Page 198 of 208 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 4145
    Tweets, if you (or any of the regular chaps here) are interested in GW1, I can lend my account, it has all campaigns and I think I even have empty character slots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    You’ll need to take them out individually and choose whether to unlock them for your account or dispose of them some other way.
    @Vlup & Exigua

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Almost fell out of my chair laughing.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    I've never played any expansion in GW1 cos I was using a friend's account who gave me an alt slot to play with it for a few months. I heard they were independent? I'm not sure I like that, I'd rather have one where I can use my already existing alts to it
    Wrong thread Tweeti. Not sure what you mean by independent - independent of GW2? (200 years earlier - your alts aren't even born!) If you mean independent campaigns, you can move across between them, you come in after the first few missions that are effectively an extended tutorial in each case though you can go back play them
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Wrong thread Tweeti. Not sure what you mean by independent - independent of GW2? (200 years earlier - your alts aren't even born!) If you mean independent campaigns, you can move across between them, you come in after the first few missions that are effectively an extended tutorial in each case though you can go back play them
    err weren't we talking about gw2 expansions?
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Quote Originally Posted by Vlupius3 View Post
    I hate to say it, but I'm kinda done with the game.
    This. Just look at how huge the map really is... it's so ridiculous to say that you don't do expansions... especially at the rate of 1 new area per LS season (if at all).
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I'm not nearly as negative as many of you it seems, but one thing that does baffle me about ANet:

Why, exactly, would they not want to make an expansion and charge us for it? Continued free content is a weird point of pride to uphold when an expansion brings media coverage, old and new players, and a bunch more money back into the game?
    Last edited by Screwie; 03-09-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Yeah, this is exactly what baffles me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    An expansion could split the player base, into a hardcore (those that bought the expansion) and casual (those that did not)
    If the casuals are the majority, as seems to be the case from reading between the lines (and this is completely the opposite of what we see on Reddit, guild forums etc) then this will bring in less money than spending the same amount of resources developing living story with tie-in gem store items

I assume this is the same logic that means F2P games make more money through microtransactions than paid games, illogical as that seems. If you make the player base big enough by having a sub-free MMO then I can see how this could work.

This is likely a publisher (NCSoft) not dev (ANet) decision.

What I dont understand is why the gem store has nothing worth buying in it as this seems to contradict this sort of model, but I'm not a game industry economist so what do I know?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Was that a problem in GW1? (splitting the player base). From what you guys are talking about it looks like those campaigns = expansions.

Look at WoW... they had you pay a monthly sub and an expansion fee on top of it every couple of years. And their 12 million players happily forked the money, because new content was and is king.

In GW2's horizontal model an new expansion would have to be mostly new areas and instanced content (aka dungeons). That means there's no worrying about new level caps, new gear treadmills etc.

For me micro-transactions replace the monthly sub, not the one-time fee that comes with the game or its expansions.

DIdn't they say something at the launch of gw2 that there would be no expansion announced for the first 2 years so I guess they sticked to their promises but it's just been 2 years last week so there might be something happening soon.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure they didn't say anything quite that conclusive - otherwise the community wouldn't have been obsessing about expansions for the last two years. They never ruled it out, just said they were focusing on living world blah blah.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

I can't find the article but this one from last year said it more or less: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...expansion-pack

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    ...I guess they sticked to their promises but it's just been 2 years last week so there might be something happening soon.
    /tencharrsforrealz

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    /tencharrsforrealz
    OK I'm scared now

Network Hub
    Well they have missed all the conventions and shows for the year now, so would be highly surprised if there where any big announcements this year.
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317

Network Hub
    Expansion is a lot of effort and expenses. Maybe the Suits at Anet think that the quick and easy additions to gemstore (armor, finishers, whatever) have bigger returns on investment than anything else would. The expansion was probably offered as a sacrifice on the altar of their god, The Next Fiscal Quarter in return for greater profits in the short term.
    Steam: Crux

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/i...ment-category/

Well we all like a good box-ticking exercise.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/i...ment-category/

Well we all like a good box-ticking exercise.
    that means a space for foxfires maybe? !

Network Hub
    Anyone having problems with crashes when logging onto a particular character ? Tried to log on my Ele and it runs for a fews secs then kills the PC, have to hard reboot. Other Chars appear to be working fine anyone run into this before ?

Cheers R
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317