Page 50 of 185 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3687
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Well we made it and since I had 1 million Karma on my mesmer I decided to blow it on obsidian boxes, here are the results:

karma.jpg
    The orange potion is a hard potion in case you are wondering and the blue things were 1G25s per 250 at the merchant
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 07-07-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Network Hub
    A plan? What a novel concept!
    That was quite fun, we topped out at 2 parties, though only 3 of us eventually made it to the target location.

Tomorrow is patch day and the aesthetically challenged Aetherblades will aeventually aevaporate, hopefully for aever. Until then, I still want to loot their dungeon. Anyone interested in joining me tonight, let's say 8pm UK time?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Alas, I cannot attend tonight, but I applaud your punning
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Sorry yargh and I can't either tonight.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ae mae bae aeble tae maeke aet taenaet.
    Oh ffs, this punning just makes me sound like a Scotsman with a speech impediment, and it's driving my spellchecker up the wall.
    happy to join you if I'm on, but may be nearer 8.30, but no worries if you fill the party earlier.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Network Hub
    I could be tempted to try this dungeon again. Last time was.... less then successful and I want my revenge.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Ae mae bae aeble tae maeke aet taenaet.
    Oh ffs, this punning just makes me sound like a Scotsman with a speech impediment, and it's driving my spellchecker up the wall.
    happy to join you if I'm on, but may be nearer 8.30, but no worries if you fill the party earlier.
    No worries, 8:30pm is just as good. See you tonight!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Make sure to spend all your remaining Zhaitaffy on food at the merchant. Sorted by importance, he has food with lifesteal on crit, condition duration, magic find, and +5% karma, so most of the popular choices.

I don't know what ArenaNet were thinking devaluing the handful remaining craftable useful food items for months to come, but there you go.

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    Well we made it and since I had 1 million Karma on my mesmer I decided to blow it on obsidian boxes, here are the results:

karma.jpg
    The orange potion is a hard potion in case you are wondering and the blue things were 1G25s per 250 at the merchant
    What is the scary face thingey?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    What is the scary face thingey?
    Mini risen priest.
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

cool stuff, a new zone, I like that, it seems a lot for only a 2 week window, specially since a lot of people are starting to be on holidays around this time of the year (like myself)

The zone is around for 4 weeks, and I guess the other activities will be too.

Pretty meaty patch considering how much we've had in the last few weeks. Their turnaround on large updates is getting pretty impressive. Now bring on some interesting story, please...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thoughts. Good stuff:

Scavenger hunt - sounds fun, particularly the ninja 3D stuff. My thief is excited already
    Minigames - not all are my cup of tea, but generally I approve
    New crafting
    Achievement point rewards. Fairly simple, flexible, no new currencies, some nicish skins
    Backpieces - wow!
    radiant armour quite tasty too

Bad stuff:
    Time limited zone - why oh why! 4 weeks is better than 2, but there really is no excuse
    Zhaitaffy now has a use. Huge TP price swing incoming, and revealing this after folk have disposed of it all is really ****ty
    Another achievement in EB jumping puzzle.
    Last edited by Xanadu; 08-07-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Yeah, I think we're stuck with this temporary content trend for the foreseeable future. Unless/until they start to sense that people are playing *less* because they can't be bothered to invest time in temporary content, anet will continue to believe that the best way to keep their revenue streams constant is regular new content that people *have* to log in for on pain of missing it.

I agree, though, that this undermines one of the central benefits of a non-subscription MMO: that is, the feeling that you don't *need* to play all the time because you're not paying a monthly fee. The way things are now, one feels this obligation to play very regularly out of fear of missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Zhaitaffy now has a use. Huge TP price swing incoming, and revealing this after folk have disposed of it all is really ****ty
    I hate hate hate it when they do stuff like this. Grrr, I've just spent several thousands of Z. on food. Not the worst scenario by far I guess, but still... GRRR.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    They did admit that due to feedback they're going to focus less on temporary content. This may turn out to mean little in the grand scheme but hopefully it's a start.

The temporary content is imo the worst thing in the game atm and creates a really static world, you go away for 2 months and due to everything being temporary the only that's changed is that a few more people have weird backpacks.

But I do like the look of the achievement rewards and this event does look amusing, but there's no reason at all it has to go away again. This all looks perfect for a permanent additional zone for those that like jumping puzzly bits.

He's a video overview to go with the dulfy stuff.

The Bizzare of the Four Winds.

I agree and disagree, the only problem I have is for the time limit that was 2 weeks but a month I can live with. But I also feel that my money has been invested wisely into something that renews itself without having to pay a fee for an add on.
    People keep saying things like: "when are they introducing achievement prizes, when are they doing the quests for the precursors?" and then the same people moan about new things coming in.
    Yes the story could be better I think we all agree on that and the interlink between them should be permanent so I kinda get that they want zhaitaffies to be useful for the next stuff to come but that's cosmetic and they should rather keep influencing the world a bit more.