Page 197 of 204 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 4066
    I want housing, if possible in a Guild format. "Home instance" isn't home at all, I only go there when I have to.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua /Namassi Melua
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wasn't so much a fan of the menagerie as I never played Ranger but can see it's appeal - particularly if in an area you have some reason to spend time in (home instance currently is a place for an alt to farm sprockets once a day)

That said, some of the old GW1 features would fit nicely into GW2. Zaishen dailies, weekly scavenger whatnots from Nick the traveller. Server selection. A hard mode vanquish would work great as a guild mission (50 or so of you, 15 minutes to vanquish Malchor's leap).

Or even vanquishing dungeons (open all the doors that seal off paths - turn off monster respawns. COF would take an hour, or you could do all of Arah in about 8 hours...)
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    maybe, but I still wouldn't go in there much; and would prefer content to such frivolity.
    Agreed on that at least. Still, some QoL love for minis is well overdue. Maybe something announced this week?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Speaking of which...no announcements this week yet? I know it was Labor Day yesterday, but I assumed they would have something today.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Activated Node
    Apparently feature packs are now what before were minor items in patchnotes for regular patches during season 1.
    Steam: Crux

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Rest of the week doesn't look great, trading post and collections. Aside from a spot of rebalancing of classes its a bit of a damp squib : this feature patch is a lot less impressive than the last one.

What do you mean "doesn't look great"? The TP revamp is one of the most anticipated QoL changes since bloody release

Any wagers on being able to filter between light/med/heavy armors?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Activated Node
    At this rate the TP Revamp is going to be a font change and different colors :> Also you need to buy direct access from the gemstore.
    Steam: Crux

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    What do you mean "doesn't look great"? The TP revamp is one of the most anticipated QoL changes since bloody release

Any wagers on being able to filter between light/med/heavy armors?
    I guess I play the TP less than most - I agree its a QoL boost for the time you spend in the TP, but aside from buying 300 silk a day and selling the odd green I dont actually TP much. Similarly I rarely use minis or finishers, hence this weeks announcements are a bit bleh.

I hear you... I don't do much TPing either, but the UI is so clunky and slow it keeps me from using it more.

There was a tiny bit of sarcasm in there aimed at Anet, but it somehow got lost in translation Crux did a good job at it though.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

The minis update is the highlight of the feature pack so far, probably, but that's not saying much. It would be nice to have one feature to shout about where the collective response isn't "it's about bloody time!". But maybe I'm asking too much...

The TP is badly in need of some love but I'm a bit afraid that they'll undermine its good functionality too. Despite all its flaws, its basic systems are much easier to deal with than the auction houses in some other similar games. We shall see I guess.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Or even vanquishing dungeons (open all the doors that seal off paths - turn off monster respawns. COF would take an hour, or you could do all of Arah in about 8 hours...)
    Now that might be really rather fun!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

The living world has not, so far, provided the sort of content output I would expect from a game only two years into its life cycle. It's more the level I'd expect from a game five to eight years old, at a time when so many regions, major gameplay changes, and systems have been added that a new player probably couldn't hope to experience it all without investing a great deal of time.

After two years, whether or not we can expect to see a GW2 expansion at all should not be something players are in the dark about. Plenty has been said about Blizzard's slow content updates for World of Warcraft, but WoW fans can at least bide their time with a pretty good idea of what they can expect to see coming down the pipeline. As ridiculous as it might sound, we're gamers: If you're going to ask us to grind (or to do other things that require patience), we need a carrot every now and again.

Someone out there in comment land is about to pipe up and say, "Well, maybe you got your 60 USD's worth, and there's nothing wrong with that." And yes, that's true, but I want to spend time in Tyria with my characters, and that's what an expansion is for. I am ready to put more money down to renew the experience.
    Yes. This. So much.

Also this comment seems pretty justified at this point:
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/09...5822:208057628

Yeah, I have to agree. I like the game, it's really pretty and fun to explore, but I don't feel there's much to keep me in there. Which is a pity, because I want to do something with it. As it is now, I only join for guild events. I'd very much appretiate an expansion. I would even spend real money on it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I've never played any expansion in GW1 cos I was using a friend's account who gave me an alt slot to play with it for a few months. I heard they were independent? I'm not sure I like that, I'd rather have one where I can use my already existing alts to it
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    I've never played any expansion in GW1 cos I was using a friend's account who gave me an alt slot to play with it for a few months. I heard they were independent? I'm not sure I like that, I'd rather have one where I can use my already existing alts to it
    You could play with existing characters in another campaign, but you wouldn't need the first box to play on the third campaign.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua /Namassi Melua
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

Network Hub
    GW1 had 2 stand-alone expansions that allowed you to create a new character or travel with an existing one. They also had a "proper" expansion that needed a level 20 (max level) to play.

I hate to say it, but I'm kinda done with the game. I still play for guild missions etc. and sometimes I'm exploring/leveling with an alt, but on the whole, I think I've seen everything I wanted to see. Hope to see some improvements soon, though, because I still love Tyria.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.