Page 121 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 3694
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    any news from ubi Yaargh? obviously committing heresy by mentioning but I was always a big fan of settlers in all its forms from 1 onwards and still awaiting confirmation it's had drm removed from the latest production which by all other accounts gets good reviews...

I vowed to not purchase Settlers 7 with this ***** up DRM, although I am a huge fan of the series. They patched out the always on requirement for Settlers 7 afaik, but I am not sure about the DLC. And Ubilauncher and Online activation are still required. So no Settlers 7 for me yet.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/set...ayable_offline

http://steamcommunity.com/app/48210/...5579838401633/
    Valconas

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Scarlet will remove all waypoints and destroy all asura gates so we'll have to walk everywhere.

It's like Mass Effect 3 then?
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Scarlet will remove all waypoints and destroy all asura gates so we'll have to walk everywhere.
    the screen shot in the video of those gates is not lions arch - or at least not the main area as they are parallel to each other not in a ring. It rings a bell where two gates are visible that way but I can't think just now - maybe bankrotas in his travels can remember?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

There's a special kind of portal here in the background on the EotM map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slEWH5E0-I8&t=35

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    More teaser (with poetry of the usual quality)
    http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/arenanet.html
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    More teaser (with poetry of the usual quality)
    http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/arenanet.html
    Well Primordus will rise!!!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

If anyone picks up pirate runes btw then gives a shout as I wish to use a set for guild purposes - who wouldn't want to have a chance of spawning a parrot!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Might have some in the bank, think they are a late stage personal story reward.
    give me a reminder in game monkey to check if I sold them, Monkey.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Might have some in the bank, think they are a late stage personal story reward.
    give me a reminder in game monkey to check if I sold them, Monkey.
    will do cheers, think might be 2 in the bank as well if it's okay to take. I have 2 too... no I don't have a tutu

They are less than a silver each.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    They are less than a silver each.
    Shh Malawi! Monkey owing me a favour is worth far more than 6s...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Network Hub
    I can heartily recommend Runes of the Pirate. You get a chance to make a shout like you are trying to open up a bottle and failing at it, and the bird makes the most horrible, un-birdlike noise when it dies.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Not a whole lot of relevant or new information there. Most of these things have either been implicated by previous announcements (like WvW season rewards, PvP changes) or don't really mean anything for the state of the game (Dwarves as playable characters? Who honestly cares?).

PvE: Are there any plans to make condition builds more viable in PvE?
    ”Yes you should see some creatures targeted around weakness to condition in some of the early builds next year.” ~Isaiah Cartwright
    Skill Balance ] Why is condition damage intentionally restricted?
    ”We don’t restriction condition damage in any intentional way there are limits to the number of stacks on a target and gadgets cannot be targeted with conditions both of these are more of a result of our tech. These are limitations that we often work around and we are always looking for more ways to make condition damage interesting across all game types.” ~Isaiah Cartwright
    I would assume that the latter point is one of the major restrictions condition-based play is suffering from. Nothing short of changing large portions of the game and/or the underlying code will change that in PvE. Expect LS episodes featuring enemies with high resistance to physical damage and weaknesses to conditions, that's as far as ArenaNet can go in terms of creativity and innovation I fear.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Hmm, how is condition build not viable in PvE ? I understand it not being viable in zerging pve, but solo PvE I find condi build gives me more viability than straight up damage type.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Of course you can beat large portions of the game with a condition-focussed build but it is slow and most challenging content is built around group play anyway. And with group I mean five players (Fractals, Dungeons, general group play). Two Necros can easily hit the bleed cap on groups of enemies, anything in addition is just wasted potential.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Two Necros can easily hit the bleed cap on groups of enemies, anything in addition is just wasted potential.
    a very good point that I hadn't concerned myself with in terms of wasted potential - but then I have always made power builds for smacking mobs. Makes total sense that way that condi builds are a bit wasted in anything bar solo pve...

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Karuji, is there no other option than going for Cleric's gear? Cleric items are among the armor pieces that are insanely cheap on the TP (4g in total I believe). Have you discovered Assassin's gear already?
    Already have a zerker and knights set, thought it would be more interesting if I went for something not DPS.

Also hi, I iz back. Guild was kinda quite in December and I crawled under some blankets and lost 3 weeks of time to I dunno wat.