Page 192 of 209 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 4178
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Totally ignored the SAB thing in my last couple of posts: Unbelievable, they even sold the infini-SAB-coin to people for gems.
    Hmm I better hold on to my SAB tokens then as they might be exchangeable with something else. I almost destroyed them though and I bet others have already so this needs to be addressed or there'll be a lot of people unhappy whether they had bought them or earn them by playing.
    The poor princess will never get rescued now
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    not really, with the advent of a treasure hunt/precursor crafting incoming the drop rates for them would likely be reduced too which would mean (assuming time gating is put in place) there would be a shortage of supply until people have finished the treasure hunt/crafting. precursor crafting would also reduce the cost of rares since fewer would be chucked in the toilet.

this also partially explains why Anet are so cagey about everything, since almost anything they do say will have some effect on the TP.
    Last edited by hawksbane; 19-08-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    this also partially explains why Anet are so cagey about everything, since almost anything they do say will have some effect on the TP.
    This is likely a large bias towards their reticence. There has been some truly odd behavings of late in the TP purely I suspect by deliberate trend generators for really rich people who can fuck with hte market till it generates a new self sustaining direction.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    This is likely a large bias towards their reticence. There has been some truly odd behavings of late in the TP purely I suspect by deliberate trend generators for really rich people who can fuck with hte market till it generates a new self sustaining direction.
    Such as? Keep in mind that it would be very, very hard to gain (let alone keep) control over even the tiniest part of the market. Undercutting is a thing and people do it all the time. Also, the influx of goods is so big that noone could possibly buy up any sort of item without others noticing and overfarming.

Even precursors are generated with a certain frequency which makes buying them all up next to impossible. Market manipulation theories are as old as the game itself and so far the market of any given item (Giant Eyes might be a exception to the rule) has remained free of longlasting manipulations.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Anet doesn't want to talk about their development priorities because people might manipulate the economy?

If that were true, it would be a pretty silly motivation to keep schtum.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    If that were true, it would be a pretty silly motivation to keep schtum.
    I had no idea that phrase existed in the British language. That's quite cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    I had no idea that phrase existed in the British language. That's quite cute!
    I had to google it as well, thanks for my new thing learned today
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Awww, yeah it's been around (ie we nicked it) for ages.

Nothing right now springs to mind but sometimes I've seen the most traded items in the market and thought wtf. Then googled the item and gw2 and it appears of a number of speculative threads but always as a - there's none or x loads of this - what's going on and then the price massively fluctuates for days/weeks with no seeming viable cause bar someone pissing about.

But as hawks has just noted - with them NOT putting precursor creation in - it's changed hte price and likely by a fair percentage. People will sell stock etc and flood the market...

Hey I don't know for sure but given as we all know it's a false buyers market - ie there are some items that just shouldn't be 5 x price verses items shouldn't be so cheap (actually very few of them) but it's entirely manipulatable or just taken advantage of due to inadvertant comments from devs...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

It's basically German, that's why I noticed. "Stumm" means "silent/mute".

Network Hub
    German is great. I'll never forget the commercial I once saw where a single word meant "bonbon that makes you feel good all over."

Rundumwohlfühlbonbon. What an amazing word.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

"Your request for an AMA with Colin Johanson is definitely something we won't rule out for the future... but we aren't actively working on it at this time."

Snort

(http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...me_help_clear/)

What a fantastic shitstorm it turned out to be.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/...0_patch_notes/ Ctrl+F chris_wilson

There are ~nine comments by the lead developer of PoE in one reddit thread (and this is not atypical). It's not impossible for devs to be open and engage with the community, and in PoE's case it engenders very positive reactions from players.

OMG they need a better marketing/PR department. Any company I worked for had some kind of agreed communication coming from our marketing department and approved by senior managers on how to answer some sensitive information or how to announce news.

Activated Node
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/b...mander-system/
    I guess we were wrong. You don't have to spend 300 more gold to get another color for your tag
    "This won't end well."

Activated Node
    That was a swift bit of backtracking.

OMG now is the time to get a tag for 100 instead of 300 with colours and for all your alts!

We weren't wrong - anet representatives (e.g. Liz Cardy on a video) specifically said that each colour would cost 300g. Good on them for listening / backtracking.

Network Hub
    This seems like a missed opportunity for some goodwill after the recent interview disaster. They could have said something like actually listening to the players and making the change accordingly. Now after the shit had hit the fan, they ninjachange it and hope no one remembers what it was supposed to be. No one from ANET says anything, which seems to be the ongoing issue.
    Steam: Crux

"Communicating with you"
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ating-with-you

I assume this is meant to address some of the recent tension, but really it's not all that different from what a parody response would look like. From reddit:

"We're working on communicating with you, but we can't be too specific when we will communicate with you, it's in the works... soon."