Page 3 of 214 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    @zanchito, thanks for that mate, much appreciated.

Oh I knew there was something I meant to ask! Is there anyone out there willing to make some bags for me, please? I'm sure there are a bazillion other players wanting this too. Just tell me what I need to send you, and I will send you what I can.

I should actually learn!!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harvb View Post
    First off, fun fun fun - I am loving this game. It's just got something, I love it. I don't know what it is, I just love it.

It feels more like a solo game, which I love, but a solo game in a good way. Every time I run around I meet someone, we smash things up together, and then I'm on my own again. It's great, what's not to like?

The biggest problem I have so far is that it just feels a bit too complicated for me at the moment. I do lots of things and I get nice pretties and I get skill increases and then it all feels like A + B + F + H = ZZZ. I mean I'm confused as hell. Still, it's actually pretty fun finding my feet.

It's also pretty neat being rewarded for exploration again, that was sorely missing from other games.

Overall, I'm loving it.

One question; I'm primarily playing a Norn but I've got mates playing Asura and Humies. How the hell do you meet up??

Cheers all, fun fun fun.
    Beware - the Norn female has apallingly wooden voice acting. "I talk with this emotionless, wooden affect to honour the trees".
    Seriously, whoever they hired was terrible at voice acting.

I was under the impression GW2 just had bad voice acting, oh well, live with it - but Eurogamer says Femshep is voice acting the Sylvari female, and Nolan North the human male, and both of them can actually do voice acting.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Beware - the Norn female has apallingly wooden voice acting. "I talk with this emotionless, wooden affect to honour the trees".

I was under the impression GW2 just had bad voice acting, oh well, live with it - but Eurogamer says Femshep is voice acting the Sylvari female, and Nolan North the human male, and both of them can actually do voice acting.
    I like the Male Asura voice actor too. Steve Staley it seems. IMDB tells me he does mostly anime stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    It's Ivanova from Babylon 5. Also how dare you, it's Ivanova from Babylon 5!

The norn female voice was a bit jarring at first, but I've grown used to it. Mostly I think the norn script is clunky, but again I've gotten used to it - the story is interesting enough despite it.

The asura male is amazing, though.
    Last edited by Screwie; 29-08-2012 at 03:02 PM.

The male Norn voice tries a bit too hard sounding like a klingon. Doesn't help there are some beards that look like the iconic Klingon beards. It's not awful but it makes it very hard to take seriously at times.

*chops wood* IT'S MY DESTINY!
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Obscure Node
    @ Screwie
    Yeah, for whatever reason, his voice works perfectly. So much so, that I'm going to have difficulty rolling another male Asuran at a later date.
    Whereas when I did a female Norn in the beta weekends, I got to the Norn intro cutscene and was wondering who the hell that voice was because it did NOT fit the character I'd just created.
    And I'm going to have to roll a female Sylvari at some point, just for Jennifer Hale.
    Last edited by DanielSF; 29-08-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Didn't quote the original post so making it clearer who I'm replying to

Quote Originally Posted by harvb View Post
    @zanchito, thanks for that mate, much appreciated.

Oh I knew there was something I meant to ask! Is there anyone out there willing to make some bags for me, please? I'm sure there are a bazillion other players wanting this too. Just tell me what I need to send you, and I will send you what I can.

I should actually learn!!!

Harb, let me point you towards our crafting requests Google spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3OTJsM0E#gid=0

Activated Node
    Oooh ta. I'll go do that now.
    Last edited by harvb; 29-08-2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Actually no, I'm too lazy to work out the materials required. I'll buy one from somewhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    It's Ivanova from Babylon 5. Also how dare you, it's Ivanova from Babylon 5!
    No way, Claudia Whatsername? She sucks at voice acting then.

Network Hub
    I won't say much as to the quality of the Charr voice acting(I gotta sound gruff and mean! Gravel voices for everyone!), but one thing I like is one of those little details they added while the Charr are talking - little slobbery noises that just kind of mesh in with the speech. They're not super-loud and obnoxious, but they're noticeable. And it's a sound like what you'll hear a dog make sometimes when they've got real loose jowls and they're chewing on a bone or trying to eat peanut butter. I dunno why, but that little touch just kinda tickled me.

I don't know, the writing is so bad I can't really appretiate any acting. The world of GW has lots of nice lore, but the actual story writing and dialogues are so generic and clichéd I actually think they did it on purpose!

Trading Post is online, albeit unstable. I managed to buy and sell a couple of items at least.

Something obvious I realised today, doing /kneel in front of a Norn shrine either confers a buff or triggers an event.

Even if you are a puny asuran?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Getting "you're not in the guild" chat issues for the first time :/
    I'm getting that right now. My first instinct was to restart the game, but then I started getting Error 42. I eventually got back in (running the game as administrator seemed to work) but I still cant speakin guild. Does this just happen arbitrarily?

Quote Originally Posted by sendmark View Post
    Something obvious I realised today, doing /kneel in front of a Norn shrine either confers a buff or triggers an event.
    That is so awesome. Really happy shrine kneeling has returned for the sequel! I thought with the introduction of new races making the human gods less important, they wouldn't bother. Now I will go kneeling at every shrine I find.

No way, Claudia Whatsername? She sucks at voice acting then.
    I freely admit the effect of my own rose-tinted glasses on this. I absolutely love the norn. Their culture is really interesting, and was heavily fleshed out in GW1. That GW2 hasn't done a brilliant job of highlighting this, through quest content or script or voice acting (especially compared to some other races), is disappointing but does not make me love them any less.
    Last edited by Screwie; 30-08-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boyspud View Post
    I'm getting that right now. My first instinct was to restart the game, but then I started getting Error 42. I eventually got back in (running the game as administrator seemed to work) but I still cant speakin guild. Does this just happen arbitrarily?
    I've not been able to speak in guild or see guild chat yet. Was about to ask if anyone else was getting the "Not in a guild" message. I can see the roster and online people, just not talk. Also, what do the "represent" and "stand down" buttons do?

Activated Node
    I *think* I've sussed the guild thing. It seems - for me anyway - that it's only if you're in the overflow. Soon as I'm in the main world it's fine.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthejuggler View Post
    I've not been able to speak in guild or see guild chat yet. Was about to ask if anyone else was getting the "Not in a guild" message. I can see the roster and online people, just not talk. Also, what do the "represent" and "stand down" buttons do?
    Youve got to hit represent to see chat. Its so you can be in a number of guilds at once, but you still can only be a 'part' of one at a time.

I got the dreaded password change email last night while I was out, but I can't change my password right now as that functionality has been disabled by ANet until they get authenticators online (source).

So my account's been poked by hackers. I have a pretty strong and unique password but if you see me in-game today before ~10pm, then that's not me and I've been hacked. Marvellous.

At least they're working on it.

Recommended action if you receive a password change email.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I got the dreaded password change email last night while I was out, but I can't change my password right now as that functionality has been disabled by ANet until they get authenticators online (source).

So my account's been poked by hackers. I have a pretty strong and unique password but if you see me in-game today before ~10pm, then that's not me and I've been hacked. Marvellous.

At least they're working on it.

Recommended action if you receive a password change email.
    Whoa, that's bad. Thanks for the headsup though, I've created a new email address that I'll use exclusively for my GW2 account and will adjust my account settings accordingly tonight.
    Forum janitor in training.