Page 25 of 214 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    -- Orange swords in WvW won't show if there are less than ~25 people after February's update
    Actually, that sounds pretty scary. 15 golems at Bay. "Lol, it's the Quaggans."

Are the login servers down at the mo, or is it my connection playing up?

I think it's the servers, read something like that on reddit earlier (I'm totally not at work...).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    -- Orange swords in WvW won't show if there are less than ~25 people after February's update
    Gah, the orange swords will be practically useless then - you could go on a 6 golem rampage and they still wouldn't show.

-- Modifications to the commander book are coming-- Guild missions will take place in Southsun Cove :-|
    well at least it will get used.

That's okay, then, the Remastered DVDs of Blackaddar have been sitting on my desk waiting for this opportunity (plus I need to work out how I'm getting to Belgium weekend after next).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    PvE event next week that looks fun: http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/threads/9...-mini-dungeons
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Good call, mind the gem prices though if you are planning to buy them with gold - they generally spike pretty quickly after sales have been announced.

Serious QQing on the official forums about that, accusing Anet of false advertising because the gold-to-bank slots ratio hasn't gone down by 20%. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Go with the laughing, makes the (Fri)day (even) better.

Serious QQing on the official forums about that, accusing Anet of false advertising because the gold-to-bank slots ratio hasn't gone down by 20%. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.
    This made my day.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Activated Node
    1 day to new content update! If they keep what they promised! \o/
    John Thorns, Rakel, Elizia Crow, Shiro Kanjo, Edda Swan, Eril Stenr - kinjru.2439

I am also quite excited, mostly because it has been a while since the last patch and a growing number of small issues with the game start to annoy me. I think it is not realistic to expect any big changes, like improvements to the player culling in WvW, but some smaller bugs with skills and profession mechanics shouldn't be too hard to iron out I think.

Yeah, I'm looking forward especially to the TP preview system. Will be interesting to see if we get many balance changes this time around -- perhaps the much-feared AoE nerf? Well shall see.

Oh, and not forgetting the update to the AC bosses. Should be an interesting indication of the wider changes we can expect for dungeons in the near future. My guess: the bosses will be harder.

Odds of a CoF p1 farm nerf?
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 25-02-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Hah, I would almost expect a change to CoF P1, as it is right now, this stands out way too much as a money making machine. What's this AOE nerf you mentioned? I thought limiting effects to five targets is bad enough as is?

For me, the most important things to fix are skill and trait bugs, along with the horrible culling issues in WvW. A change to the ridiculous stealth mechanics, or alternatively a nerf to the silly backstab Thief builds (which allow Thieves to engage, burst damage, disengage with low risk of actually dying) would also be welcome.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Hah, I would almost expect a change to CoF P1, as it is right now, this stands out way too much as a money making machine. What's this AOE nerf you mentioned? I thought limiting effects to five targets is bad enough as is?

For me, the most important things to fix are skill and trait bugs, along with the horrible culling issues in WvW. A change to the ridiculous stealth mechanics, or alternatively a nerf to the silly backstab Thief builds (which allow Thieves to engage, burst damage, disengage with low risk of actually dying) would also be welcome.
    Noo, there shall not be any nerfs to the backstab thief! I wouldn't see anyway of that happening. Just look at warriors, a capable warrior downs you a lot faster than a thief and also gets away with it! I hope they won't change the stealth mechanics, it is like destroying the whole profession! Haft to admit, there is always complaints when it comes to thieves and rogues, stealth in general. The complaints never stopped in wow. Personally, I love my backstab thief. <3
    John Thorns, Rakel, Elizia Crow, Shiro Kanjo, Edda Swan, Eril Stenr - kinjru.2439

Oh, I am sure it is lots of fun to play, at least for a while. One of the problems with stealth at the moment is the abuse of culling it allows when your character comes out of stealth. Also, hitting people for a ton of damage is ok with me, you can only pull it off really well when you neglect your defense. Which in turn makes you vulnerable. But that's not how it is with the Thief at the moment. You can attack people with backstab, steal from them instantly, spam heartseeker a few times and then stealth again with very little risk of getting a lot of damage in return.

Furthermore, the comparison to the Warrior isn't really fitting, since you can see those approach. Everyone and their grandmother can predict what follows after a Bull's Charge, but there is little you can do against invisible players that can escape and reset the engagement whenever they want.

Edit: Just search youtube for 1vsX videos of "pro" Thief players. You'll find quite a lot. Warriors? Not so many. Coincidence?
    Last edited by Squiz; 25-02-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Activated Node
    What you need is a lot of rubbish thieves, like me.

Activated Node
    @squirrel, warrior! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHgkx2w4LrY
    almost makes me wanna do a warrior but I'm waiting for a new race for my warrior!

edit: that epic music! 4:50
    Last edited by John; 25-02-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Warrior unbalance is mostly limited to PvE - as evidenced by the fact that min-maxers love their 4 warrior plus 1 mesmer groups for CoF. And all it would take is a Hundred Blades nerf to undermine that... (well, maybe not just that.)