Page 80 of 204 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 4062
    I really have no idea why so many people bounced off this game, or why so many people demonize it without knowing anything about it. Some posters have legitimate criticism, but the vitriol is worse than towards Dragon Age 2.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    That happens with pretty much any MMO. Doesn't help that every writer seems to have their own brand of MMO allergy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I guess some believed the hype and were expecting a true MMO revolution. The game is a solid evolution of the genre, but if I'd drunk all the kool-aid before launch, I can imagine being disappointed with the results. As it is, I didn't hear about the game before it launched, so didn't have time to form those expectations -- and so I was pretty amazed when I played it.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

I usually enjoy reading the comments section on RPS, but those... It's really simple, if you hate the game so much stop reading about it, nobody wants to hear how bad it is. But it's the internet and anything goes. There's plenty of people that provide counter-arguments, although they're wasting their breath.

What I see in all of those articles though is a negative bias of the writer (Cara's article was the single exception I think) regardless of the fact that RPS itself has a vibrant and awesome community in this game, as so many others can't say they have after one year.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

I really dislike MMOs in general (EVE notwithstanding), and even though GW2 isn't such a departure from the traditional stuff, the open cooperative nature of PVE, the fun of WvW and the relative lack of grinding to be on par for competition make it rather good for what it is. It still is what it is, mind you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    I just read a bit of that comments thread and some of the people trying to be positive about the game made me cringe more than those slagging it off. I've never seen half as much negative nonsense and fanboy posturing while playing the actual game as I do whenever I read an internet discussion of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Does anyone else simply loathe reading the comments section every time RPS posts a news article about the game? So much hate.
    Same here. I usually reply to one or two initial comments and state my view on some aspect of or issue with the game and sometimes this results in a nice exchange of thoughts. But most of the time it's just people spouting nonsense and overagressive remarks, it's as if GW2 as kicked their pet animal or something.

The bias in the writing is obvious but I guess there is nothing you can do about that. At least they are still posting about the better updates and Cara has done a superb job with her recent post I think. Oh and I always try to drop a line about the excellent RPS GW2 community in the comment section.

It's not just GW2, btw; MMOs are one of the least popular genres among RPS commenters/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I guess RPS commenters are a curious breed, PC based, knowledgeable about games, but with a strong bias towards RPGs and indies, and away from PC mainstream of WoW, Football manager and the Sims. We're lucky I guess that GW2 gets mentioned as often as it does (more than any other MMO currently) but its a nature of the genre that they have more grindy gameplay and some free to play type mechanics that commentors will, often rightly, criticise. It also has a great community, and the cooperative nature of the play means that adds vastly to the experience, which is a point that is hard to make in a game or update review.
    If each time we say that we enjoy the game but accept its flaws, remind folk that there is a vibrant RPS guild, then we can hold our own without sounding like sycophants, and try to use these articles as a recruiting tool for folk outside of the game.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Details on new Tequatl here:
    http://whitecharr.tumblr.com/post/59...g-september-17

Sounds interesting, but...

All waypoints near the area are contested and it will take you around 1 minute to run back from the nearest waypoint.

Sigh.

I presume the world boss rework is the "Guild Wars 2 version of raid content" that was promised a while ago.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm all for reworked world bosses. All but Jormag and the fire shaman / megadestroyer / karka queen are trivial currently.
    However this needs to be matched by appropriate rewards, however. This sounds ok for Teq initially (the new achievements and skins/ascended chances will ensure good attendance) but may tail off once folk have the achievements or if the risk/reward doesnt match champ farming or the equivalent easy way to get loot.
    I fear getting kicked to overflows though, as was seen when they last rebooted world events with guaranteed rares. Unless they synchronise these across servers like they did with Scarletts invasions then there will be a lot of disappointment.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Network Hub
    Sounds good to me. As it is now you can just stand in one place during a fight and auto-attack the boss. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

Sure, you need to target it once in a while but that's it. Even if the drops would be the same I think one rare (from which you can get around 20-40 silver on TP) and few mats is a good enough reward for me.
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    The Griffonrook Run bomb chest doesn't give ascended items, only the regular one does.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Details on new Tequatl here:
    http://whitecharr.tumblr.com/post/59...g-september-17

Sounds interesting, but...

Sigh.

I presume the world boss rework is the "Guild Wars 2 version of raid content" that was promised a while ago.
    Unless you zone out and then zone back in to the 'contested' waypoint. ;D
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Hidden Garden in Mount Maelstrom didn't give any ascended stuff either so I expect there are a few more that don't, some events that spawn chests don't give them either such as the Arah gates event. (As a sidenote I can confirm that ascended weapons do drop from jp chests as I am now the owner of an ascended trident)

Ooh, congratulations. I was going to express surprise at your choosing a trident for your first ascended weapon (I assume this was one of the boxes that lets you choose?), but then I realised that of everybody, I am least well-placed to comment on extravagant underwater weapons...

I hear Kraitkin got an aesthetic upgrade?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

I think Salix got a whole weapon as a drop. Correct? Congratulations if that's true. At least one way for me to acquire them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    I hear Kraitkin got an aesthetic upgrade?
    Yeah, it's greener now. I preferred it before.

Perfect.

[GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.