Page 188 of 209 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 4161
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    So saying, tonight will be a later night as I've wangled a wfh day tomorrow and I need early night fri as I need to be tired for sat night. Getting up at 5am on sunday for a 100 mile ride - needs me sleep. For charity!

That saying of course... https://www.justgiving.com/iaindixon/
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Overpriced gem store items, so that the few that make purchases subsidise the many that do not. I'd far prefer a dramatic slashing of prices (the itunes/Stem sale model) so many more folk bought cheap cosmetic/convenience items, but I assume that ANets finance folk have determined that makes less cash.
    I'm assuming the high gem prices are a side effect of the gold-to-gems conversion. They have to keep the prices high so the majority of players (i.e. those without 1000s of gold) will be forced to buy gems rather than convert their gold.

At least that's the only justification I can think of for thier insane prices.
    Guild Wars 2: Infiltrator Dan / Cutthroat Dan / Vile Dan / Fervent Dan

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by dan. View Post
    I'm assuming the high gem prices are a side effect of the gold-to-gems conversion. They have to keep the prices high so the majority of players (i.e. those without 1000s of gold) will be forced to buy gems rather than convert their gold.

At least that's the only justification I can think of for thier insane prices.
    Possibly - but I think it more likely that cause and effect are the other way around - that the gold to gem price is set at a relatively low level (ie you can get a few quid worth of gems for an evening's worth of play (if you grind events or dungeons you can make 25g=200gems) because the cost of doing anything meaningful with those gems is high - youd need to play for most of a week to get an armour set for example

if you move the gold-to-gem rate by the same factor as you reduce prices then that problem could be solved. (admittedly with other knock on effects as you'd either have a massive gap between gold-gems and gems-gold rates which folk would complain about or they'd reduce the gems-gold rate enough that a different set of folk complained)
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

I'd like to take a bash at some of the cheevos as a group - so much easier for some especially - still need on swift wings from entanglement as an early starter for the evening?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    I'd like to take a bash at some of the cheevos as a group - so much easier for some especially - still need on swift wings from entanglement as an early starter for the evening?
    Entanglement is the only story part I've had trouble with the achievements. Both of the fort missions have achievements that are more suitable for a group. I'm happy to help out on any other though. The current LS is all right, only trouble is that you have to run through them at least twice to get a chance at everything.

I'm all caught up with the story now Monkey, so happy to help with any of 'em - just give me a shout.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I need some chievos too we could do this tonight?
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Depending how my connection holds up I'd be willing to help with some achieves.

well today...
    I've got a torch and some tartier weapon skins for el guardo
    used all my mountains of wvw tokens to get ALL THE SKINS (I didn't have)
    other things that I now can't rememeber

So we found out that the Foefire Cleansing achievements are much more difficult when done in a group and apparently you can get stuck in a wall.
    I'm missing 5 achievements from the Entanglement LS which are part of the two fort attack stories. All of them should be doable with only one run through, if everything goes well (which often might not). Perhaps we can get another group together during the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurish View Post
    So we found out that the Foefire Cleansing achievements are much more difficult when done in a group and apparently you can get stuck in a wall.
    I'm missing 5 achievements from the Entanglement LS which are part of the two fort attack stories. All of them should be doable with only one run through, if everything goes well (which often might not). Perhaps we can get another group together during the weekend?
    I need those too
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Hundred blades (tiny) nerf??? I thought it would never happen.

Also I agree with this:
    Thief dagger hitting 2 people? If anet doesn't give Necros cleave, I'm flipping a table.

GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Hundred blades (tiny) nerf??? I thought it would never happen.

Also I agree with this:

[/COLOR]

Oooh, nice changes tbh - and I love the love rampage is getting - really useful in arah btw...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Finally you lose adrenaline even on a miss! No more leap-leap-leaping hammer warriors. Also it looks like the thief invisi-stomping is a thing of the past?

I like these changes for SPvP!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar

Monkey got better luck than him and I beieve opened less than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    So saying, tonight will be a later night as I've wangled a wfh day tomorrow and I need early night fri as I need to be tired for sat night. Getting up at 5am on sunday for a 100 mile ride - needs me sleep. For charity!

That saying of course... https://www.justgiving.com/iaindixon/
    I've donated Monkey. Good luck with your bike ride!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    So this makes Black Lion Tickets about 14 each...
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Thank you all for the donations - was basically a swimming lesson with bikes but nailed 86 miles in 4 hours and 30 mins!

So arah 4 basically