Page 111 of 204 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4073
    What caused it to fail Squirrel, do you know? Was it lack of numbers?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

drkn and the other commanders who ran the event discussed it on the TS after the event. One major point apparently was that the groups responsible for defending the batteries were not fast enough in getting back to their positions after the first phase finished.

Then a lot of people (me included) only turned up for the event shortly before it started (i.e., less than 30 min before) and the commanders didn't have enough time to instruct their groups properly.

Finally we had a lot of randoms who seemed to just have joined for what they might have thought of as an easy chest grab but in turn scaled the event up without contributing enough to the fight itself.

drkn expressed the wish to see people turn up sooner and to familiarise themselves with their roles. Crews/buddies at each station are encouraged to take better care of each other.

Numbers might have been a factor but it wasn't a major one, same for the dps.
    Last edited by Squiz; 26-11-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Patch is live, but download speed crawling for me.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Yay looks like a big one
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Linked the Reddit thread about this because I agree with most of the comments.

You might think I'd eat this shit up, but seriously - this stuff isn't even partially tongue-in-cheek. I watched the video and I just cringed for most of it.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

SPOILERS AHEAD;

So, trying to find the good in the woeful reveal in Thaumanova, here's this post from reddit:

Inquest were working with what they thought was "chaos magic", but is actually dragon magic. And the Thaumanova Reactor was built on top of an intersection of magical channels in the planet.Then the instability created some sort of semi-sentient being. Also shaped like a human, notably. Killing it caused a nuclear-like explosion.
    We've learned some important things:

• Dragon energy flows through the world
    • Inquest trying to tap into it build labs on intersections of these channels
    • It can somehow become sentient
    • Scarlet knows about this
    So maybe there's a long game here. But even if that's true, it's far too long. We've now had a year of things that Scarlet was behind. If this is a precursor to a dragon storyline, it should have gone on for maybe three months, not a year.

It's a joke. At some point the writing team lost all focus and just went on a bender about something completely unrelated. Now a semi-sentient being based off ley line experimentation? Even Blizzard would laugh at this.
    Guild Wars 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Linked the Reddit thread about this because I agree with most of the comments.

You might think I'd eat this shit up, but seriously - this stuff isn't even partially tongue-in-cheek. I watched the video and I just cringed for most of it.
    OMG I stopped watching when she said that "you don't feel like grinding"
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

In other news, apparently I was a bit wrong about the number of people showing up for the Tequatl event, in fact drkn mentioned that we'd need bigger numbers. Hawksbane was so nice to add the event to our own event list, so give this a look if you're interested in participating. The aim is no less than taking down the hardest boss in the game and every helping hand is appreciated.

Make sure to check this thread over at the community forums (give me a shout if you need access authorisation), it contains everything you need to know about the event and has many helpful tips concerning gear, strategies and general do's and don'ts for the encounter. Setting up TeamSpeak is a requirement but trust me, it will be worth it.

Well, this is something I guess.

I mentioned this elsewhere on the forums, but I’ll say it here again. There is an end to the Scarlet story that has been planned out. I’m not at liberty to discuss release dates or the timeline, though.

Phew, I sure am glad that Scarlett isn't the final bossTM of the game after all. We dodged that bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    In other news, apparently I was a bit wrong about the number of people showing up for the Tequatl event, in fact drkn mentioned that we'd need bigger numbers. Hawksbane was so nice to add the event to our own event list, so give this a look if you're interested in participating. The aim is no less than taking down the hardest boss in the game and every helping hand is appreciated.

Make sure to check this thread over at the community forums (give me a shout if you need access authorisation), it contains everything you need to know about the event and has many helpful tips concerning gear, strategies and general do's and don'ts for the encounter. Setting up TeamSpeak is a requirement but trust me, it will be worth it.
    I'll make sure to be there

This is planned to happen next Monday and will possibly become a weekly event on GH.

GW2: Urraca Aldor

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    Agreed. Brightened up my day, thank you
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

IMG_20131127_173340.jpg

From today onwards, I will only play GW2 like this. Screw having your furnite where it's useful, all hail the new beamera!

I've got the same lamp! IKEA ftw.

Edit: How much was the beamer, if I may ask?

IKEA lamp is best lamp.
    The beamer was 400€ because of amazon's Cyber Monday thing, which would have been way over my budget but I shared the price with my two flatmates/friends, so it's all good. It's an Epson TW480. It's the best thing ever.

I'd like to join the event, it's been too long since I've played with you guys (or at all, New Vegas happened).

The light Flamekissed Armor skin will be visually updated, people who already bought the skin will get a refund.

It seems that ANet all of a sudden begins to notice a lot of the things the playerbase has been going on about for some time. Right now we see a lot of improvements regarding the alt-friendliness of various aspects of the game, like account bound Fractal levels and WXP. If this trend continues there might be a slim chance for future updates to actually improve the game in a meaningful way.

Let's just hope that this will also apply to the LS. As in, see it removed from the game and replaced by an expansion pack.

Edit: Thanks for the reply above, Labbes. Need to watch out for such good deals around where I live.
    Last edited by Squiz; 28-11-2013 at 09:32 AM.