Page 159 of 159 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159
Results 3,161 to 3,177 of 3177
    Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    So tequatl nearly completed as a GH effort last night but northern battery failed on the 3rd attempt and was destroyed. One thing that was massively evident was failure of west dps to handle might generation. We had lots of guardians and warriors and banners but never rose above 9-12 might the entire time. Might be worth forcing the group to practice that while waiting next time. If what Xan says is true about mega servering all zones - will now be almost impossible to do it as a guild let alone a party...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Lesser Hivemind Node
    One thing I haven't got a handle on is relative numbers of classes. If we are lacking in particular areas, folk will be happy to swap, assuming we aren't at hard cap. That said, damage wasn't the issue yesterday, not sure what happened at north battery...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Not sure, I was on east and during the 1st battery phase there wasn't many of us there and it seemed we barely kept it up so I'm not sure if people aren't separating well or if some people aren't running to batteries at all?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I wasn't at all specced out for Tequatl, it was my first time doing the boss since they updated him. I have to find a good ele build for large events...

By chance I ended up at the northern battery. It just didn't seem to have enough people defending it initially, and its health had dropped too low before additional players moved over to help out that it couldn't be saved.

Still I had a good time, and came away feeling moderately rewarded for it.

(<-- Jana the Savage Sky, btw)

Build wise is a split tbh. You can't crit him when he isn't stunned but/so longevity is desired but when he is stunned and when you'd defending you can obv crit then. So it's a bit of a - can you survive in zerker gear as it will ultimately be more useful when you need it or survive longer in pvt but be less dps capable in the stun and defend stages...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Monkey - I though Teq couldn't ever be critted, even in stun phase, as he counts as a structure. He takes more damage at stun stage but it is not crit damage. Same for fingers.
    Jana - If you can go for soldier (PVT) gear as precision and ferocity will only be useful for the defend pieces. Particularly as an ele. Essentially, have high power, good survivability, condition removal and ice bow/FGS.
    The GH forum has suggested (pre-feature patch, so might need tweaking) builds. The one for ele says:
    Elementalist
    http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQ...jpeJiqFCQwYA-e
    * stay in fire for high DPS vs structures (fingers and Tequatl are considered structures);
    * attune to water to cleanse conditions from yourself and your party, to provide regeneration, and heal up a bit;
    * attune to air only when running to/from battery defence, and pop air4, otherwise ignore air attunement;
    * attune to earth to shield yourself against projectiles from fingers/mobs (earth3) and to stack might for you and your allies (earth2 -> fire2 at your feet);
    * try to use Glyph of Renewal while attuned to earth;
    * Armor of Earth is your panic button - you may replace it with Mist Form if you feel safer that way, but remember that you may not do anything but flee while in Mist Form;
    * spawn Ice Bows and Fiery Greatswords right on the zerg pretty much on recharge.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

I go PTV normally for Teq, but you can do it in zerk gear if you're mobile enough (also i'm not an Ele so i'll resist any further advice).

Couldn't join last night, but am curious to know if the mega server caused fewer people to be on voice comms; and therefore not enough people could be sent to help?
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Anthrax Lake | Fuschia Panthera

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Megaserver didnt hit Sparkfly till earlier today, so that wasnt the problem.
    Numbers were down (I got in at 21:01 without hardcap) probably as with the new boss rota people outside of select guilds hadn't been told this was happening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Elementalist
    The advice is sound but the build is months outdated. I always use this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAW...eAAUq+jZKBBA-e

You can try switching out Bolt to the Heart for Zephyr's Focus for the beginning of the fight since you won't get much use out of the damage bonus, but definitely switch back before the final DPS phase.

Obviously, apply common sense and don't stand in the red circles when the cleanse is taking too long.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; Yesterday at 01:07 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Oh thanks very much for the gear and skill/trait adivce, really helpful.

I'm currently in Carrion (CPV) exotics (can't remember how that started, probably from random loot pickups) but I'll look to get another set once I can afford to. The traits I'll try out right away.

Love the FGS and Frost Bow, I always try and fit at least one of them into my build

Hmmm. Well given I'll trust dulfy than others it seems even when stunned you can't crit indeed. What I can't therefore understand is why in the teq guild it tells you bring zerker gear...

So the highest power with tankiest as possible is the obvious choice. The top dmg I think eles can do in stun phase is ludicrous. Look up the gw2 facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8480976&type=1

140k...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I'm quite surprised at how hasty anet has been in rolling out megaserver, given the residual issues. I'd have kept it to starter zones for a while, ironed the problems, then done the further rollout. Their actions suggest that they (mistakenly) think that the feature is good to go...
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Hmmm. Well given I'll trust dulfy than others it seems even when stunned you can't crit indeed. What I can't therefore understand is why in the teq guild it tells you bring zerker gear...
    Because there are other mobs to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    So the highest power with tankiest as possible is the obvious choice. The top dmg I think eles can do in stun phase is ludicrous. Look up the gw2 facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8480976&type=1
    This is just the autoattack of FGS stacked up over time, meaning whoever is using it is not doing their job.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; Yesterday at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    I'm quite surprised at how hasty anet has been in rolling out megaserver, given the residual issues. I'd have kept it to starter zones for a while, ironed the problems, then done the further rollout. Their actions suggest that they (mistakenly) think that the feature is good to go...
    Now being devils advocate - it could be because there are some fixes that will only work with a full scale system usage...

I have a free Deus Ex steam key if anyone would like it - I had it already but was given it as part of a hardware purchase.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    The old one or the new one? I have the new one, but I'd take a key for the old one...
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    The old one or the new one? I have the new one, but I'd take a key for the old one...
    New one sorry. I might still have the old disc about somewhere but unlikely tbh...