Page 79 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 4177
    Network Hub
    That Razor is my new goal. It may take me way too much time and far too many resources, but I will one day wield it.

On the matter of the letter: I agree that it is silly and stupid beyond belief. Queen Jennah must have picked the dumbest writers in all of Tyria, since she basically says none of the other races did anything to stop the invasions, as well as calling the Asura and Sylvari uncivilised:

Our collective response to that unprovoked attack demonstrates humanity’s resilience
    (italics added by me)

Her [Scarlet's] hostility to civilized societies is painfully clear.
    She attacked Divinity's Reach and the Human sovereign. She attacked area's that are populated by (but not the main residential areas of) Charr and Norn. Scarlet never attacked the Asuran or Sylvari homelands, even though some might be caught in the chaos. And that's not even mentioning the lesser races that, as far as I know, were never in more danger than they already are. Was it really that hard for Arenanet to look up the type of careful phrasing people in power use to not offend too many? If you want to make a living world, at least make the characters behave as if they are in a living world.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Crafting disciplines now only give 7 levels for 0-400: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._7_levels_for/

Glad I leveled all my alts already.

Also, karma income from dailies and monthlies has taken a serious hit. If you were starting from scratch now, it would take a long long time to get enough for a full temple set or a legendary.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    THis is fetting worse and worse
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Josh Foreman seems to have been convinced on the forums that world 2 is too hard. Sounds like he'll make it easier. Haven't tried it yet; what are people's impressions?

Also there seems to be some hidden story, or something. Did anyone find this yet?
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...tto-Wortt-Nimb
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 04-09-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Yeah the karma is reduced so much it seems weird now, sure removing all the little drips and drops from boxes and dungeons is good but why is the daily down to an unboostable 600 now from an unboosted 5k? Oo

Glad I'm sitting on way over a million but people setting out to get new things are gonna be unhappy I guess.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Blew all mine on Orrian boxes last month. 300k left. I guess with recent changes then a karma temple armour set is less important than it was, as other ways of getting exotic armour relatively cheaply. Not good if its your first character though. For legendaries it was mainly for obsidian shards, and there are some other ways of getting those now (laurels etc) but I'm disappointed you can't do with SAB this time round, there doesn't seem to be a use for baubles apart from SAB related skins etc.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    What's your specific criticism with sPvP? I mean, it certainly has issues, but could you give some details?
    My main complaint is that it's not GW1 style PvP, basically. I played GW1 in a fairly high-ranked GvG guild, and the wealth of different tactics, builds and personal skill that could be seen there, I don't see in GW2. I sometimes test a build I want to use for WvW in sPvP first, to see if it's viable in small-scale combat, and I do have fun, but I don't find it satisfying in the long run.

SAB is quite fun, really looking forward to getting bombs and finding hidden rooms and such.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Tribulation Mode: What's easy and obvious? The wrong way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    interesting, gw2.crafting.net suggests that getting your crafting disciplines from 400 to 500 could cost over 200 gold and require 120 ectos (this is assuming you had nothing to start with and bought everything off the TP). Of course this doesn't include discovering the Ascended materials, so the last 50 should be quite a bit cheaper.

Anyone got a discipline up to 500 yet?
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

I'm at 462 weaponsmithing. I got up to 450 by rediscovering Berserker weapons for alts and the last couple of levels came from refining new materials. You don't discover the new materials, all of them are unlocked automatically. It's much more expensive to get up to 500, but I still have plenty of materials to refine before I can build the inscription and weapon, so we'll see.

Edit:
    Another thing for tribulation mode: I just bought the infinite continue coin with all of my remaining gold after using up the 20 regular ones I had on zone 1. That should tell you everything.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 04-09-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar

Don't fancy buying the continue coin just for this, so I'll be skipping Tribulation mode.

Well I did it in half, so I'm better.

Edit: No wait I didn't. 120 or so it must have been.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 04-09-2013 at 12:14 PM.

I loved SAB when it first came out. Now I hate it because if you want to get far you're basically required to buy the Infinite Continue Coin for 600 gems. People on the official forums are even claiming that the infantile mode is kitten hard.

I'm afraid I'm having less and less fun in the game yet again. :S

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Crafting disciplines now only give 7 levels for 0-400: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._7_levels_for/

Glad I leveled all my alts already.
    Fuu! I was waiting for my Experience scroll (I'm at 4900 something Achievement points now) to level up my alt somewhat cheaper to 80 and my plan has just failed!
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqubb...r_embedded#t=4

I have to say, that looks bloody awful :/

I guess as long as they didn't devote an entire time to it that's a thing, but this is absolutely nothing to do with anything that made me buy this game.

Add to this the continue coins and the infinite one that comes from that seem like bad design to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    My main complaint is that it's not GW1 style PvP, basically. I played GW1 in a fairly high-ranked GvG guild, and the wealth of different tactics, builds and personal skill that could be seen there, I don't see in GW2. I sometimes test a build I want to use for WvW in sPvP first, to see if it's viable in small-scale combat, and I do have fun, but I don't find it satisfying in the long run.
    Ah yes, I completely agree. Just a few days before I briefly played GW1 again which brought back tons of memories from those days. I recall watching GvG tournaments every now and then with a cup of coffee in hand which was really exciting. Now people meet in WvW to bash each other's heads in and call it GvG. It's like watching children fighting with sticks instead of having a soccer tournament.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinch View Post
    I loved SAB when it first came out. Now I hate it because if you want to get far you're basically required to buy the Infinite Continue Coin for 600 gems. People on the official forums are even claiming that the infantile mode is kitten hard.
    In world 2, I presume? I didn't play when SAB came round the first time but the first three zones of world 1 have been fairly easy and I've enjoyed it so I do hope I won't run into a wall moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    interesting, gw2.crafting.net suggests that getting your crafting disciplines from 400 to 500 could cost over 200 gold and require 120 ectos (this is assuming you had nothing to start with and bought everything off the TP). Of course this doesn't include discovering the Ascended materials, so the last 50 should be quite a bit cheaper.

Anyone got a discipline up to 500 yet?
    I saw that, but the consensus seems to be that it won't cost anywhere near that much once the ascended stuff has been figured in from 450 onwards. We shall see.

The people on the official forums are literal infants.

Does anyone else simply loathe reading the comments section every time RPS posts a news article about the game? So much hate.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.