it though if you're planning on doing anything like SLI or Crossfire with two very large cards as I don't think you'd end up with a lot of space afterwards.

It ticks off most of your boxes though. The layout is very good with the PSU on the bottom. There's plenty of HDD drives for you which are solid. I believe iirc that you screw the hdds in but don't quote me on that. There's two additional fan slots at the front which require no mounting (they sit in cases) and there's a great dust blocker at the front too which you can easily remove to clean.

All in all, a great case for well under your price limit.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=CA-101-AN might be possible to get cheaper, but here's the full specs.