Page 13 of 217 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    In sPvP, meaning in the Heart of the Mists, you are automatically set to level 80 and get max equipment, as well as all skills and trait points and you can set your traits any way you like as long as you are not in the game.
    In WvW, you are also set to level 80, but only as far as the attributes go (all attributes scale with level). Your armor, weapons, skills and traits are the same as in PvE and you have to pay to reset your traits, just like you have to in PvE.

Obscure Node
    So I take it not as many people are playing gw2 right now?

shall we announce a date to announce when we can get a large group going?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    So I take it not as many people are playing gw2 right now?
    I have noticed exponentially less people on as of late. Just throwing it out there, but am I not the only one that feels no itch to log in and play whatsoever?

I Log in occasionally to do the daily achievement & some WvW
    GW2: Malfious - Elementalist

I didn't play for a week or so because I had seriously overdone it. Now I log in to check if someone is doing dungeons, or we're not getting slaughtered in WvW, or someone wants to play a tourney. I still have to complete Orr, too.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I've been distracted by darksiders 2 and xcom but should be popping back a bit more for some spvp.
    New builds to try and all that.

I'm still enjoying the game - probably being an altaholic helps - though the reduced activity of the guild is making it hard to get a group going for dungeons during the time I'm typically online (euro day) and sticking to open PvE for most of the time is likely going to burn me out eventually.

It's a pity ArenaNet has not implemented alliances like in the first Guild Wars, a common chat channel would probably help putting together groups without having to go the PUG way.
    No stone left unturned. No tree left unpruned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    I'm still enjoying the game - probably being an altaholic helps - though the reduced activity of the guild is making it hard to get a group going for dungeons during the time I'm typically online (euro day) and sticking to open PvE for most of the time is likely going to burn me out eventually.

It's a pity ArenaNet has not implemented alliances like in the first Guild Wars, a common chat channel would probably help putting together groups without having to go the PUG way.
    I enjoy the fact that there's no rush to do anything and I can bide my time... I still have on the list 100% map completion, leveling the mesmer, doing more spvp, doing more wvw.... but most of all I suffer because there is no organized way to get groups going for story/explorable modes.

I still haven't done anything past AC/CM/TA and even those are not explored completely. I have two mates that want to do the same thing, but when we tried to fill up the group from /g nobody answered.

PS And all of this in a working man's hours (meaning evening and/or weekends) .... when I'd have figured more would be available for such things.

I still haven't done anything past AC/CM/TA and even those are not explored completely. I have two mates that want to do the same thing, but when we tried to fill up the group from /g nobody answered.
    Add me ingame as Urraca Aldor, I'm pretty much always available for dungeon/WvW/sPvP stuff. If I am online, that is.

Obscure Node
    well, it happened by accident but we had a whole bunch of people (still) playing tonight; a few split-off to do dungeons, the rest did some short pve then wvw. must've been 15ish tonight? relatively not a great number but it was pretty fun.

mumble got some use too, it makes everything much easier so try to get on if you can

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    mumble got some use too, it makes everything much easier so try to get on if you can
    I'll second that. It is really difficult to communicate across parties without voice chat, especially in WvWvW where everything is hectic and plans change on short notice. Even if you don't have a working mic, download mumble and listen in to the chitchat, it makes life so much easier. Having said that, yesterday evening's session was great for me, even although we didn't get any big things done.

That experience in the jumping puzzle reminded me of the need of a halfway organized RPS-zerg to tackle the challenge of the dark room and other spots that regularly get camped by nasty people. I am still rubbish at PvP, but if there are enough of us we can make it, I am sure!

I haven't really been feeling the urge to log in at the moment but with the release of xcom and dishonored I pretty much expected that. I figure interest will spike again when they release the holiday stuff and people finish with all the other new games that have been coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Salix View Post
    I haven't really been feeling the urge to log in at the moment but with the release of xcom and dishonored I pretty much expected that. I figure interest will spike again when they release the holiday stuff and people finish with all the other new games that have been coming out.
    It's funny, for me it is the other way around. XCOM was a bit of a disappointment for me with all the bugs present so I always hesitate to start that game up (I might end up getting my team wiped without being able to do anything about it and get frustrated).

GW2 on the other hand is a nice and quick distraction for me, even if it is only for 15-30 minutes. I started to play some alt-characters and found Mesmers to be lovely in WvWvW.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    It's funny, for me it is the other way around. XCOM was a bit of a disappointment for me with all the bugs present so I always hesitate to start that game up (I might end up getting my team wiped without being able to do anything about it and get frustrated).
    Heh, I'm the opposite, since XCOM came out I've played nothing but that, 45 hours in 6 days

Fully intend to get back into GW2 soon though, it's so nice to not feel compelled to play because of a subscription. I think I've clocked up well over 200 hours and still not reached level 80 so plenty left to do!

I'm sure you will all have seen this on your facetwitters before you come here when you get up, but it looks like it will be a whole heap of fun https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I have also been playing pretty much nothing but xcom since its release.

Will certainly be around for the halloween bits though and hopefully getting back into some pvp in that time as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I started on the Xcom tutorial last night, thinking I would just get a taster for the controls then start a new game another day. 3 hours later...

Between Blood Bowl commitments and catching up on TV I missed, I haven't played GW2 since I got back from my holiday on Monday. Looking forward to playing a bit this weekend. And I will definitely be playing on Monday night, yay Mad King Thorn!

Can't wait to see what all the Halloween-themed weapon skins look like

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFizz View Post
    I'm sure you will all have seen this on your facetwitters before you come here when you get up, but it looks like it will be a whole heap of fun https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012
    And suddenly Black Lion Chests shot up in value on the TP. According to the official forums it went from half a million of them listed for sale to just 95k listed overnight.

Obscure Node
    ^predictable wasn't it? I have a key saved up though

+

Pink Day in LA tomorrow from 6PM BST

Pastel Pink ftw

http://pinkday.gamergivingback.com/
    Last edited by Magnetic; 19-10-2012 at 08:55 PM.

I am back from 3+ weeks holiday (woo!)

Got muchos TV I want to catch up on but will arrange some guild WvW action soonish