Page 2 of 208 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Who the fuck thought that an "Exit to Desktop" button without any confirmation would be a good diea?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Who the fuck thought that an "Exit to Desktop" button without any confirmation would be a good diea?
    Yeah it surprised me too thefirst time...

I also got 2 crashes yesterday...

@Ritashi and the others:
    Thanks for the tips, I didn't new stats added such differences. The more I learn about how they created classes the more I think this game will hook me a while... I was amazed by the size of the borderlands too... Now if I just could make my mind...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Getting "you're not in the guild" chat issues for the first time :/
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Had an amazing experience this evening in Diessa Plateau. Running around minding my own business when I suddenly meet 2 guildies and we decide to group up and do some hearth events together. We suddenly decide to do this big group event close by and after a while end up in some underwater mini-dungeon doing puzzles and stuff. At the end we got to kill a freakishly hard champion mob (underwater) and got tons of loot out of it (9 chests :O ).

It's crazy how this game can suck you in and distract you to do something completely different then the thing you set out to do, while having amazing fun while doing it. While having some things that are still not on point yet this is simply the best MMORPG I've played in many years, and I've tried many. And I don't have to pay a subscription even!
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Are the traits maxed as well in PvP?
    All weapons, runes, armour, equipment, etc etc is max level. All skills are unlocked and all traits and abilities too.

Thats sPvP though not WvWvW.

Any idea what the "steady" PvP items are? You can buy them from the battle points vendor in the PvP area.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritashi View Post
    Fun fact, Guardian has the lowest base health pool of any profession (tied with two others, idr which).
    Thief and Elementalist. The critical thing you fail to mention is that Guardian is the only class outside of the Warrior who can wear heavy armor. Elementalists have light armor and thieves have medium armor.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I like it. It's refreshing and simple!
    I get grumpy quickly, and genuinely find camp-character screen-exit game-are you sure?-YES I AM SURE DAMN YOUR EYES annoying.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I get grumpy quickly, and genuinely find camp-character screen-exit game-are you sure?-YES I AM SURE DAMN YOUR EYES annoying.
    +1 on that. It's the games that make you go through hoops for quitting that I hate. In my opinion, just like Alt+Enter always makes a game go fullscreen, Alt+F4 should always exit it immediately, no confirmation required, with perhaps a small delay to save if saving is required. That there's a menu option that does just that is icing on the cake.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by lasikbear View Post
    Any idea what the "steady" PvP items are? You can buy them from the battle points vendor in the PvP area.
    I believe they do the same amount of damage on every attack. I guess it's to get an idea of the baseline damage of weapons or sumfin.

Network Hub
    So I'm running into a dilemma. I'm trying to level my crafting to match my character level and location, but I just can't get enough materials. Specifically the "fine" materials, like tiny scales, weak blood, totem fragments, and the like. I need them to make insignias and inscriptions, which let me do my discoveries, which are the best way to level crafting so far. So I run around harvesting all the materials that spawn in nodes, killing tons of stuff along the way, and I just always come up way short in the materials department. So I'm stuck at level 50 for my armorsmithing and level 40 for my weaponsmithing. But I'm level 18 now, and I'm in areas where I'm gathering materials that require level 75 to use. I've spent the last two days just running around my starter area farming materials and it's been a big disappointment to find out that I still don't have enough to get up to where I need to be to match the area I'm in.

Does anyone have any good farming spots? Because crafting is obviously one area that isn't really working out as just happening naturally, unlike pretty much everything else in the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    GW1 had the 'X' in the top right corner while playing the game, too. You learn to avoid that corner quickly.

Cool

Hallelujah !

I finally met my avatar for GW2, he is a sturdy, Energy filled, Asura. His name is Tiny Raz and he is a warrior.

I tried 4 classes in PVP against the training class bots (brilliant idea btw). Mesmer, Thief, Guardian and warrior.

I like 3 out of 4. Mesmer, Thief and Warrior. I think all of them have excellent abilities but the warrior was the most satisfying for me (probably because his mechanics are pretty easy to grasp)

I wanted to stay away from the most played races for warrior (thanks GW2 census) and first made a sylvari warrior, he was pretty decent but his aninations where the same a Norn and human (as far as i know); I then went for Asura. Which feels a bit odd considering their stature, but is amazing to watch. (take a look at the greatsword animations ^^ )

I also love the Asuran setting. (but the Sylvari warrior racial armor is excellent).

I will finally get to play this game ! \o/

Interactive map

Stumbled upon this interactive map. It's definitely not the most detailed map out there, but it's pretty useful and some of the descriptions are funny, too.

(Spoilers! Duh!)

http://www.littlethings2.com/GuildWars2/map.php

Edit: I guess the descriptions of some events/bosses/etc. makes it the map with the most details I found on the web.
    Last edited by Broen; 29-08-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Obscure Node
    Unruly, regarding grinding mats for leveling crafting, rather than grinding in your starting area, you should consider going to another 1-15 area and getting the 100% map exploration there and picking up the crafting bits along the way, infinitely more "fun" than just grinding one area repeatedly, at least in my opinion. Or roll an alt :P Personally I had to complete like three starter areas before passing 75 skill..

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Hallelujah !

I finally met my avatar for GW2, he is a sturdy, Energy filled, Asura. His name is Tiny Raz and he is a warrior.
    (snip)
    I will finally get to play this game ! \o/
    The Asura warriors great sword animations are fucking awesome! I love how they put their sword over the shoulder while running. They look so determined and stubborn (because the sword is so big and they are so tiny, you know! "I don't care that this sword looks like it's to big for me! I'm going to whoop your ass with it and then carry on talking about how superior we Asura are!").

Activated Node
    First off, fun fun fun - I am loving this game. It's just got something, I love it. I don't know what it is, I just love it.

It feels more like a solo game, which I love, but a solo game in a good way. Every time I run around I meet someone, we smash things up together, and then I'm on my own again. It's great, what's not to like?

The biggest problem I have so far is that it just feels a bit too complicated for me at the moment. I do lots of things and I get nice pretties and I get skill increases and then it all feels like A + B + F + H = ZZZ. I mean I'm confused as hell. Still, it's actually pretty fun finding my feet.

It's also pretty neat being rewarded for exploration again, that was sorely missing from other games.

Overall, I'm loving it.

One question; I'm primarily playing a Norn but I've got mates playing Asura and Humies. How the hell do you meet up??

Cheers all, fun fun fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicedice View Post
    Unruly, regarding grinding mats for leveling crafting, rather than grinding in your starting area, you should consider going to another 1-15 area and getting the 100% map exploration there and picking up the crafting bits along the way, infinitely more "fun" than just grinding one area repeatedly, at least in my opinion. Or roll an alt :P Personally I had to complete like three starter areas before passing 75 skill..
    That's actually a good idea. I was thinking about grinding my starting area a little bit more to get more mats. Maybe it's time to visit one of the others. I wanted to keep them fresh, for when I'm going to do them with an alt. But there are always the different personal stories to keep things interesting. And the DEs make sure, that there will still be surprises on the way.

Yeah, I really love this game! My favorite moment was when I got permabanned cause I got hacked, how fun Apparently it's a phishing problem, beware people! Even though I never clicked on any suspicious link (and apparently like a lot of people who also got permabanned out of the blue), it still happened. I'm pretty frustrated right now! YEAH!

harvb: use the asura gates in the initial cities to travel to other initial cities. I felt the game was a bit overwhelming at first too, but give it a bit of time and you'll get the hang of it rather quicly, you'll see!