Page 11 of 158 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Most people quickly figure out that tanking isn't really possible in GW2 and in response tend to build ultra glass cannons. However, a solid investment in vitality, toughness and survival traits can make all the difference whether you go down in one or three hits.
    to wound the autumnal city.

I'm doing really well with my thief around level 50. My main attack is dual dagger death blossom. 3-5 of these over a group of enemies and you can stand back and watch them die. I can solo pretty much everything from veterans to large packs. The only thing I'm missing is a good ranged option. Pistols and shortbow seem really weak damage wise.

Network Hub
    I find that all of thief's ranged options (even mixed ones like DP and SP) sacrifice quite a bit of damage for increased survivavility. I'm mainly SB with SP for some special things. I kill slow but am generally safe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I thought dual pistols was one of the builds with highest DPS?

Network Hub
    Well, I can tell you for sure they are not using my pistols.

I'm fully specced for condition damage and for me it's just way more efficient to get back in the fight and death blossom as soon as initiative and health are back up. I only switch to ranged when I'm totally out of resource which rarely happens before everything is dead. For the nasty heavy hitters with cc's it would be nice to have a valid ranged option but nothing even comes close to the damage I churn out with db bleed.

Network Hub
    I feel part of the issue is we want to use one build for everything and that's probably not optimal at all. I like the forgiveness of my build, but it's not as fast as DD for killing stuff (I can still defend myself decently though), but I think DD would have trouble in dungeons. I wish we could change attributes as freely as we can change skills, and there was a way to save/load build templates in-game, just as there was in GW1.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I actually wish you could tie your current weapon(s) to a template including traits and utility/elite/heal skills, so for instance my staff could have more AoE utility skills with a weapon spawning elite and traits focused on a glass cannon build, whereas my scepter/dagger could be more survivability/melee.

The first WvW rankings are in, on which the longer lasting server match ups will ultimately be based. Surprisingly/Shockingly Gunnar's Hold isn't doing that bad at all, Top 10 EU.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by downgrade View Post
    I'm fully specced for condition damage and for me it's just way more efficient to get back in the fight and death blossom as soon as initiative and health are back up. I only switch to ranged when I'm totally out of resource which rarely happens before everything is dead. For the nasty heavy hitters with cc's it would be nice to have a valid ranged option but nothing even comes close to the damage I churn out with db bleed.
    In the harder dungeons, the point is not to kill things quickly. It's to outlive things.

I was in a dungeon with a group that had two condition-damage-heavy thieves. Therefore, Murphy's Law dictated, the next boss had to be one that healed by converting condition damage. HEYOOO
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I haven't done any dungeons yet, but would probably change my setup before entering one. Out in the open world of PvE, however, I'm pretty happy right now.

Obscure Node
    Just discovered Keg Brawling minigame, so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by downgrade View Post
    I haven't done any dungeons yet, but would probably change my setup before entering one. Out in the open world of PvE, however, I'm pretty happy right now.
    The official forums have an amazing thread about how to work as one of the best support units in the game.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...irst#post87030
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Thanks. My class just got somewhat more complicated. I got a bit tired of the same old death blossom spam, so I'm gonna try some of the more supporty skills

AN introduced (temporary) mystic forge recipes to counter the surplus of some items, reddit discovered their yield.

On a different note, Screwie will love these stats released by AN:
    Gender-Profession-Race-Crafting-Graph-590x378.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Considering all the previous polls I've seen, I am very surprised elementalists are as low as that, and that norn are as high as that o.o

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Little bit surprised by the races (except human) and professions (I'd have thought weaponsmithing lower) but the classes look right from my experience.

As an Asuran Mesmer Artificer, I feel pretty special now

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I wonder why Artificer is so low. I know potions aren't that good, but surely making scepters, staves and foci is just as important as making swords and daggers?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFire View Post
    I wonder why Artificer is so low. I know potions aren't that good, but surely making scepters, staves and foci is just as important as making swords and daggers?
    From my experience with them on a guardian, staves and scepters are lackluster weapon choices. Maybe they do better in dungeons or something, but for regular play I've been much better served by just about every other weapon.