Page 102 of 213 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 4256
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    The two most oversaturated markets in the game - it's a good move.

I don't want to alarm anyone, but there's an NPC giving info on Krait lore in the Kessex Hills.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    The two most oversaturated markets in the game - it's a good move.
    You may regret that statement when ascended armour crafting comes in
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Nah - silk and leather are the counterparts of mithril and elder wood. Even ascended weapon crafting hasn't exploded the prices of the latter, since they can be gotten by salvaging level 80 stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Was it 2 or 4 scraps/sections before? ie are we penalised for hoarding the unrefined or the refined mats?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    You're gonna like this:

%str1% rolls %num1% on a %num2%-sided die.

Network Hub
    I'm really hoping the Tower of Nightmare is the first part of a multi-update story, similar to Frost and Flame. As we have absolutely no idea why the tower is actually there and there doesn't seem to be any indication that we are going to climb it or whatever at this stage it makes me hopeful.

Then again, Scarlet's face is the preview picture for the next piece of content. If she's sitting at the top of the tower maybe I don't want to climb it... unless it results in throwing her from the top of it.

Sigh. One can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    You're gonna like this:
    Just like in the good old Pen & Paper times. I can *rolls 3D4+2* hardly wait.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Just like in the good old Pen & Paper times. I can *rolls 3D4+2* hardly wait.
    Merp, Rift, AD&D (2nd ed), bit of warhammer, cyberpunk and a single game of marvel superheroes
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    D&D, AD&D (1st edition), Call of Cthulhu, Traveller, MERP (I loved those critical hit tables...), Stormbringer, Paranoia, Pendragon, TMNT, Runequest, Toon, Judge Dredd, Star Wars, Star Trek, WFRP, Cyberpunk, Marvel super heroes (probably more than 1 game, monkey, but not many more), Space 1889, Shadowrun (Ohara was born in a late 80's shadowrun campaign and has been in pretty much any game I played since) and a customised version of DC superhero rules set in a dystopian early 21st century European Union.
    I've probably missed a few, I had a somewhat geeky 1980s
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    I had a somewhat geeky 1980s
    Hahaha, I did lol quite loudly at the somewhat... merp crit tables where and still are the best. 99 - you stub your toe fumble and cut your leg off, 100 - your blade moves so quickly the sonic boom destroys all enemies in a 100 miles radius, collect 500 random bags of loot.
    *might not be strictly true*

edit: woah just realised you had written teenage mutant ninja turtles... wtf dude!
    Last edited by MonkeyMonster; 30-10-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Ohara show's his April fetish...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Was it 2 or 4 scraps/sections before? ie are we penalised for hoarding the unrefined or the refined mats?
    It used to be two for each.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    woah just realised you had written teenage mutant ninja turtles... wtf dude!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage...er_Strangeness
    Can't recall what sort of furry critter I was. Maybe a squirrel...

I'll list my nerdy P&P CV after lunch.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I mostly did the white wolf systems, still want to put together a new changeling game sometime but can't find peeps with enough commitment lately.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    109814_0211 Anytime players loot coins, 5%% is deposited into the guild stash. (Requires Architecture - Guild Stash)
    interesting, guild tax. Easier/fairer than the 2g influence plan. Do we want this, what would we spend it on, any downsides (members repping less?) poll maybe?

That guild thing would be fine tbh - 5% is fundamentally tiny and if organised to be exchanged for food benefits pre puzzles etc can't see an issue with RPS. Other guilds might but they aren't awesome.

Oh and cthulu too - we all died of course but I did go out in style with a point blank rifle shot in its face before it ate me...

I don't know that we need the money enough - it would make more sense for guilds whose leaders/commanders spend a lot of money on WvW upgrades.

Yeah, I'm a bit undecided on that as well. So far we always had an easy time gathering funds on a voluntary basis (with donations) and probably won't need the money badly anytime soon.

@Pen&Paper discussion: Earthdawn 1st & 2nd Ed. (got me into P&P), Shadowrun 2nd Ed., AD&D (so 2nd Ed.), a bit of D&D 3rd Ed., The Dark Eye 4th Ed., PP&P (a German system, "Plüsch, Power & Plunder" which roughly translates into "Plush, Power & Trinkets", a system in which you play ... awakened plush toys and where skills are stuff like "use doorknob" and HP are determined by how neat you look), Cthulhu, 7th Sea (basically cloak and dagger set in a of low fantasy universe), Werewolf 3rd Ed., a tiny bit of Vampire (never liked it all that much), several small and obscure (also German) systems. Good times for sure, but I haven't played since I left university due to the lack of friends interested in that kind of stuff where I live, and I am not really interested in starting/getting into a set group.

Edit: Oh and Grim, a game where the players take on the roles of children lost in a twisted version of Grim's tales and have to find their way back into their own world. Character archetypes would be things like "Cheerleader", "Nerd", "Daydreamer" and so forth. Based on D&D rules, so very easy to learn.
    Last edited by Squiz; 30-10-2013 at 02:01 PM.

So this new healing skill is a reduced form of consume conditons with an aoe heal, does anyone else think taking a class specific thing and making it generic is a bad idea or is it just me?

If this is Anet's way of reintroducing profession unspecific skills (similar to the second profession in GW1) then that's a very poor attempt. The new skill has the potential to give more condition cleansing to all classes but then again, what's the point? Why not change the profession specific skills in a way that improves the overall balance?

Edit: It's also funny to see how they've specifically targeted those conditions with this skill that are used a lot at the moment (Confusion due to Runes of Perplexity for example).
    Last edited by Squiz; 30-10-2013 at 05:03 PM.