Page 145 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3707
    Keep in mind that there are several (terrible) trait to be released for each class, so don't fret yet.

Sure, I was scared for a moment that Arenanet had turned around too much. If they continue at this pace, we'll have an expansion in summer!
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Some more reassurance that Anet hasn't been replaced by Bizarro-Anet. New traits will have to be unlocked also for PvP mode.

Edit: Remember this guy?
    Last edited by Squiz; 21-03-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Multiple pet AI quality-of-life changes and bug fixes are being made for the ranger. For example, commanding your pet to use a skill or attack an enemy will now occur instantaneously and will break the creature out of its current action.
    Bizarro-Anet has taken over.

Speculations are running rampant with the announced updates for runes and sigils. Rune of Purity has gone from 10s to 1g20s in a matter of minutes. Speculators selling to speculators.

I see why Sigil of Purity has shot up, Anet saying they're going to make sigils like this proc on hit rather than on crit, interesting buff.

Latest ready up previewing all 40 new traits and other things: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

So here's all the traits, but a few personal favorites of mine:

Earth - Stone Heart : You cannot be critically hit while attuned to earth.
    Meteor Shower->Earth attunement got even better. Do attunements count during tornado? That would be cool.

Dueling - Triumphant Distortion : Gain 3s of distortion on killing an enemy.
    My mesmer commander is very happy.

Nature Magic - Survival of the Fittest : Remove 2 condis and gain fury when you use a survival skill.
    A way to remove immobilize! OH. MY. GOD.
    Editedit: ALso Lightning Reflexes will now always remove immobilize! This is so fucking awesome. Power of my Ranger!

Anet gets their shit partly together and I spent three hours dancing polka. Today was a good day.

Edit: I was just about to lose it when I saw Anet announced a new sPvP mode. But it's Team Deathmatch, and not Guild vs. Guild. Still, I'm very happy with the way things are going at the moment.
    Last edited by Labbes; 21-03-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Zeal - Amplified Wrath : Burning deals 33% more damage.
    arenanet why

I can't believe they are putting in a full set of terrible guardian traits.

Edit: Before someone is on my ass again for this, yes the trait might be good if you're running solo.

Edit2:
    Discipline - Brawler's Recovery : Remove blindness when you swap weapons.
    I don't ev... uuh, what?
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 22-03-2014 at 02:56 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Combined with the free retraining out of combat, this is encouraging. There will need to be some balance, some will be OP, some useless. But long term as they add more this will even out. I can see over time lots of situational retraiting, particularly when we get to save builds, and niche traits like the blind one Malawi mentions above could be great if we get a fractal that blinds a lot, say.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

No, because you remove blind by attacking an enemy. It's a grandmaster trait designed specifically for the rare situation in which someone stacked a long duration blind on you and moved out of rifle auto range, and you need to get that Kill Shot off right now to down them instead of waiting a couple of seconds. Or alternatively, Eviscerate.

And these are Grandmaster traits. A lot of the New additions won't find their way into regular play just because the alternatives are so much better.

Those necro traits are...odd. Condi healing from spite? What? And every other new trait affects death shroud? I'm confused about what Anet are trying to do with this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Necro traits have always been placed in random lines, unfortunately. Good point about auto attack to remove blind, Malawi, I'd forgotten if was so easily removed. Long term we can hope they move these about tiers or trait lines to increase flexibility/ viability, although they haven't done that much in the past.
    To be honest, it might be worth them scrapping the whole adept, master, grandmaster tied to a trait line thing and just giving you points to spend. Then they can balance by increasing the cost of the more valuable traits. Play how you want and all that.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Looking at Reddit there seems to be a menace of burn guardians running around unchecked. ArenaNet shouldn't ecourage this kind of behavior with new, yet ineffective traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Looking at Reddit there seems to be a menace of burn guardians running around unchecked. ArenaNet shouldn't ecourage this kind of behavior with new, yet ineffective traits.
    Could you picture a world of condi-powered-retaliation-burn-machines running around killing absolutely nothing?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Basically a load of crap school bullies?

Stop burning yourself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    there' s a server taco effort in 30 mins (starting just after 6)
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 22-03-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    At the in laws today. No Gw for me. Barely got my daily done in 15 mins play this morning.
    see you for missions tomorrow

I imagine Xanadu being held captive in some kind of cellar somewhere in rural England. Send beer and steaks, halp!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    THe Saturday Taco trial was not successful but they wanted to see how many people would turn up. It wasn't very well advertised and for a lot of people who turned up it was their first Taco attempt. Monkey volunteered as a commander. Not sure when they will trya a Satuday again but the weekly Monday one will carry on.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie