Page 60 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 3895
    Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Jubilee details:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...ugust-06-2013/

Of note:

• Account wide wallet - now all chars share gold, karma, etc. and most importantly dungeon/fractal/etc. tokens go in here \o/
    • Dungeon reward changes, 1-3 gold per unique run. 50s for a story run.
    • Scaling particle effects
    • Champion reward chests
    • New crafting bits (runes/sigils mentioned)
    • Solo arena mode vs boses (temporary)
    • PvP Solo queue
    Last edited by apricotsoup; 30-07-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Some surprisingly good stuff in there, with the wallet and the scaling particle effects being the most notable (for me at least). I wonder if the particle effects can be regulated with a slider, too? Would be a shame if we don't get impressive screenshots full of firestorms and purple mesmerspells going off. I also would expect the PvP solo queue to be a pretty big thing, but let's wait and see how well it works.

Edit: Slighty worried about the new grind, Watchwork stuff. "You might even find the recipe to assemble a Watchwork Portal Device, allowing you to create a personal portal!" Sounds like a very handy feature, but no idea how it will work in-game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    The wallet! The wallet!

"Keep all of your currencies in one easy-to-find location! This Wallet holds dungeon tokens, coins, karma, laurels, Guild Commendations, Fractal Relics, Badges of Honor, gems, and glory and makes them accessible to any character on your account. Upon logging in with each unique character for the first time after the Wallet has gone live, that character will have all of their currencies deposited into the account-wide collection."

Thank the Gods!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

The wallet has some interesting implications for karma management across characters. Now you can use one character with the karmic infusion to drink all the karma potions you get and still use the karma on another toon. Neat!

Also, my bank space just increased by ~10-15 slots.

Network Hub
    All praise the wallet! It better have room for more than 250 tokens of any type or my inventory woes will barely be affected

The new dungeon rewards will be interesting to see.

Each day when you finish a unique path for any explorable or story dungeon, you’ll receive a bonus reward for completion—1 to 3 gold for explorable dungeons depending on their length and difficulty, 50 silver for story dungeons
    For one thing, it'll be interesting to see how well arenanet know their dungeons -- there's a decent chance that some easy ones will be rated difficult, and/or vice versa. It'll also be interesting to see what the new mixmax dungeon trail will be. Here's hoping it will be something other than CoF1>CoF1>CoF1>CoF1 ...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Probably not of any interest to those of you currently in guild, unless you have a burning need for a second account, or want a cheaper route into more than 5 characters, but spotted GW2 on Savygamer for 16.99 which is half the price I've seen it for before.
    if you have any friends sitting on the fence who might want to join up...
    http://savygamer.co.uk/2013/07/30/gu...rs-2-pc-16-99/
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Network Hub
    Once you complete the Queen’s Jubilee meta achievement, you’ll receive a miniature Watchknight, modeled after the Queen’s new mechanical sentinels, to follow you into battle.

Like mechanical sentinels have ever been a success, I'm expecting robots to run amock, eventually.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My thoughts exactly, Yargh.
    Frankenstein, Skynet, the Matrix, Daleks, Cylons, Replicants, Sentinels...

and for when it all goes wrong, I blame Logan.

All hail our new mechanical overlords.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    hurray for the wallet, boo for another bloody festival.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    Like mechanical sentinels have ever been a success
    The Asura would like a word with you, you silly bookah.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlupius3 View Post
    That's actually a good point. How come the Humans are able to construct FRIGGIN ROBOT SOLDIERS when golem technology is something that only the Asuran have the knowledge of? The Living Story doesn't even make sense from a lore perspective.

Edit: Even the Charr would have been a more likely candidate for advanced technology breakthroughs, but Humans? Meh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Humans took all of their technology from the Charr to make carussels and toys with clockwork and steam. This is just the next step.

The rapier will drop from champions: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2522028

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlupius3 View Post
    Like hell they would, over half the beginning Asura story mode quests are to do with malfunctioning golems (I may have exagerated for effect).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Golems are magic, anyway.

So the new "personal portal" is a craftable consumable that gives you a skill like mesmer portal. Its recipe is very rare and hard to craft. You can't use it in WvW or sPvP...so I guess this will just be useful for jumping puzzles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Golems are magic, anyway.
    Any sufficiently advanced science is indistinguishable from magic, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Can someone please play the game for me and then send me a padded envelope by courier of the fun memories and any gear they picked up please as these meeting is a bit boring...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I just discovered a couple of short stories that give some back story to the contenders in the election, if the bribes and fractals don't tempt you to one of them, perhaps having some back story will.

Ellen Keil
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a...en-met-magnus/

Evon Gnashbalde
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...de-disembarks/
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera