Page 114 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 4334
    Good news on most of the PVP changes, especially being able to transfer pvp skins to elsewhere. It's a bit vague what they're going to do with existing skins, hope the 'value' is that they can at least be transferred as skins only or recrafted.

Being able to level alts using glory was leaked a while ago, it's a really good idea for a glory sink and makes it easier to go from pvp to wvw without bothering with pve. Also handy for getting people to drop into pvp if they want to skip a levelling zone / try something different.

Unlocking new skills with skillpoints for pvp is a very dodgy change though, always liked that in Guild Wars 1 everything was unlocked in pvp for every player from the get go. So nothing to stop a new player to the game from jumping in and having exactly the same choices and balance. On the other hand, a lot of people are overloaded with skillpoints and/or glory, and with the new alt levellling I guess they had to add a reason for saving more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sendmark View Post
    Unlocking new skills with skillpoints for pvp is a very dodgy change though, always liked that in Guild Wars 1 everything was unlocked in pvp for every player from the get go.
    Uh, no it wasn't. You had to unlock skills and equipment with Balthazar faction or pay extra for a full unlock from the shop. It was account-wide, though. That's different.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Uh, no it wasn't. You had to unlock skills and equipment with Balthazar faction or pay extra for a full unlock from the shop. It was account-wide, though. That's different.
    Ah yep you're right. I remember now with secondaries used to unlock builds really easily. It was the runes which were a pain.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The warrior one could be great, a situational heal that can be used to heal proportionate to incoming blows is a nice addition. In practice it'll probably either be OP or useless, but I like the idea of a heal moving from a "I screwed up" button to something you use situationally when you are about to take damage.
    As I mained a necro in GW1 I despair that things like vampirism still don't work in the sequel, but retain hope.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Can I just add that apricots home town was quite nice when I was visiting yesterday started off a bit grey but brightened as the day progressed.

Saph how did you find the big smoke?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Been in Bath today, big smoke at the end of the week.

I won't be online tomorrow after all, though, so no WvW meta for me :-(
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Been in Bath today, big smoke at the end of the week.

I won't be online tomorrow after all, though, so no WvW meta for me :-(
    Well fingers crossed dude!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Preview is up, with ascended armor: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...ember-10-2013/

Would someone be interested in running a bit of sPvP at 6 GMT or so?
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ascended armour already? But I haven't finished weapons yet! I guess the requirements will be the same as for weapons, huge amounts of cash/mats to level. Wonder how big the benefit will be, and whether it comes with an infusion slot. If so it'll be an odd clash with the new exponentially increasing agony resistance mechanic.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

I joked in chat last night about Ascended Armor dropping on the 10th ... apparently I am a prophet?

Anyway, 6% stat increase for 60g per piece and several hundred g to level to 500, I doubt I'll even try for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Preview is up, with ascended armor: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...ember-10-2013/
    Right. No details though... I wonder how much of a grind will armor crafting be. I think that's the big question.

Balance update's the one after right?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Nope, dec 10th is the balance update, as well as ascended armor and wintersday.

We knew ascended armor was coming this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Taverius View Post
    Nope, dec 10th is the balance update, as well as ascended armor and wintersday.
    Fab. That's going to be one juicy update. 0 new content, but quite a lot of good changes.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    Would someone be interested in running a bit of sPvP at 6 GMT or so?
    I am waiting in game
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Sorry something came up! I'll probably run some sPvP next week again to get rid of those boosters.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

ooof, off to NY (hopefully) next week so will miss this till following weekend!

Livestream notes: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...estream_notes/

It's nice that they're adding support to the necro with the new healing skill and the extra damage is welcome, but the passive on it seems really poor and it's hard to think of a situation where it would actually be good as a heal in any game mode.
    The thief one might open up a decent venom share build for WvW, will have to give that a try. The heals looked very impressive with the cleric's amulet.
    Defiant Stance is probably the heal I would pick for Lupicus in the future if no fire field is needed. It straight up heals you for the damage you would take during its duration, even condition damage. I'm sure it's going to be hilarious for WvW as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Yesterday we got a group together to do some spvp and it was quite fun and we actually did pretty well. The bad thing is that you get more glory boooster out of it so if anyone wants to get rid of them like I do before the patch I'm happy to do an hour here and there.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2