Page 99 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4331
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I think that's basically the problem with him, he's boring and un-origninal; and supposed to be the centre piece for your personal story. So you have to put up with him a lot. Especially if you complete it more than once.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Network Hub
    Not to mention the fact he's a Necromancer that can simultaneously summon 5 flesh golems, has a magic sword which combines skills of greatswords, elementalist and mesmer attacks, and yet he STILL can't avoid going down in a single fight.

Honestly I just hate how much the overall story seems to focus on the Sylvari more than any other race. Off the top of my head you have

-Trahearne as the focus of the "personal" story
    -Everyone consulting the Pale Tree on how to proceed
    -Caithe as the only reasonable, level headed member of Destiny's Edge
    -And now Scarlet Briar as the big evil that can wrangle the forces of the aetherblades, molten alliance, and now apparently krait, to do her bidding. I half expect her to show up some day riding the reanimated corpse of Zhaitan.

All that and the fact the launcher shoves a sylvari in your face every time it opens makes me think Anet REALLY wanted players to like their new race.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    One gripe a lot of people have with Trahearne is that he doesn't do anything but takes all the credit. (Like, supposedly, Kormir.)
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Kormir was worse for it imo as you and your 7 followers basically fight your way into hell and kill a god whilst she hangs back putting up some defences and then swoops in to become a god herself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If we'd ascended to god hood the endgame would be terrible. Auto attack and instant kill. At least she didn't suicidally leap into combat and get herself killed failing the mission like Mhenlo.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Win %num2% minipet battles.
    You are truly a master of the ancient art of Polymock.
    Stock up. Go!

Actually they might be different from regular minis, but you never know with those wacky guys at ArenaNet. There has been a distinct "new Polymock minis on sale!" placeholder in the files for ages
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 24-10-2013 at 07:12 AM.

Oh my. About time!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I have to clarify why I posted this: The second line was already in the big patch, but it could just have been ambient dialogue (there is some that references Polymock). Only the very latest patch added the first line, and it does seem to match up.

Damnit I don't need more ways to spend all my cash!

But I do want more minipets.

I'd guess if they did use the old minis they'd have a few different categories and existing minis would slot into one those.

If I could use my Racoon in the Polymock fights, that would be awesome. I would make him my champion and have him wear a fat trophy belt around his belly. Yes.

Oh no, not again. What is it with MMOs implementing pokemon mini-games?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Network Hub
    I suspect that was on the books from the very start. What is obviously a mini fighting arena has been on the eastern beach at Lion's Arch since launch day.

I quite like this kind of thing tbh, as long as the base game isn't horribly repetitive.

Though pets aren't as fun to aquire in this game as in many others (most are just bought and the few quest rewardy ones are time limited LS things).

Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    I suspect that was on the books from the very start. What is obviously a mini fighting arena has been on the eastern beach at Lion's Arch since launch day.
    Moreover, Rata Sum has a label for 'Polymock Arenas' on the map, and people have been able to access it by glitching out of the map.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Haven't played in game mini-games like this since final fantasy 8 (yes I'm that old).
    nit sure its my cup of tea, but the sweet sweet achievement points might draw me in...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Tetra Master! I even own a couple of cards from the RL version of that game. And I am not THAT old!

That game was one of the best bits of FF8. I kinda hope they let us use the minis we already have, purely so I don't have to go and recollect everything.

If they tie it in with a hunt around the world for new pets, then I'm all for it.

If you just get to buy minis from the TP or BLTC then fudge it. I'm betting my money on this last option, as it's the one that makes money.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    BTW I am trying to get the mini prince, that's 20K candy corn so if any of you wants to help please contact me I can trade, buy or accepts donations . A special thanks to Nogix!
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

How much CC have you accumulated so far?