Page 51 of 217 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 4331
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I guess that they have to monetize the game somehow. You can't keep servers running indefinitely, let alone pay for any additional content, based on one initial payment. As the subscription model is dead apart from for WoW and niche games like Eve, then this means paid for expansions and/or micro transactions. Having read the article about F2P in yesterday's Sunday papers, it could be a LOT worse. If content was all permanent, there would be less of an incentive for folk to log in regularly: I could take that month away from the game to play mass effect 3, skyrim, tomb raider or the next Dragon Age. That's a month I'm not spending in their store, and there's a chance that I might not come back if I did.

In future I think I'll adopt a more Zen like attitude. ANet aren't doing this because they're evil, or stupid, but because its their business model. I don't need, or have the capacity to play all the content and get all the achievements, and I'm kidding myself if I think otherwise. As much as the OCD in me likes completing all the content, if I'm honest it's far more fun to mess around in WvW, guild missions or fractals with you lot. A lot of the time my fun playing will coincide with new content, but I'm going to focus on enjoying some of it rather than grinding to do it all, failing, then whining about it.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

That sounds indeed like a healthy attitude.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    The Bizzare of the Four Winds.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Some bugfixes and a warrior buff.

Also:
    Siege blueprints are no longer account-bound and can now be mailed to other players and traded on the Trading Post. Players who already have any siege blueprints and want the tradable version can either obtain another or use the one they have and then use the “2” skill to pack it up again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    If that includes superior siege, I expect to see much more of that from now on.

Also: chaos armor nerf.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Patch is up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    New quartz material looks interesting. My Ele already runs Celestial trinkets, and the opportunity to get Celestial armour is appealing.

Not sure what other classes this might be useful for. You need to do both regular and condition damage, be a bit squisshy, as well as heal to be worthwhile. It's never going to replace zerk for high end pve, but as the total stats are better than any other type, it makes sense for a jack of all trades type build.

Sigil of Paralyzation: This sigil no longer impacts fear duration. Well that was a waste of gold then...
    Last edited by Xanadu; 09-07-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Oh, that's why the price of those sigils had risen so much on the TP. It all makes sense.

SPOILER ALERT: the election will have interesting consequences...
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...basket/caz3yej
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 09-07-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    SPOILER ALERT: the election will have interesting consequences...
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...basket/caz3yej
    Well, that's an easy decision...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Well, that's an easy decision...
    Says you, I'll wait and sit on it.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

WP's somewhat pessimistic (but convincing) assesment of living world/temporary content:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwjqkE8Ncyg

But this post from Colin does make me a little more optimistic (specifically the reassurance that most people are working on non-living world updates). We'll see what they say at the end of July.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rm-GW2/2377352
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 10-07-2013 at 07:47 AM.

I feel that I need to rectify/clarify my statements about the new content: The market area is a pretty sight and actually fun to explore. The movement skills provide quite a bit of freedom (especially the lightning bounce / #3) and there is a surprising amount of vertical movement involved.

However, I still think that the new achievement UI is a step backwards. It is more cluttered than the previous one and doesn't really add a whole lot of useful functionality, apart maybe from the announced increase in trackable achievements.

Since the patch came out only yesterday, I didn't have much time yet to get a complete overview of all the new stuff. Quartz seems a bit useless to me personally, at least in its current form/functionality. As it is right now, it only serves to create armor pieces with a stat combination that has only niche functionality, since there are very few builds that benefit from the wild spread of stats. It is quite possible/probable that Quartz will see some further use down the line; introducing a new ressource for just one set of armor seems a bit over the top. Right now, I am selling all the Quartz I come across, as the price will only decrease for the foreseeable future.

What's more to say? I've read somewhere that the Bazaar will stay around for four weeks, so I am not sure if that's enough to call it an improvement over the two week the Aetherblades got for their show. As I've said above, the market area is pretty to look at and definitely more lovingly crafted than the bland AB dungeon. A shame that it will leave us soon again. Oh and one last thing - apparently the lesson that PvE achievement content should stay out of PvP zones frequented by griefers hasn't completely sunk it yet. Let's hope this is the last time we have to visit the WvW jumping puzzle to get a time-limited achievement.

Edit: Maybe I am wrong with my initial assessment of the Quartz prices. After the Zephyr Sanctum has left, the only source of Quartz will be the node in the home instances. So maybe prices will rise again lateron. Maybe.
    Last edited by Squiz; 10-07-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Network Hub
    tbh the biggest revenue stream from this patch would appear to be the siege blueprints. As of 9pm last night when i logged normal prints where down to a 3rd of the price the vendor sells them to you. Might see more bodies in wvw farming the JP's for more plans, and badges. Superior not sure where they ended but Omega golems where going for 2g a pop.

There might be a bit of a spike in the mats for making the superior siege as well.

Still good new for the wvw'ers with reduced costs for siege. Agree that the quartz is essentially nill value as it is so easy to collect, i see there being massive stocks of it still after the market has moved on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    re quartz I agree it will probably end up cheap.
    Question I was thinking is are the celestial exotics salvageable?
    definitely cheaper for exotics than the T6 mats route though, though demand for the Celestial likely to be low

re new content I found the new jumping mechanics a tad hard, though I was only trying it very late when quite tired and assume i'll get used to it. Think I'll have a stab at the scavenger hunt (got the one in fractals yesterday) tonight after the guild events if anyone is interested

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I was going to try the scavenger hunt tonight as well so we can get something together I'm sure.

I did get my 40 crystals and in the end there's a couple I didn't manage to get to but most of them were fairly easy with a little practice at it and this goes for the goggles as well.

You just have to be clever with the lightning jump a lot of the time, it will manage to send you upwards somewhat so aiming at higher beams can be very useful in places.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Yargh and I are going to be on holidays from Friday and tomorrow I am going out so I won't be playing pass tonight and then back the 21st/22nd. We will monitor the forums though and I have the game on my laptop for quick checks. Have fun in the meantime
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Hope you both have a good time!

Enjoy your holidays!

We met someone with Duke's sense of fashion today:

And as Yargz said, he's a right tosser!

Here's a list of the achievement rewards up to 10.000 points: http://i.imgur.com/Lp8VDLg.jpg

Taken from this discussion thread on reddit.