Page 122 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3682
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I was starting to think you had fallen off a cliff. Cleric could be interesting for WvW I think.

Conditions are viable in a 5 man group you just need to be aware of the conditions that others are laying down - there is a problem with conditions that don't stack intensity and the stack limit but surely they could get around that my cutting the number of stacks for something like bleed but increasing the damage per stack. Agony for instance only give 3 stacks per person.

They don't work in zergs though
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    well don't forget if you have black lion tickets to use em as there is currently 2 tickets off standard prices...

I may have a lot of money now... not legendary wise but a nice pot - suggestions as to what to do with it please?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

1. Buy a kite. Then make a guild kite. Be proud to display Horace (for instance to the enemy zerg who just killed you in WvW)!
    2. Buy an endless choir bell and make music to the glory of Horace!
    3. Buy an endless tonic of choice. You never know when you might need it.
    4. Buy a costume of choice. Costumes are cool, and it's good fun to brawl a bit while waiting for something to start (not in WvW anymore, sadly).
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Building for conditions is fine if you only play solo PvE or WvW roaming. It's very efficient in terms of stat investment. For dungeons only engineers really shine in this regard since they're the only class that can stack conditions high enough and still do direct damage and still buff the party (if built and played properly, zerker+condition duration).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    But but but, my thief can put 30 bleeds per skill cycle :/
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Nice idea about Kite and I had a lightning one already - upgraded it
    Bell... hmmm no
    I have an endless tonic somewhere - will look it out
    Tuning my guild outfit with the pirate runes - it was successfully spawning parrots last night

I haz a derpee hat too now
    Last edited by MonkeyMonster; 11-01-2014 at 12:58 PM. Reason: awesomeness
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

I would be using the armour on Jar so I dunno burning just still doesn't do it for me . . .

Clerics could prove interesting for WvW so it seems like the best choice with regards to levelling AS.

---

Also I'd think you guys would be somewhat used to me falling off the face of the earth by now (promise one of these day's I'll get an actual phoneline to play on)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Steps will be taken to address the berserker meta.... yeah, we'll see.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post3480529
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    So many angry and confused people... sad face

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    There seem to be a lot of people complaining about PvE mobs who don't do any PvE.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

I just quickly browsed some of the replies on the last pages but that's really interesting, although not necessarily in a good way. The only way Anet can handle this without causing a massive uproar is to make other stat combinations or playstyles more powerful. If they're nerfing Berzerker stats in any shape or form (be it by decreasing the total stats or throwing more unavoidable damage around or whatever) that would mean that lots and lots of people who have invested time and effort into getting Ascended Berzerker stuff end up with less useful items.

It will be interesting to see what the devs come up with and how much it will change the current game mechanics.

What I don't understand is, why can't each persons conditions on target be counted separately?

As far as I've understood it, it's a problem in the game code where keeping track of individual stacks across the whole player population would be too resource demanding. I don't really get why this is such an issue but then again I have no idea about programming games.

It would increase CPU intensity and server load, but I believe, it's more because of way code was built and cost of rewriting is tad too much. As you'd need to fine tune it to optimise it too.

It's simplest of ways, but not the only one. Merging stacks, making stacks bit different would also go a long way.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 12-01-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    It's less about CPU usage than server load for transmitting to all clients. It's not so bad in dungeons where you only have five people, but having to transmit 100 different bleed stacks to 100 different people at Tequatl can soon get trying.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

exceptionally boring voice call from 7.30am that is just important enough that I need to pay attention enough to not be able to do my daily at the same time - so so unfair!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You're slipping at multitasking, monkey. Today seems ok: gather, recycle, revive, Forge some siege (or xp/mf/karma boosters) and afk at a couple of group events. Treat the voice call as an additional challenge, like a Mistlock instability...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    You're slipping at multitasking, monkey. Today seems ok: gather, recycle, revive, Forge some siege (or xp/mf/karma boosters) and afk at a couple of group events. Treat the voice call as an additional challenge, like a Mistlock instability...
    I like the mistlock comparison Forging boosters... do you mean the improved versions? Where are good locations to find a number of downed npc's to raise? I needed to stop scope creep so couldn't really unfocus alas but was really wanting to.

Revivable NPCs can be found outside that fort in the human starting area. Another good spot is right outside Rata Sum. There are a couple of golems you can talk to which give you like 3 or 6 different dialogue options. One of those options makes the golems collaps into a pile of revivable-golem-npc-you-can-talk-to-parts. Also, Crossroad Haven in Halvaunt Snowfield (Wayfarer Foothills) gets assaulted quite frequently, leaving ~10 dead NPCs lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Revivable NPCs can be found outside that fort in the human starting area. Another good spot is right outside Rata Sum. There are a couple of golems you can talk to which give you like 3 or 6 different dialogue options. One of those options makes the golems collaps into a pile of revivable-golem-npc-you-can-talk-to-parts. Also, Crossroad Haven in Halvaunt Snowfield (Wayfarer Foothills) gets assaulted quite frequently, leaving ~10 dead NPCs lying around.
    All good points, cheers dude - how's that thesis turning out