Page 30 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
    Yeah, it's incredible that you actually don't have a guaranteed new dye with those kits, talk about vague labeling of random number generator-based items.

There is also this new mining pick that has infinite uses of orichalcum quality, character bound, of course. The gem prices won't be coming down soon, will they?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    It's pretty evident that their retail strategy involves keeping revenue constand (and with it gem demand) by adding regular new items. It's smart.

But even though the basic idea is smart, they keep shooting themselves in the foot. I'm sure more people would buy these kits if they were solely composed of the new dyes.

I don't understand their obsession with selling RNG for real money. Why not simply sell the F&F skins one-by-one, rather than adding tokens to the RNG Black Lion chests? I don't understand why the simple Quaggan Backpack model can't just apply to everything.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Get your friends to give GW2 a try for free this weekend: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/t...d-april-19-21/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Ok, being at work bored really makes me sad and dreamy. Checked out lot's of theory stuff for classes I've chosen and I can't find decent warrior condition build that would be nicely supported. Probably will have to scrap warrior off the list.
    For now plans would be getting Guardian up, Engie, I do want to smack some people with tools, and having second thoughts about mesmers honestly, the utility skills sound weak and most of the weapons feel bad for that class for me, only greatsword stood out, and not as good as Guardian GS honestly. Prolly will sacrifice warrior for a ranger and mesmer for necro/ele those seem to be more interesting classes and felt better to play with unlike Mesrior.

My guardian is still fun to play and do love to make her a cliche angel like character.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 17-04-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

I think it is pretty important to play the classes you enjoy the most, so I can understand your plan to scrap a character or two (I deleted my Mesmer a while back because I needed the slot, but going to give it another go soon). In fact, there are a few condition damage based Warrior builds out there, but they tend to require "Rabid" equipment, which is still pretty expensive to acquire (here's a link to a build that seemed kind of popular a while back).

The Mesmer is a pretty potent class, however I have heard that it picks up momentum after level 40, when you have enough trait points to create nice synergy effects with your illusions/phantasms. So the first levels may not be representative of the experience you'll get at higher levels.

If you are looking for someone to play with at lower levels, just give me a shout, I'll probably have some low level character to join you.

Network Hub
    I can vouch that mesmers can get pretty powerful. My general call on the class is that no one should ever land a blow on you, always being distracted by clones, blinded or unable to hit you because you are in another dimension at the time. Add to that a stack of condition damage, loads of interrupts and you have a very annoying opponent indeed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Invisibility and teleport are also very cool

My Mes is my second highest class, I've found it difficult to find a natural rhythm with it that I did with my Guardian. I'm still playing with builds and stuff but I seem to like a shatterer build, but I still find it somewhat difficult to deal with large groups or output large amounts of confusion.

But I love playing it in WvW, totally kicks ass there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    It's not that I found it bad class or lackluster, it's just, I don't find his skills apealing to my concept of playing GW2. It is probably first impressions, but I just can't shake a feeling.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

I do love my mesmer. Whether it's glamor/confusion for zerg farming, soldier's build for tanking, condition/clones or phantams for small group fights, or shattter spec (especially any variant of Osicat's specs on the official forum) for pretty much anything.

So it's patch day again next week. What do we know? (Apart from F&F: Retribution, which I don't have high hopes for based on this month's bland content.)

Devs have confirmed that we'll see the first PvE/WvW skill splits this month. I think this is a good thing and opens up many possibilities for balance. For instance, it allows for GS warriors to be nerfed for PvE whilst leaving them in tact for WvW (where they aren't that useful anyway). Similarly other classes can be buffed for PvE without ruining the balance of WvW. I suspect we'll only see relatively small tweaks this month, but fingers crossed that they will be a step in the right direction. (Will be interesting to see how this split connects to the long-promised AoE nerf, too.)

What about dungeons? Last month was notable for containing precisely zero substantive changes to dungeon content, which was a surprise after the AC revamp in February. I'll be disappointed if we get nothing again this time -- I'd like to see something at least as significant as the AC revamp next week. CM and TA, the next logical steps, are both sorely in need of some retuning. Two months should be long enough to do at least one of those.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    ArenaNet will not nerf greatsword warriors in PvE. It would accomplish nothing except make some ranger players feel a little bit better about themselves.

I see the confusion and grenade nerfs from sPvP come over to WvW. At least that's what would make sense, not that I want them to.

I seem to remember a dev admitting that 100b was overtuned in PvE. Maybe I read too much into it...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    This 'overtuned' business needs to stop. It's too hard or too strong, and that's that.

Have had silly luck with dyes using pvp unidentified dyes (which you can get from mystic forge using salvaged pvp material - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_crafting_materials).

Yesterday I got a white dye, midnight blue and some decent 10 silver ones. Today I got a celestial dye to sell.

Highly recommended as a thing to spend glory on / do something with pvp rewards other than bank them.

Well now we know more:

-- new single-path* dungeon, 'Molten Weapon Facility' (apparently the boss battle will "go down in GW2 history". Hmm...)
    -- spectator mode and custom arenas in sPvP
    -- one new guild rush, several new guild trek locations
    -- a few new WvW abilities.

Presumably the new dungeon puts paid to any hopes of a revamp/serious fixes to any existing dungeons.

*Although it sounds like it will have some aspects of randomization when you rerun it.
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 23-04-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Well now we know more:

-- new single-path* dungeon, 'Molten Weapon Facility' (apparently the boss battle will "go down in GW2 history". Hmm...)
    -- spectator mode and custom arenas in sPvP
    -- one new guild rush, several new guild trek locations
    -- a few new WvW abilities.

Presumably the new dungeon puts paid to any hopes of a revamp/serious fixes to any existing dungeons.

*Although it sounds like it will have some aspects of randomization when you rerun it.
    The bolded line is the best bit of news I got out of those announcements. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that these features were added but hopefully the new instance won't be the only thing they do with dungeons this month (I would also happily forgo the new WvW abilities if I could get some further fixes or new features instead).

Edit: Ok, my previous excitement over custom arenas has taken a small hit. Taken from the article over here:

"Things I know, for example, include that arena starter kits and time tokens will be available through the gem store. The starter kit will, as you may have guessed, allow you to set up your arena. It also comes with a month of time for your custom space. Time tokens will be necessary to keep your arena open after that month. Anybody can contribute time to an arena; if you're splitting with your guild, or you spend a lot of time in someone's arena and want to help out, you can totally just apply your time token to it and be good to go."

Expect gem store prices to explode. Even further. Why couldn't they have made that a one-time purchase or at least a set price for renting servers outside the gem store? Now it affects everything sold there.

Oh, and the dungeon will only be accessible for a limited period of time (but is promised to contain new loot, possibly also only available during that time?), so prepare your farming gear...

Edit edit: Also, this image makes me cringe:

That guy again. Enemies with tons of stuns or knock-down skills are the least fun thing you can add to a game where things like Stability are a rather rare blessing.
    Last edited by Squiz; 23-04-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Indeed. There are already too many enemies in this game which can incapacitate you for ~6 seconds at a time through knockdown, and they are no fun at all to fight.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Oh bloody hell, I hate the "time limited" stuff.

If something's good it deserves to be a permanent addition to the game.
    I mean we certainly need more content, especially on the PVE side.

The spvp stuff looks a little unsettling tied in to the shop but I guess we'll have to see how it goes. I share squirrel's concern over the gem prices shooting up especially when various things in the shop seem somewhat overcosted or too random to get what you want to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    I share squirrel's concern over the gem prices shooting up especially when various things in the shop seem somewhat overcosted or too random to get what you want to begin with.
    Let's hope that Arenanet is done with adding random number generator dependent items to the gem store for a while. I mean, imagine someone bought some of those ice & flame dye packs with real money, only to find out that they were out of luck and didn't get a single guaranteed new dye.