Page 124 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3707
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Sorry I'm still off sick but I will resume playing soon at the mo I just do my daily and that's about it, hopefullyt his weekend I can do something fun
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Will be interesting to see what effect ascended jewelling (when it comes) has on copper/silver/gold prices. Most people have ascended jewellery already and very reliable ways to get it if they need more. So Xunlai might be more like Elonian Leather Squares (cheap) than Damask (expensive).

But those three ores were undoubtedly a good investment. I say "were", because silver and gold have risen in the last few days...
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Will be interesting to see what effect ascended jewelling (when it comes) has on copper/silver/gold prices. Most people have ascended jewellery already and very reliable ways to get it if they need more. So Xunlai might be more like Elonian Leather Squares (cheap) than Damask (expensive).

But those three ores were undoubtedly a good investment. I say "were", because silver and gold have risen in the last few days...
    Of course I wonder if they will allow ascended jewels to go in the slots... given as you say otherwise its eas(ier) to get and a lot of people already have them.. One note of warning - gaard has the skill point shard thingey and I bought the ores on bane. After doing home with bane - I went to norn home to get the skill - only it said I already had... If it happens again I will raise a ticket but otherwise - be aware if an alt has got a certain home item you use - activate the home item with that same char.

In other news - suggestions please for a name for my warrior (if I was to role a guardian it would make sense to swap the name over so therefore - what to call the warrior!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I guess this may introduce a way to get ascended jewellery in stat combinations not available from fractals/guild commendation traders. But apart from a few niche builds, that doesn't leave much - Dire for condition based WvW or sentinels for ultratankiness in WvW (kind of difficult with the lack of Azurite). I'm intrigued about where they will go with this.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Assassins, I'm still waiting for that.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    In other news - suggestions please for a name for my warrior (if I was to role a guardian it would make sense to swap the name over so therefore - what to call the warrior!
    Is it a Norn? Drunken Monkey Master
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Monkfish. You can spend all your time underwater
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Monkenhamarr - I do like a good hammerin'
    Can't think of a good axe insertion so to speak...
    Monksfaxed
    Monkenaxe...
    Monksaxed - the musician
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Dual axes?

Monkscross.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Golden Monk?

Tails of Monkey (Island).
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Monksinsertcrapjokehere
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    how about bannerbot

Livestream notes: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...estream_notes/

Link to archived stream: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/496005243

Critical Damage
    Crit Damage as a percentage stat will go away
    Replaced by a numeric stat called Ferocity
    Balanced to be about 10% less damage overall
    PVP crit damage won't change - they feel it's in a good place already
    Numeric amount same as "secondary stat" on gear (e.g. 90 power/60 prec/60 fero for berserker)
    Celestial will have Ferocity amount equal to all other stats.
    Opens up potential for Ferocity to be a primary stat on new stat combo

Sigils
    Two sigil slots for two-handed weapons!
    No more shared cooldowns!!
    RNG reduced - percent chance on crit will probably just become 100% on-crit
    Still only one stacking sigil type (bloodlust, perception etc.)
    Dual swap sigils WILL both proc. (e.g. Battle + Geomancy or Air + Fire)

Runes
    Adding strong bonuses further towards rune #4/5/6 to give more benefit of having full sets
    Added more condi duration on early bonuses so 2/2/2 is still possible
    Examples: Strength: 1) +25 power, 2) 10% might duration, 3) 50 power, 4) 15% might duration and 25% might proc on hit, 5) 100 power, 6) 20% might duration, +5% damage under might.
    Fixing Rune #6 bonuses and other rune bugs (e.g. Ranger runes etc.)
    They've done a balance pass over runes and sigils to try to improve diversity.

PVP
    Adding new unlockable stat combos for PVP (similar to how new heal skills are being added)
    This is more speculative / for future, probably not in next build

Balance Preview - There will be balance updates in the next build:

Elementalist
    Signet of Restoration is restored to full power (no more pve/pvp split)
    Armor of Earth cooldown goes from 90s to 75s (pre-cantrip mastery)
    3 seconds of Regen added to Water Trident (for up to 5 allies) - support+condi removal for scepter
    Burning Speed now evades during cast! (more melee survival for d/d)
    Frozen Burst is now a blast finisher! (can combo with Burning Speed)

Engineer
    Net Turret immobilize reduced by 1 second
    Poison grenades - poison applied per tick reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
    Toolkit - Box of Nails/Piranhas cast time reduced from 1 sec to 3/4 sec
    AED cast time reduced from 1 sec to 3/4 sec (may go to 1/2sec later)

Guardian
    Litany of Wrath cast time reduced from 1 sec to 3/4 sec (may go to 1/2sec later)
    Vigorous Precision cooldown increased to 10 sec (so only 50% vigor uptime)
    Healing Breeze rescaled so 50% self-applies on cast, then 10% per tick for 5 seconds on allies

Mesmer
    Critical Infusion cooldown increased to 10 sec (so only 50% vigor uptime)
    Deceptive Evasion will no longer create a new clone if you already have full images (no overwrites) (yeesh, that's huge. RIP clone-death builds.) :'(

Necromancer
    Putrid Explosion is no longer unblockable
    Training of the Master damage bonus reduced from 30% to 25%
    Dhuumfire changed to make only Life Blast apply 3 sec burning with 10 sec cd - no longer split pve/pvp
    Less passive -- controllable application, and makes for active counter-play possibilities
    Vampiric Master rebalanced, so Mastery gives the biggest leech boost (thanks, /u/razinbread)

Ranger
    Spirit of Nature healing was bugged - changing to 320hp / sec
    Considering adding combo field to all trap skills (Viper's Nest => poison field, etc.)
    Empathetic Bond will no longer remove conditions when pet is dead
    Making steps towards allowing dodge during sword auto chain (server-side fixes involved)

Thief
    Positive things coming that won't be discussed yet (same for ranger)
    Pistol Whip possibly split into two-part skill with separate ini cost (stun and then slashes separated)

Warrior
    Healing Signet passive reduced by about 8% (~30hps), active may be improved / altered
    Pin Down has new animation / tell, cast time increased from 1/4 to 3/4 sec
    ~This is a non-exhaustive list, full set will be in patch notes.~
    I came way too late to the rune market to buy some leftovers. Even the really unpopular ones have quadrupled in price, but it's still a gamble.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 18-01-2014 at 07:01 AM.

Critical Damage > Ferocity change is interesting; I presume this is the big change to nerf the berserker meta?

Vigorous Precision cooldown increased to 10 sec (so only 50% vigor uptime)
    Inevitable but sad.

Frozen Burst is now a blast finisher! (can combo with Burning Speed)
    Those poor Eles, they've been really lacking in blast finishers.

Also, lol @ necro nerfs. It's almost comical at this point.
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 18-01-2014 at 08:56 AM.

It will probably come down to how Ferocity scales with damage but in principal... will that make much of a difference? If Zerker still has Power/Precision/Ferocity as stat line (and assumed that Precision still influences crit chance), the only thing that changes is that it's not a percentage value anymore. This will reduce the overall damage output (yay for longer fights) but not exclusively for Zerker gear. Any gear that had crit damage before will lose damage potential and we end up where we were before, just will less killing power.

I feel that is exactly what people were afraid of. They're not making other stat lines more viable (in an absolute sense, i.e. regarding killing speed) but nerfing the fast (and kind of risky) way lolnobrain Zerkers go about downing stuff.

Edit: Oh, one more thing. If Zerker ends up not being the same thing it was before in regard to playstyle (risk/reward) a lot of people will have wasted mucho resources and time in vain.
    Last edited by Squiz; 18-01-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Well, in fairness, it sounds like this is the first of a number of changes they have planned. And people think that having two sigils on two-handed weapons will make up for the damage nerf. We'll see, I guess.

I think it could work - having a ferocity build that means a humongous crit bonus but at the potential loss of it happening less often v more power and some ferocity (zerker) v happens more often but less crit damage (assasin - though it will change too) v happens more often but with more crit damage with the loss of overall power - new stat set of prec, ferocity, power

Lots of variations in builds tbh as it could open up more than a few avenues...

But that doesn't change anything in PvE (keep in mind that PvP stays the same, for WvW it might be a bit more relevant?), since that's still the game mode where calculating optimal gear setup for maximum damage is a thing and moreover is encouraged, especially now considering the potential damage nerf that comes with cutting crit dmg as a percentage stat.

I recall hawksbane posting an article some time ago that stated that Anet has some big 'awesome' patch planned for this year after LS season #1 has finished. Does anyone know if they've said anything about expanding the current game world? That's what's limiting my interest in the game at the moment. If there is no new stuff to explore (i.e., new maps, not new enemies in old places) the game will stay more or less the same, no matter how much rebalancing they're doing. Changes to the RNG gemstore business model are also a must somewhere down the line I feel.

Oh no, it won't change the DPS meta per se, if you can even call it that in this game. Ultimately what is happening here is that condition damage is a little bit better, but not in a way that will influence gear choice much. Engineers get a buff from this since as a natural hybrid they weren't as reliant on crit damage in the first place. The question for me is how they will change condition duration on runes, since it would make me really sad if my investment in traveler runes would end up inferior to some 2/2/2 combination.

Of course the supreme damage class is still the staff ele, who will even get buffed with an extra sigil.