Page 101 of 209 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4163
    Hm, I think the sword would be nice for my Mesmer, but I remember that I once said something along the lines of "I'll use the Precursor the game gives me and take it as my quest to craft the Legendary it belongs to.". Guess I need to sleep it over now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    We don't need another greatsword mesmer.

Sorry, I should have been more explicit, I was talking about Bolt, the one-handed sword. As Saph mentioned yesterday night - and I agree with him on this - the GSs are already a bit cliché.

Edit: And sold, got me 650.25g after taxes.
    Last edited by Squiz; 29-10-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    You'll get to bolt faster than me at this rate :P

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    You'll get to bolt faster than me at this rate :P
    To be honest, I'm not sure if I am going for a legendary at all, at least not for the time being. Instead, investing the money seems like a better idea until I've accumulated all the materials I need to craft the more expensive gifts required for the final thing. Maybe I'll wait for the next set of legendary weapons to be announced and see if I can get my hands on one of those Precursors and maybe I'll place a buy offer for when Zap or Colossus reach a sensible price point. I fancy The Juggernaut quite a bit but haven't been playing a hammer build on my Warrior or Guardian all that much.

Bottom line is - legendary weapons are great as a guaranteed best-stat item, but they are so expensive that I am apt to go for the weapon that I'll be using the most.

Edit: Forgot to mention that The Colossus is almost impossible to craft at the moment due to Silver Doubloons.
    Last edited by Squiz; 29-10-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Come on now. Just camp a level 25 alt at the pirate jumping puzzle and you'll have the doubloons in a year or two easy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Wow, I didn't realise doubloons had gotten so expensive. The vial of quicksilver on its own now costs over 500g to craft.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

I bet Anet will implement a way to craft Silver Doubloons at some point but since these small things usually aren't known to be fixed quickly, I guess I won't be treading this path.

Therefore, I am trying to think of sensible investment strategies. Gems would be a safe but very long-term possibility, which I am not very interested in. Seeing Ascended armor looming on the horizon, Hardened Leather and Gossamer seem like a good alternative, although the prices are only slowly declining after the recent spike. Tier 6 materials are a bit volatile; at the same time there will probably be a demand for them as long as people are crafting stuff.

It's almost certain that all tiers of leather and cotton/etc (well, 2-6 at least) will be used in ascended armor crafting, so it might be worth looking at those sub- hardened leather and gossamer too.

One lesson that I've learned from my investments during the Ascended weapon changes is that you got to determine the ease with which materials can be gathered before making a decision on what to use your money on. I've still got 30+ stacks of Mithril sitting in a personal guild bank - there's just too much of it on the market. I would assume the same goes for leather.

In fact the opposite is the case. Mithril can be gathered easily or salvaged from any level 80 greens. Cotton and wool (for example) cannot be gathered and can only be salvaged from mid-level items*. Endgame characters do not obtain a lot of mid-level items on a regular basis. So there's reason to think that mats like these will become quite a lot more expensive when ascended armor comes out.

(*They can also be gotten from bags that drop from mobs, and these can be obtained by lv 80s. It may be that this is the main source of them, in the future - but it's inherently RNG-based.)

Very possible that this is the case for cotton and wool, but like I said above I wouldn't make the same argument for leather, which isn't very hard to come by. But I guess we'll have to wait and see (and stock up).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Thin, coarse and rugged leather seem as tedious to gather as wool and cotton, unless there's some other way of getting them that I'm not aware of.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    Thin, coarse and rugged leather seem as tedious to gather as wool and cotton, unless there's some other way of getting them that I'm not aware of.
    If memory serves - doing the large centaur meta event will net you buckets of these. Hmmm, might see if we can kick that off tonight actually - always good for a mass pager.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Yeah, you'll get them from the bags that drop at the centaur event (rather than them dropping directly). Same is true of wool etc.

• The crafting recipe for Bolts of Silk now requires 3 Silk Scraps.
    • The crafting recipe for Cured Thick Leather Squares now requires 3 Thick Leather Sections.
    Hurr hurr. Also, "Toxic Alliance" and "What happens when the evil agendas of the krait and the Nightmare Court align?" screams "More Mary Sue NPC content, hooray!". As someone mentioned on the reddit, it would be quite surprising if this Living Story arc would get rid of Scarlet Briar all of a sudden, so I am officially giving up hope to see her go away any time soon.

I think a lot of people will be annoyed at the Krait allying with the nightmare court. Also, "toxic alliance", shudder.

The new mobs have downed states, and their friends try to res them.

Network Hub
    From the patch-notes, in my opinion the best thing in the story is that they too are aware of how silly it is, as the Priory is investigating why they are allied.

It'd be nice if they started with a logical story, instead of making something up and THEN trying to explain why it isn't complete nonsense.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Yeah my mouth dropped when I read: The crafting recipe for Bolts of Silk now requires 3 Silk Scraps.
    The crafting recipe for Cured Thick Leather Squares now requires 3 Thick Leather Sections.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie