Page 12 of 158 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Only the cloth classes make a lot of use of staves and sceptres whereas every profession can use some of the weapons made by a weaponsmith. I guess there's also a bigger incentive for warriors (who make up the largest population block) to pick up a weapon crafting skill than there is for the others, since they can use so many different melee weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFire View Post
    I wonder why Artificer is so low. I know potions aren't that good, but surely making scepters, staves and foci is just as important as making swords and daggers?
    Crosscheck the profession balance and you'll see why: lots and lots of warrior/ranger/guardian/thief which mainly use non-artificer weapons and will choose accordingly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Since launch, various clever people have been deciphering how much it would take to craft one of the game's legendary weapons. For giggles, someone on reddit made an infographic detailing the recipe for one of the greatswords, Sunrise:

I will definitely never posess a legendary weapon.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Network Hub
    Shame some of the designs for the legendaries are truly awful. Look like accessories for a He-man toy.

I'm withholding my opinion on those until I see them in action, as it looks like most of these items have special graphical effects.

Sadly, first impressions mean some of them will probably be avoided more than others. Likewise, who would craft an underwater weapon as their first (or even second) item?

Network Hub
    I'm sorry, but no amount of graphical effects will stop that pistol from looking like a gaudy mess. And yeah, it does seem a bit insane that anyone would go to all that effort to make an underwater weapon.

Actually, I can't wait to see someone running around with that pistol. Comedy value should be a stat on that thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I want the shield. If I remember the lore correctly, you have to do Sorrow's Embrace for the tokens?

(I'll never get a legendary)

Edit: The Crucible of Eternity is where Droknar's Forge used to be. Maybe that dungeon. You just can't be sure.

Edit2: It's Ascalonian Catacombs.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 17-09-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Well if the legendary items are a bit much (and they probably are), there are still many exotic weapons to be found in the mystic forge, which also have their share of special graphical shinies. Research is ongoing, but the recipes (while not insignificant) require a lot less toil than legendaries.

You can take a look in reddit threads here and here. Some interesting ones include a guardian spirit hammer you actually hold in your hands, a glowing ball of light for a focus, or a mug of ale for the same!

Hey everyone, hope you are all enjoying the game.

Now I feel that I am actually going to have some weekends at home, I was looking to try to get a bit more involved in what is going on with the guild.

Are there any regular events going on? I'm keen to run some dungeons (although only high enough level for AC story), or join in some WvW. Any nights that are particularly good to find other guild members to hook up with for this?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I think I'm done with the game. It's fine. We had a good run, but all things must come to an end.

Decent changes, although they jumped on the "daily dungeon" bandwagon pretty fast.

1) Dungeon tokens are now rewarded at the end of an explorable chain. This was done to stop players from repeatedly entering a chain and farming the first boss that dropped tokens rather than playing the entire chain. At some point in the near future, we will make up for this by making dungeon tokens a rare drop so that even players who are not completing a chain can make partial progress toward the rewards.
    2) Dungeons reward 20 tokens for completion and now reward an additional 40 tokens for the first time they are completed each day. This means that if players can complete all 3 chains of a dungeon in a day, they’ll receive a total of 180 tokens, which is enough to purchase some of the smaller rewards.
    3) Dungeon tokens should be account bound. This will allow players to have a single character farm tokens for their other characters.

Network Hub
    I have just read from one of the posts in this thread regarding Guardian. I am not aware that these fighters whose role is to protect their allies against the enemies have the lowest base health pool. Thanks for the heads-up.

I wouldn't let that put you off. We also have lots of damage prevention and healing to offset the lower health pool.

Quote Originally Posted by harhis23 View Post
    I have just read from one of the posts in this thread regarding Guardian. I am not aware that these fighters whose role is to protect their allies against the enemies have the lowest base health pool. Thanks for the heads-up.
    The guardian though is based almost entirely around skills that prevent damage to them and their allies. And they work on champion enemies, unlike blind.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

A quick and big "Thank you" to Jill and Anne for yesterday evening's valiant effort at the Eternal Battlefield (why do I want to write Eternal Borderlands?) jumping puzzle. Despite cursing myself for going to bed so late I think we - mostly you two - did a great job. Well, apart from the dying of course. Next time, we will bring some more people with us.

Anyone up for a multi-party run through this ghastly gauntlet?

Obscure Node
    YES

when? I haven't played gw2 for about a week because I wanted to get TL2 'out of the way'.

*i'm delphine guillem

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    YES

when? I haven't played gw2 for about a week because I wanted to get TL2 'out of the way'.

*i'm delphine guillem
    I should be online tonight and will post in guild chat / whisper you. There should be at least 2-3 other people around to tag along. The more, the better.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    A quick and big "Thank you" to Jill and Anne for yesterday evening's valiant effort at the Eternal Battlefield (why do I want to write Eternal Borderlands?) jumping puzzle. Despite cursing myself for going to bed so late I think we - mostly you two - did a great job. Well, apart from the dying of course. Next time, we will bring some more people with us.

Anyone up for a multi-party run through this ghastly gauntlet?
    That was a lot of fun despite our eventual failure. I got 12 kills for my monthly's on that run, felt like a boss for a while there.

And a most emphatic 'yes' to a multi-party run from me, that could be a blast.

About PvP and WvW...

If you're already level 80, do you get to pick your traits for free every time you go into it?
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!